Teams San Francisco 49ers - The Niners

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I don’t like armstead that much cos I rather we kept Buckner and it doesn’t help we muffed the pick we got for Buckner by picking kinlaw instead of Wirfs

Arik Armstead & Maliek Collins comparisons over the past 3 season’s

Armstead:
• games, 38
• sacks, 11
• QB hits, 28
• pressures, 148
• tackles, 101
• tackle for loss, 13

Collins:
• games, 46
• sacks, 11
• QB hits, 35
• pressures, 116
• tackles, 107
• tackle for loss, 26

Similar numbers overall, with Collins missing fewer games. Collins also had more PBU’s, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries and INT's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aiyuk is on board with his former teammate from ASU, even amongst all the trade talks for WRs. I think we're going with Deebo and Aiyuk in to the season next year and Pearsall might see some of Juan's snaps before hes off.

Brandon Aiyuk's days with the 49ers are over​

Like many of his fellow star wide receivers in a puzzlingly slow extension market, Aiyuk is still waiting for a new contract from the 49ers and has seemed frustrated that he doesn't have one. The 49ers have insisted they don't want to trade him and still hope to sign him, but that hasn't stopped the chatter around the situation and the presumption in league circles that they will eventually decide they have to trade him.

The Niners were having talks with other teams about Aiyuk and fellow wideout Deebo Samuel before and during the first round Thursday, and their selection of Florida receiver Ricky Pearsall at No. 31 did little to quiet that noise.

Verdict: OVERREACTION

First of all, my understanding is that the Niners would prefer to move Samuel, not Aiyuk. Pearsall is more similar as a player to Samuel than he is to Aiyuk. Samuel is scheduled to earn nearly $21 million in salary and count more than $28.6 million against their salary cap in 2024. But in large part because of those numbers, Samuel is the more difficult of the two to trade.

However, I've also been assured many times that the 49ers can carry both Aiyuk and Samuel on this season's team and that they've kept them both abreast of what's going on in terms of trade talks. So I think Samuel is more likely than Aiyuk to be traded, and carrying them (and their big cap numbers) on the roster for one more season is also a more likely outcome at this point than an Aiyuk trade. We'll see. Long way to go between now and September. But I believe the Niners when they say they plan to have Aiyuk around for a while.

Strange draft, we seem to go on talent over need, which is ok if the flaws aren't fatal. We drafted WR with 2 early picks in a space we're pretty set with.

The right side of the line was overwhelmed in the Superbowl and the ravens game. We did add a few so time will tell how it all pans out

Brandon Aiyuk's days with the 49ers are over​

Like many of his fellow star wide receivers in a puzzlingly slow extension market, Aiyuk is still waiting for a new contract from the 49ers and has seemed frustrated that he doesn't have one. The 49ers have insisted they don't want to trade him and still hope to sign him, but that hasn't stopped the chatter around the situation and the presumption in league circles that they will eventually decide they have to trade him.

The Niners were having talks with other teams about Aiyuk and fellow wideout Deebo Samuel before and during the first round Thursday, and their selection of Florida receiver Ricky Pearsall at No. 31 did little to quiet that noise.

Verdict: OVERREACTION

First of all, my understanding is that the Niners would prefer to move Samuel, not Aiyuk. Pearsall is more similar as a player to Samuel than he is to Aiyuk. Samuel is scheduled to earn nearly $21 million in salary and count more than $28.6 million against their salary cap in 2024. But in large part because of those numbers, Samuel is the more difficult of the two to trade.

However, I've also been assured many times that the 49ers can carry both Aiyuk and Samuel on this season's team and that they've kept them both abreast of what's going on in terms of trade talks. So I think Samuel is more likely than Aiyuk to be traded, and carrying them (and their big cap numbers) on the roster for one more season is also a more likely outcome at this point than an Aiyuk trade. We'll see. Long way to go between now and September. But I believe the Niners when they say they plan to have Aiyuk around for a while.

Strong disconnect between headline and content.

Strange draft, we seem to go on talent over need, which is ok if the flaws aren't fatal. We drafted WR with 2 early picks in a space we're pretty set with.

The right side of the line was overwhelmed in the Superbowl and the ravens game. We did add a few so time will tell how it all pans out

I'm ok with it...we will be at least 2 starter wrs down in 2025. However, the 49ers clearly view their line strength differently to the rest of us and saw no clear upgrades where they were picking.

Personally it's centre where I think we can do with the biggest upgrade.

The commentary seems to be Pearsall would replace Aiyuk, now Deebo but the guy who is 100% gone and probably sees the most impact this year for playing time is Jennings in the slot.

I reckon Jennings will see more time as a true TE in two TE sets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back