Phantom Draft Snoop Dog 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Ahmed Saad at Carlton. Would have liked him there originally but with Betts, Garlett and Yarran in the forward it was impossible. Now though he'd flourish there.

I just feel if the Tigers pass on Wright now, in 5 years we will really be regretting it.
If he is there at 12 do you think the tigers will take him?

It is a really good question and one I asked myself as I went through it. I obviously have him high but I did a version with him not available to be selected to 10 to see what would happen and who would / might take him.

Personally I would really struggle seeing the Cats pass on him but given they have a few options there you can make a case for it. Crows and Richmond could both do with him and as much as they may want something else like Emma Quayle I genuinely think this kid could be the best player when we look back at this draft in 5 years time. He has a lot of tools. Quality key forwards are rare and history shows if they are available you take them. If you look at Richmond I think they could do with another fwd option so that makes sense and they will get a go at a quality inside midfielder at the Rd 2 selection without any question and possibly Rd 3. If Richmond could land;

# 12 - Wright
# 33 - Gore
# 52 - McGrath

then I think that would be a really good outcome for them.
I think Collingwood are locked on Laverde but if Wright is available they may change their mind.

It is a really good question and one I asked myself as I went through it. I obviously have him high but I did a version with him not available to be selected to 10 to see what would happen and who would / might take him.

Personally I would really struggle seeing the Cats pass on him but given they have a few options there you can make a case for it. Crows and Richmond could both do with him and as much as they may want something else like Emma Quayle I genuinely think this kid could be the best player when we look back at this draft in 5 years time. He has a lot of tools. Quality key forwards are rare and history shows if they are available you take them. If you look at Richmond I think they could do with another fwd option so that makes sense and they will get a go at a quality inside midfielder at the Rd 2 selection without any question and possibly Rd 3. If Richmond could land;

# 12 - Wright
# 33 - Gore
# 52 - McGrath

I think Collingwood are locked on Laverde but if Wright is available they may change their mind.
Surley Collingwood would be strongly considering Wright.
Who do they have as an up and coming key foward?

Cheers for the good read Snoop.

I see you have Menadue at 29, considering your above comment, where do you see his draft range and how early do you think he could go?

I think he is anywhere from 16 - 30.

I reckon the top 15 are reasonably settled - the only ones to sneak in might be Langford and Maynard possibly. The next 15-17 I think are also pretty well settled and Menadue is in that. I have him to the back end because I think he is 2 years off playing. He is 69kg and has a lot of work to do to get his body physically strong enough. I will admit to him being one I am worried I could have about 10 spots to low but the draft pool is really good this year in that top 30 and tp push him up am pushing someone back and I just cant figure out who that is.

I like Ahmed Saad at Carlton. Would have liked him there originally but with Betts, Garlett and Yarran in the forward it was impossible. Now though he'd flourish there.

Yeah I agree I think he would be terrific for Carlton and suits that sort of experience profile they seem to want to get.

# 12 - Wright
# 33 - Gore
# 52 - McGrath

Reading this creates movement in my jocks.

Surley Collingwood would be strongly considering Wright.
Who do they have as an up and coming key foward?

I know they interviewed him in the last week or so again and I agree they dont have much coming through so it would have to be tempting.

I would think though as much as Collingwood talk about Moore as being a CHB ideally they would like him to become a key forward. With Keefe, Frost, Brown and Reid they have plenty of key backs for the next 5-6 years. Even with Moore up there we dont really have another option coming up so Wright would tempt but the mail is strong its Laverde unless Collingwood are playing a game of 'chicken' re either Pickett or someone else.

What do you know / what are your thoughts on Pat McKenna, Snoop? Article by Cal Twomey that he is nominating for the draft and that GWS, Hawks, Pies and Freo (maybe others too) are interested.

What do you know / what are your thoughts on Pat McKenna, Snoop? Article by Cal Twomey that he is nominating for the draft and that GWS, Hawks, Pies and Freo (maybe others too) are interested.

I dont know much about him actually. Kid was the u18 Aust cricket capt so talented kid obviously and from what you read he has played some handy footy. I am going to try and find out a bit more through my contacts as I had only known him as a really good young cricketer.

The word is that Pat McCartin would have been a lock for the first five picks if he was 194cm. If he's 193cm i'm hearing he's now unlikely to be drafted at all.

A consensus on his actual height needs to be attained before draft day. Pat McCartins' silence on this issue is beyond comprehension.
I'm sure he'll be drafted Brisbane are good candidate to draft him at pick 67 if no one else wants him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No probs bud. I had it in my mind it was more country than city but not sure its all that important to his football talent and chances of being drafted anyway.
Armadale is a massive hole and on the very end of the train line - a considerably worse place to live than most country areas.

In any event he impressed me this year and it was good to see someone else give him a plug.

Nice work.

Thoughts on Weller getting to North at 16?

Getting more probable if I believe a few things have been hearing lately. There is a cluster of kids who are mids that in the frame for picks 8, 10, 11, 12, 15 and 16. I think Freo and Crows will both go tall if they have Wright, Goddard, Lever or Durdin in front of them. So for those selections I think you could say Cockatoo, Langford, Ahern, Weller, Duggan, Ellis, Maynard, De Goey are all real chances at any of those spots.

Who was the other key forward for Vic Metro who played along side Darcy Moore? Was it Peter Wright? Who were the two key position forward who had all Australian honours? Is it "plausible" that Collingwood picks it's spine this draft?

Surley Collingwood should pick Wright if he is there at their first pick.
They could set up their spine for 10 years ala the hawks in 04... :(
The seem to have midfielders coming out of their ears so I wouldnt be surprised if the pies do take Wright.

Are you hearing anything about who is into Marchbank? I have a feeling that he is probably a big chance to be one of those who "slides" into the 20's, given that teams that are after someone to play key defence could have the likes of Lever, Durdin and Goddard to choose from as well.

Also, any word on who Gold Coast are likely to take at pick 8?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back