Prediction STAYING or GOING the Matt Suckling debate

SUCKLING - Staying or Going?

• I love that left peg! He will stay!

Votes: 47 31.8%
  • Can lairise for cash somewhere else! He will go!

Votes: 101 68.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He may be free agent, so is Colin Sylvia does that make it more enticing?
Yeah it does
Means you only give up salary cap space, keeping players and draft picks
The only question would be if they target the right type of player for their club, using your Colin Sylvia example

Suckers has been great for the Hawks, but if his piss poor year is due to wanting more $$ after the Hawks persisted with his injury prone start to the year and stuck with him when the ACL occurred it is a disgrace..

What is causing his form slump is unknown.

However, the only way he is staying is if no clubs make an over the top bid for his services.

He won't negotiate with the hawks at all, so he is orf like a fish in the midday summer sun.

What is causing his form slump is unknown.

However, the only way he is staying is if no clubs make an over the top bid for his services.

He won't negotiate with the hawks at all, so he is orf like a fish in the midday summer sun.

I agree with your third point, but to be realistic, he really has no other strings to his bow. Other than playing more football somewhere after he retires from the AFL, he doesn't seem to have anything from what I can see. A bit like Ryder, a good manager would be telling him "mate, the next three years is where you will make or break your financial future". As loyal as I prefer players to be, no, I expect them to be, I also realise that in some cases that is unrealistic and even unfair.

I agree with your third point, but to be realistic, he really has no other strings to his bow. Other than playing more football somewhere after he retires from the AFL, he doesn't seem to have anything from what I can see. A bit like Ryder, a good manager would be telling him "mate, the next three years is where you will make or break your financial future". As loyal as I prefer players to be, no, I expect them to be, I also realise that in some cases that is unrealistic and even unfair.

So you are happy to see another free agent march of the swans and we yet again, get screwed over for compensation?

why there is any compensation for losing a free agent is beyond me.....
It's not the fact that there's compensation, it's the fact that everyone seems to get fair compensation but us.

It's not the fact that there's compensation, it's the fact that everyone seems to get fair compensation but us.
That's only because there is an element of equalisation in almost everything the afl does. And we just happen to be top of the pile atm.

Looks as though he may play all games this year. Might create a bidding war with other clubs. Hawthorn may then get better compensation. I hope he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey there. You'll fit in well here.
not until they admit that Stevie J is a dog, Hawkins is a fat pretty-boy and refer to his captain as Duckwood.

Meet these three demands and I'll greet them with open arms.

Clarko's gotta stop giving him games unconditionally! If he deserves his spot, he plays, if not , he doesn't. Quite simple really.

Happy if he chases the cash but boy, can one of Litherland, Woody, Jed or JOR please step up and demand a spot.

So much for all this depth we had !!

Litherland just needs an extended run and he'll be right. JOR needs a season building up his rig and core and he will go well. Jed is going to be a star, not sure about Woody...

So you are happy to see another free agent march of the swans and we yet again, get screwed over for compensation?

Doubt Swans will be interested in him, he had the chance to come to us as a guaranteed pre-draft rookie selection and knocked the offer back to get to the Hawks. Be surprised if he leaves Hawks to be honest, seems pretty happy there

Doubt Swans will be interested in him, he had the chance to come to us as a guaranteed pre-draft rookie selection and knocked the offer back to get to the Hawks. Be surprised if he leaves Hawks to be honest, seems pretty happy there
But are Hawks happy? :oops:
Supporters sure ain't atm ! :p

You'd be amazed at what your blokes will consider cooking up. Farkland anyone?

Getting him weakens (strengthens actually, by a process of squib eradication) the hawks, stretches your salary cap quite badly, and allows you to replace Malceski with a genuine super squib and gets a genuine ingrate out of our club.

Sounds like a win-win-win-win situation all around!

Last edited:
Back