Teams you hope we beat the most in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn and Sydney.

This /end thread. IDGAF if we lose both showdowns and drop a game against the Norfs but if we beat those two consistently we're GF/Premiership bound so IDGAF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even after the elimination final win I still had the urge to absolutely belt Richmond again. My older brother said 'the only bad thing about today is that we don't play them again next week. I want to play and flog them every week'.

Richmond, Essendon, North and Carlton - the flouted four. Crows and Collingwood are a very close 5th and 6th.

Even after the elimination final win I still had the urge to absolutely belt Richmond again. My older brother said 'the only bad thing about today is that we don't play them again next week. I want to play and flog them every week'.

Richmond, Essendon, North and Carlton - the flouted four. Crows and Collingwood are a very close 5th and 6th.

Yeah, I haven't felt schadenfreude like that since R1 2013, when it seemed like every Melbourne fan with access to social media was confident they were going to destroy us, given their skeleton side beat our 2004 Premiership Team that had just stepped out of a Delorean skeleton side in Renmark or Berri or Firle.

That 8 goal blitz - replete with Chaplin blunders - was so insanely satisfying I couldn't even deal.

Yeah, I haven't felt schadenfreude like that since R1 2013, when it seemed like every Melbourne fan with access to social media was confident they were going to destroy us, given their skeleton side beat our 2004 Premiership Team that had just stepped out of a Delorean skeleton side in Renmark or Berri or Firle.

That 8 goal blitz - replete with Chaplin blunders - was so insanely satisfying I couldn't even deal.

I want to play Chaplin every week as well, just so we can rack up numbers in the 'broken tackles' stat. I was almost feeling sorry for him after I saw him sulking away from the Rance/Gray confrontation in the last quarter. I wouldn't feel too good if the first 5 goals were kicked on me either.

What about when Schulz runs into the open goal after that Hartlett bump and all the Richmond flogs in their cheer squad abuse him hahaha :p but being the class act he is, Schulz gives them no acknowledgement whatsoever and turns around to get on with the game :)

What about when Schulz runs into the open goal after that Hartlett bump and all the Richmond flogs in their cheer squad abuse him hahaha :p but being the class act he is, Schulz gives them no acknowledgement whatsoever and turns around to get on with the game :)

Schulz would grind their gears hard. By his own admission he got well ahead of himself at Punt Road, didn't work hard enough - then lost all confidence and desire - and cost them their TAC sponsorship boot. They then trade him for a bucket of chips and he becomes the elite forward he'd promised to be.

But ah well, that's Richmond!

The boys have better things to do than listen to a bunch of opposition scrubbers shout abuse because their team can't play... such as contending for the premiership :D I honestly hope we beat every single team. I think we can go unbeaten at home in one of the next few seasons, we have the potential to do that, but I actually want us to flog the bottom teams by 10 goals or more and put away the 6th-12th placed teams by a comfortable 5 goals. Can stand it whenever we only get up by 10 points to a GWS or Melbourne. Not that the competition is getting any easier, but its something that the top teams just do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ones in yellow below. Was just looking up this spreadsheet re how bad our record was against Geelong after what Boak said in the article for tomorrow's paper.

View attachment 99215

Lol at our record against the Western Bullfrogs. And i still don't feel an ounce of rivalry there.

Bombers, Richmond, Norf, Geelong and Crows are the teams i would enjoy beating the most regardless of position. As far as our premiership aspirations go and we need to make a habit out of matching it with the Hawks and Swans.

The boys have better things to do than listen to a bunch of opposition scrubbers shout abuse because their team can't play... such as contending for the premiership :D I honestly hope we beat every single team. I think we can go unbeaten at home in one of the next few seasons, we have the potential to do that, but I actually want us to flog the bottom teams by 10 goals or more and put away the 6th-12th placed teams by a comfortable 5 goals. Can stand it whenever we only get up by 10 points to a GWS or Melbourne. Not that the competition is getting any easier, but its something that the top teams just do.

I went public on a prediction that we'd go undefeated at home in 2014, so that made the 2 point loss to Essendon was so much worse for me :p

I spend the first quarter standing at the back of the level 1 seats toward the northern end of the eastern stand. The concrete stairway next to me blocked out the northern forward 50 completely. Didn't matter.

I feel like a lot of men would have felt like they had cheated on their wives/girlfriends after how satisfying that was.

I'm going to go with the obvious one Adelaide, i still love beating those campaigners more than any other team, would love to really dish them out a 100+ flogging next year and then tune in to Walsh's presser with a big bag of movietime popcorn.

After that i just want to beat everyone else, i really don't like any other team. I hate it when people say i've got a bit of a soft spot for this team and that team.

Of the rest though, I particularly liked beating Geelong last year after the pain they've dished out to us in the past and look forward to returning serve to them in future. Essendon and North are another 2 teams we've had trouble with in recent times and would like to beat them next year. Always like beating Collingwood too. However, ultimately Hawthorn and Sydney have the biggest targets on their backs. They will ultimately be the 2 teams to beat again next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back