Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

$10,000 wouldn't really be that much once you buy memberships and merchandise. You'd probably still have most of it left initially but then the ongoing costs of being a member and updating your merch would see you out of pocket soon enough.

You'd need to up your offer by a factor of 10 and even then my support would be passive. No membership or merchandise. Watch the occasional game each season (the ones v Hawks and while I'd have to cheer the scum outwardly, on the inside I'd be glad the Hawks are belting them).

I'm very passionate about Hawthorn - checking these boards every day of the off season for the tiniest bit of news or discussion is testament to that - and it takes up a decent part of my spare time and brings me a lot of enjoyment (particularly the last few years!) and I'd be reluctant to trade that for a cash amount that couldn't instantly change my life for the better.

I'm even doubting that I'd improve my net happiness with $100k if it meant not being able to support the Hawks any longer. Especially if I had to replace with the Scum.

If you're going to bring logic to this discussion then I refuse to participate. I'm packing up my brown paper bags full of $10,000 ('appropriated' from the Carlscum Football Club) and going home.

My brother did the same thing... lifestyle change, more time with the kids, etc. I still categorize that as 'self interest' though.
Sorry you can't have it ways. You can't say people are self serving and will value money over loyalty and then when they make decisions over loyalty (to their family) that it is self serving.

Or are you expecting people to walk over broken glass and then donate money to a charity they hate, (because donating to one they believe in would be "self interest") then eat nothing but chaff or they are self interested. Ity doesn't work like that. You either acknowledge people make decisions based on other things than money or you think they base their decisions on financial gain. You can 't denegrate every decision as being self interest. Anyone who makes any decision makes it in self interest. I give to the poor by offering free tutoring three times a week (this is true and I turn no one away), because it makes me feel good. I am a self interested self serving human being because I do this because I want to.

Even as just a supporter, I could offer you $10,000 to, say, change your allegiances to Essenscum or the COLA, which means turning up to their games, buying the merchandise, everything you'd be doing now with Hawthorn. And of course removing all brown and gold from your life.

Of course, you'd say not a chance in hell (I'd expect).

However, if I turned up on your doorstep and presented the cash right in front of you, well, then it becomes a little more real and thought processes start heading down the path of 'actually, I think my complexion tends to complement red and black...'
The problem with your point Smitty, is that you need to remember HFC turned up on my doorstep too & offered similar $$

Franklin is a professional footballer who already has achieved the ultimate goal twice. He got an amazing offer and accepted.
When talking about loyalty, one only has to listen to Ayres and Brereton on Open Mike, to get their views of Hawthorn and the loyalty shown to them.

Mind you, I wonder just how much he regrets leaving Hawthorn after watching his mates receive another 2 premiership medals.
By all reports he wasn't given a great offer and decided to go for it. He had Pickering call them 2 weeks after we lost to them in the grand final and tell them he wanted to play for them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

you can't do that to us

but then again, my loyalty would have already been with HFC as i was barracking for them before i even knew who $wans were
What if I said if you play for * for 5 years Hawks win the 3 flags after you retire?

Sorry you can't have it ways. You can't say people are self serving and will value money over loyalty and then when they make decisions over loyalty (to their family) that it is self serving.

Or are you expecting people to walk over broken glass and then donate money to a charity they hate, (because donating to one they believe in would be "self interest") then eat nothing but chaff or they are self interested. Ity doesn't work like that. You either acknowledge people make decisions based on other things than money or you think they base their decisions on financial gain. You can 't denegrate every decision as being self interest. Anyone who makes any decision makes it in self interest. I give to the poor by offering free tutoring three times a week (this is true and I turn no one away), because it makes me feel good. I am a self interested self serving human being because I do this because I want to.

Ahh... well that went over your head. Carry on though, cryptor finished my fun and games for me so I'm back to stirring Gunstall wherever I can. :D

I don't care what the rumours are I reckon he had depression I just saw a recent shot of him and his face looks bloated a sure sign he's on anti depressants.. He may look fit but the face don't lie....it gives it all away... Still hate him though...trillions have depression there's no miracle cure either....

I don't care what the rumours are I reckon he had depression I just saw a recent shot of him and his face looks bloated a sure sign he's on anti depressants.. He may look fit but the face don't lie....it gives it all away... Still hate him though...trillions have depression there's no miracle cure either....
Many currently seem to be of the mind that everything can be fixed.....thats not the real world....things go wrong, stuff wears out...nothing is forever.
We have more knowledge more resources and more wealth than ever before....but it is still a struggle most days for many people.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It may be a symptom of anti-depressants, but I wouldn't say it's a sure sign. It still begs the question, if it is depression, why does he not come out and say so? It's not like he's hiding something that no-one knows about.

LoL.

Diagnosis from an internet digital image.
Hahaha good one made my day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It may be a symptom of anti-depressants, but I wouldn't say it's a sure sign. It still begs the question, if it is depression, why does he not come out and say so? It's not like he's hiding something that no-one knows about.

It's not entirely unexpected that he might look more like his father as he grows older...

Even as just a supporter, I could offer you $10,000 to, say, change your allegiances to Essenscum or the COLA, which means turning up to their games, buying the merchandise, everything you'd be doing now with Hawthorn. And of course removing all brown and gold from your life.

Of course, you'd say not a chance in hell (I'd expect).

However, if I turned up on your doorstep and presented the cash right in front of you, well, then it becomes a little more real and thought processes start heading down the path of 'actually, I think my complexion tends to complement red and black...'
No. Maybe says more about me. I'd need a life changing amount.

I'd probably need enough money so that I could become the EFC major sponsor and emblazen "Drugcheats" across the front of their jumper

That has already happened. Their jumper is, to many, irrevocably emblazoned with those words. Save your money and spend it on hookers, cigars and a jumping castle.

I'd probably need enough money so that I could become the EFC major sponsor and emblazen "Drugcheats" across the front of their jumper

Yeah but when they go home, they can take those jumpers off. Then we can't tell they're drug cheating scum.

I think more permanent measures are required.

basterds-fix.jpg

How many trillion is Buddy on this year?
$1.1 or $1.2m I think.

Interesting that there hasn't been more talk of players being squeezed out of Sydney given they lose the COLA next year. That said they've already lost Bird & Malceski but no big names like Kennedy or Hannebury as some of us were expecting.

Speaking of money I've read no word yet on who will claim the NSW "ambassador" payment Goodes was on. My assumption was it was covertly promised to Franklin when Goodes retired as part of his deal.

$1.1 or $1.2m I think.

Interesting that there hasn't been more talk of players being squeezed out of Sydney given they lose the COLA next year. That said they've already lost Bird & Malceski but no big names like Kennedy or Hannebury as some of us were expecting.

Speaking of money I've read no word yet on who will claim the NSW "ambassador" payment Goodes was on. My assumption was it was covertly promised to Franklin when Goodes retired as part of his deal.
What interests me is not they haven't lost anyone who would be on big money but that despite the imminent big pinch that should occur with Buddy and others on big money contracts is that they have been able to sign up their other best players on big deals also. The excuse always being they've backended it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back