Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on a bit of a bourbon binge the last year and have ranked my top 7 so far based on drinkability and value for money. All drunk straight with a whiskey stone and 2 small ice cubes.

Buffalo Trace
Elijah Craig
Knob Creek
Booker's
Makers Mark
Gentleman Jack
Jack Daniel's 1907

Anyone have any other recommendations?

Me and a mate put mayonnaise and garlic sauce in my housemate's moisturiser about a week ago. He'd been rubbing it in all over his face and I was on the verge of bursting out in to laughter every time I watched him doing it. I got home from work last night and found he'd put the bottle in the bathroom and shoved my toothbrush in there. Do you think he's upset? Haven't seen him since Sunday so might have to avoid contact a little longer. (We also put holes in his condoms with a pin which I admit probably went a little bit too far but he found out about that earlier)

I've been on a bit of a bourbon binge the last year and have ranked my top 7 so far based on drinkability and value for money. All drunk straight with a whiskey stone and 2 small ice cubes.

Buffalo Trace
Elijah Craig
Knob Creek
Booker's
Makers Mark
Gentleman Jack
Jack Daniel's 1907

The last two are Tennessee Whiskeys. ;)

I hesitate to bring up the rightly reviled brand, but Jim Beam Devil's Cut is very decent for its price range, IMO. Very quaffable straight.

Me and a mate put mayonnaise and garlic sauce in my housemate's moisturiser about a week ago. He'd been rubbing it in all over his face and I was on the verge of bursting out in to laughter every time I watched him doing it. I got home from work last night and found he'd put the bottle in the bathroom and shoved my toothbrush in there. Do you think he's upset? Haven't seen him since Sunday so might have to avoid contact a little longer. (We also put holes in his condoms with a pin which I admit probably went a little bit too far but he found out about that earlier)

You know you are going to have to check every aspect of your life now, don't you?

The last two are Tennessee Whiskeys. ;)

Tennessee Whiskey is bourbon, isn't it? Or am I missing something?

I hesitate to bring up the rightly reviled brand, but Jim Beam Devil's Cut is very decent for its price range, IMO. Very quaffable straight.

Been wondering about that one.
Doesn't look like it would be good but I'll give it a go and abuse you if it's crap.

One I did try was Bulleit and it tasted like nail polish remover. Didn't like it at all.

Buffalo Trace
Elijah Craig
Knob Creek
Booker's
Makers Mark
Gentleman Jack
Jack Daniel's 1907

I can no longer drink any more, but I wish I could drink JD again...

Kinda. It's bourbon in the sense that it's made the same way, but it's not bourbon in the sense that its makers refuse to call it bourbon.

Been wondering about that one.
Doesn't look like it would be good but I'll give it a go and abuse you if it's crap.

One I did try was Bulleit and it tasted like nail polish remover. Didn't like it at all.
Bulleit is one of those cheap made mass produced whiskers made to look rustic by the bottle and label...avoid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he beats you into unconsciousness, could you please make note as you fall to the ground of whether the mayonnaise and garlic improved his skin texture?

When he beats you into unconsciousness, could you please make note as you fall to the ground of whether the mayonnaise and garlic improved his skin texture?
He kind of deserved it for using moisturiser.

He kind of deserved it for using moisturiser.
Not everyone can rely on the pickling effect of grain alchohol to keep them looking young.

Would now be a bad time to ask if I can lick his face?

Can't drink Bourbon, too sweet. Or is that just the cheap ones?

+1.

I much prefer scotch. Neat, mixed or otherwise.

Whenever there's a 'do at girlf's dad's place he always looks at me like I'm mad when he makes the switch from beer to JD and I tell him 'nah, I'm good'.

+1.

I much prefer scotch. Neat, mixed or otherwise.

Whenever there's a 'do at girlf's dad's place he always looks at me like I'm mad when he makes the switch from beer to JD and I tell him 'nah, I'm good'.
Or the scenario where you produce a bottle of scotch and the other bloke says "pfft scotch, only girls drink that!" as he tops up his nip with coke, then just after I chuck a bit of ice in my glass and raise it to my lips his eyes widen and "wow I can't believe you're drinking that straight!!!". I have an uncle exactly like that, been drinking beam and coke for 30 years and wonders why he has no teeth left.

Buffalo Trace
Elijah Craig
Knob Creek
Booker's
Makers Mark
Gentleman Jack
Jack Daniel's 1907

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit...

Not everyone can rely on the pickling effect of grain alchohol to keep them looking young.
I'm relying on the fact that I lived in the rain for the first 30 years of my life, I must have more than enough moisture for the next 30 stored up.

Or the scenario where you produce a bottle of scotch and the other bloke says "pfft scotch, only girls drink that!" as he tops up his nip with coke, then just after I chuck a bit of ice in my glass and raise it to my lips his eyes widen and "wow I can't believe you're drinking that straight!!!". I have an uncle exactly like that, been drinking beam and coke for 30 years and wonders why he has no teeth left.
I like bourbon and coke zero...the shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back