Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Adelaide Airport,

I can reluctantly handle your crap coffee and price gouge on everything.

But you can shove your glacially slow internet up your baggage chute!

Regards,

MP.

Dear Adelaide Airport,

I can reluctantly handle your crap coffee and price gouge on everything.

But you can shove your glacially slow internet up your baggage chute!

Regards,

MP.
You get what you pay for.

It's a good user friendly airport but the price gauging the internet and I'll give the toilet and shower facilities on the ground floor all deserve a serve.

Got Steam version of EU4 + all DLCs during the Black Friday specials. Awesome, awesome game,

Also got SimCity 2000 for free through EA 'on the house' sale. May still be available for free for those looking for some retro gaming.

I probably bought EU4 the same time, only put 50 hours into it so far

I was referring to free internet access. :)
They could do better. Not a Qantas member but I'm betting they get better speed on their connection. That airport is a seriously financial business they can provide better services.

Sorry Janus but when I see DA: Inquisition actually being recommended...I feel obligated to provide a contrary point of view there. It's a terrible game. Watched a complete LP in sick fascination at how bad virtually everything was in it. I wasn't expecting it to be great but I was hoping it would at least be not s**t so I could play it myself. Won't even bother pirating. All I can say positively about it is that the scenery looked nice.

Kudos to Forzaport , you got some taste with EU4 :thumbsu:

FWIW to any PC gamers here I'd recommend looking into the following from this year since they should be heavily discounted during the upcoming Steam sale (ppl with un-monocled taste can ignore):

Dark Souls II
Alien Isolation
Divinity: Original Sin
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
The Banner Saga
Xenonauts
The Long Dark

PS: if the Failout3 crowd want some post-apoc style shooters then look into the Metro series, or try STALKER SoC with the Autumn Aurora 2 mod. Its glorious.

They could do better. Not a Qantas member but I'm betting they get better speed on their connection. That airport is a seriously financial business they can provide better services.
The only time I've used the free Wi-Fi internet at Adelaide Airport (provided by Internode IIRC) is when I have flown Virgin for work and I was only checking emails so didn't really notice if it was good or not. I'm a Qantas Club member and the internet access is OK and the food and drink is included. :)

I was referring to free internet access. :)

I stopped relying on airport and hotel Wi-Fi. It's a crapshoot at best. Just whack some extra data on your phone for the trip and use it as a hotspot.

I stopped relying on airport and hotel Wi-Fi. It's a crapshoot at best. Just whack some extra data on your phone for the trip and use it as a hotspot.
That is what I do these days for private use. I don't use my personal phone for work use and the work phone I had was completely stupid, not just dumb, and although they paid for a data pack it was disabled. :rolleyes:

Success =/= Quality

True. But, see above.

o_O
Seriously? You fail to see the quality of the writing? Wow, that's the one indisputable aspect of it in my eyes.
The psalms are amazing poetry as is Ecclesiastes. Genesis is an absolute epic as is exodus...jeez we still make films of the same story these days.

I am not a Christian btw.

It's my first paradox game so I've been doing a lot of learning.

I got into them after advice in this thread about a year ago, with Crusader Kings II and Victoria II. I have over a hundred hours invested in Victoria II, good game but all Paradox games seem to have a steep learning curve which can take the 'fun' out of them.

Been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. Pretty good so far. Recommended.
I just got done playing Witcher 2 about a month ago after having it lay around for a year or two - what a game. I'm super excited for the third iteration and it dampened my hype for DA3. I still haven't picked it up and I'm super skeptical after seeing all the gameplay videos where they focus on the action style combat rather than tactical which I adored in the first game. It looks more like DA2 which is disappointing, and watching some dialogue videos on YouTube it looks a bit silly in the writing department a little bit too often.

I'll pick it up when it's 20 bucks just so I can be disappointed at it not being Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back