Autopsy The reason why you never became a sporting legend...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was showing minor promise as a cricket all-rounder. To further my ambitions I tended an excellent backyard turf wicket.

The dog then died.

Dad buried him in a shallow grave just short of a good length. The true bounce was no more: the ball either flew or grubbed off the hump.

What stopped you from being the sporting legend you were meant to be?

Short, stocky plodder with poor endurance and a dodgey left knee. Could kick a footy. That's it.

Cricket was more of a chance, but couldn't face the short ball off the big quicks. Instant X against your name.

Edit: Beers became way too tasty.

I've still got a chance

But I'm as tall as Jake Neade, even more skinny, not a long kick or a particularly good tackler or even find the ball allot.

To top it all off I'm a horrible forward, prefer playing a half back and how many 170cm half backs make the grade?

I'm ok at a few sports, I'm pretty fast. About 182 cm, 70kg. Half back or small forward is my postion for footy, can kick a good banana on the boundary 9/10 times but struggle to kick over 40 metres.
Always wondered why the Stevey j snap was such a big deal... I've been doing it since I was 10 can't believe it took AFL players that long to work it out.. If you slice the ball with a banana kick it goes through very easily..
I have shocking fitness.

Was showing minor promise as a cricket all-rounder. To further my ambitions I tended an excellent backyard turf wicket.

The dog then died.

Dad buried him in a shallow grave just short of a good length. The true bounce was no more: the ball either flew or grubbed off the hump.

What stopped you from being the sporting legend you were meant to be?
Wished we had met years ago. My brother ended up studying to be a vet so he dug up the old family pet, cleaned off the bones and put them all in a big paper bag under his bed. Dog skeleton to study whenever he needed.

Could have sent him around to yours and dug up that dog. Flat track restored, true bounce back. When you swatted a ton and took 5 for in the Boxing day test against the Poms I would have been screaming out "you never made it without me"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Penis induced scoliosis.

That and the enjoyments of (naughty) youth. Win a 400m heat in ridiculous shorts, shirt and shoes then not bother to contest in a final. Lazy, lazy boy.

Grandmother elite level hockey and tennis, dad A grade in all sports. The postman always rings twice.

Too short, couldn't kick... Had a brilliant handball, was an awesome tackler and I was as hard as cats head.

I sucked at footy but I was used as mini enforcer. True story.

Would have been a star if was a foot taller, could kick and mark, read the play, didn't smoke and cared less about vaginas..... Everything else I was good at. :drunk:

Yeah it was the un-coordination that made me doubt his ability to make it.
From memory he was a Peninsula boy. Maybe I played against you in school footy at some stage.

You ever kick seven goals on a guy who was giving you cheap shots all day?

You ever kick seven goals on a guy who was giving you cheap shots all day?
I did play full forward but I was more your Cloke type of forward. I may have kicked 1 goal 7 behinds but never 7 goals.
You remember that wog who played for Padua who was more interested in trying to act tough than play the game. That was me. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back