List Mgmt. Free agency/trade/draft discussion (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read inside footy and laughed the whole arvo"With grundy and richards soon to be gone, the swans will most(ahahaha) likely look at Nathan Brown from Collingwood. :straining::straining::straining::straining: XD, and apparently we're gonna trade rohan for Watts. AHAHAHAHAHA the inside football is hopeless!

To be fair, someone from inside footy probably read this board, saw one of vonn's posts frothing over Nathan Brown, put two and two together and got 26 :p

Rohan....seriously?, he loves the Swans. We've backed him through a horrible period in his life and 5 months ago while still struggling to regain his form we happily re-signed him until 2017.

We showed faith in him and he snapped up the deal.

This gun is staying in its holster!! :D

Rohan....seriously?, he loves the Swans. We've backed him through a horrible period in his life and 5 months ago while still struggling to regain his form we happily re-signed him until 2017.

We showed faith in him and he snapped up the deal.

This gun is staying in its holster!! :D

Yer agree 100%. Rohan is key part of this club going forward , super talented . This kid could be anything. He won't be going anywhere

Wondering what people thoughts are on Shaun Higgins , yes he is injury prone but his output has never equalled his talent, sounds like the right sort of player for the swans to work their magic...just not sure what role he could fill

Wondering what people thoughts are on Shaun Higgins , yes he is injury prone but his output has never equalled his talent, sounds like the right sort of player for the swans to work their magic...just not sure what role he could fill

Yes he is a good player but as you said yourself, there is no spot for him here. Sydney is only going to go after players that can either be a walk up start and add to the team or fill holes in depth. He is neither.

Would you give up 2 Draft Picks for Issac Heeney.

The AFL are working on something that means you might have to give up your 1st Round Pick + Another.

In the Herald Sun

Probably not, we should wait the two or three years and offer his club pick 95 when he wants to return 'home'.

This whole business of one player being worth more than one pick in a so called equalised competition smacks of backwards logic to me. It's either open slather and the academies are fully funded by the AFL with no club infrastructure utilised or it's just something the comp has to live with. This is the first year of a new bidding process for the academies, seems unusual it could be chopped (as it's unfair) before we've even seen the results.

Anyway, if 2 or 3 picks is the requirement for Heeney? Who decides what picks? Would those picks be judged on ours or earlier bidders needs? Hell, maybe that decision committee should decide the whole draft to save all the clubs some recruiting costs? Could that system be used for strategic benefit, ie over bid to knock us out of a future round? What does that mean for squad numbers?? Are we then able to draft less players? It's totally unworkable in my mind, especially for this year

Would love to see what happens if we have to give up multiples next year.... Dunkley and Mills for our first 6 picks? Or maybe just 5 and 1 rookie pick?

Talia still finding it to break into the WB Team and playing well in the VFL

Good pick up! I know a lot of people are talking about the prospect of us getting Frawley (not totally against this if the price is right), but our trading strategy apart from Franklin and Tippett has been to look for players who weren't getting a game at their current club. There's nothing to suggest that this has changed, with us picking up Derickx and Laidler last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super sub!
I've been thinking about it and if mal leaves this year, shaw will likely leave next year, we will be left with rampe, AJ, Biggs , Laidler and jones to play mal and shaw's roles. All are good defender and are capable of playing the roles, none are what you would call elite users of the ball. Mal and shaw are more exit routes of the backline than defenders. Higgins is a very talented and excellent user of the footy. He could come in and be our designated kick out of 50 much the same as mal is now.

Of coarse the price would have to be right but surely he is worth looking at

I've been thinking about it and if mal leaves this year, shaw will likely leave next year, we will be left with rampe, AJ, Biggs , Laidler and jones to play mal and shaw's roles. All are good defender and are capable of playing the roles, none are what you would call elite users of the ball. Mal and shaw are more exit routes of the backline than defenders. Higgins is a very talented and excellent user of the footy. He could come in and be our designated kick out of 50 much the same as mal is now.

Of coarse the price would have to be right but surely he is worth looking at
Surely one of Rohan Jones Biggs Dick could step up?

If Mal does go, then we're better off getting the cap space and FA compo rather than getting Higgins.

Superfooty podcast (yeah, i now... i was bored) confidently predicting a "Sydney midfielder" going to Carlton next year.

Not Hanners, Parker, Jack, Jetta, Kennedy. They said "a better player than Jetta".

Smells like Mitchell given the rumours which have been floating about? At present, Carlton have pick 6. Mitchell and Membrey?

Superfooty podcast (yeah, i now... i was bored) confidently predicting a "Sydney midfielder" going to Carlton next year.

Not Hanners, Parker, Jack, Jetta, Kennedy. They said "a better player than Jetta".

Smells like Mitchell given the rumours which have been floating about? At present, Carlton have pick 6. Mitchell and Membrey?

I would baulk at packaging them both for pick 6.

I would baulk at packaging them both for pick 6.
Yeah, i think so too, but then Membrey was pick 47 and hasn't played a senior game. If he goes, we're not getting that much. He'd be steak knives on the Mitchell trade.

Not much point moving higher in the draft as we would have to use that pick on Heeney anyway.
No, bidding is done before trades, so our first (18ish?) and third (depending on the changes to F/S) might be tied up in Heeney, but if we traded for 6, we'd be able to use it normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back