List Mgmt. Free agency/trade/draft discussion (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but we'd have to give up a parker or hannerbury or a mitchell plus steak knives. So basically yes id love a top two pick but it aint gonna happen without giving up something of significance I dont want to give up. It will go to GWS. They have heaps of talent theyd be happy to give up for another early first rounder. Cos thats what they need and all.

Mitchell isn't leaving, Reid isn't leaving, or any other Swans players halfwit Melbourne journos hit on the dart board, only Mal seems likely.

Pick 1 or pick 2 or anything else is going to do diddly squat to our chances of success during our 2-3yr window.

IF we need to trade we do it for a already made AFL player not some skinny 17yr old.

Always the possibility of an on trade. Just saying :p

If anything we want seasoned guns coming in or experienced role players, our list will be chocked full of young talent over the next 2 years without pick 2.

Went on the hawks board for a laugh, and gee did I find one.

Geez Swans players get overated. Without Buddy they wouldn't be in the top 4.

Just as an example, Sam Grimley averages 3 more posessions and 2 marks a game more than Sam Reid with the same amount of goals per game. Only Reid has played 72 games to achieve less than Grimley has in 3. Yet one is getting delisted while the other earns 500k a year and is supposed worth pick 2.

Meanwhile Mitch Hallahan avergaes 9 more posessions, more tackles, more marks, more I50s, equal in goals per game and 5 times as many assists as Gary Rohan, again in much less games and hes also not up to it, while any team would love to have Rohan.

Dont even get me started on Tom Mitchell.

Am I missing something ?

Just as an example, Sam Grimley averages 3 more posessions and 2 marks a game more than Sam Reid with the same amount of goals per game. Only Reid has played 72 games to achieve less than Grimley has in 3. Yet one is getting delisted while the other earns 500k a year and is supposed worth pick 2.

Meanwhile Mitch Hallahan avergaes 9 more posessions, more tackles, more marks, more I50s, equal in goals per game and 5 times as many assists as Gary Rohan, again in much less games and hes also not up to it, while any team would love to have Rohan.

Am I missing something ?
Sydney wouldn't be in the top 4 without Franklin - possibly. Won 2-3 games off his own boot, which is the gap between us and 5th. I'd say we definitely lose the first Port game without him, I'll let others argue the rest, but the point has some credibility.

Sam Reid is a better player than Sam Grimley but the point about him being paid too much for his current output is correct. Is he worth pick 2? Not sure which of our fans have been saying that but it seems a weak argument. Post might have a bit of credibility if he didn't drag Grimley into it.

Mitch Hallahan is a good player and has torn it up in the VFL, but he's a very different player to Rohan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney wouldn't be in the top 4 without Franklin - possibly. Won 2-3 games off his own boot, which is the gap between us and 5th. I'd say we definitely lose the first Port game without him, I'll let others argue the rest, but the point has some credibility.

Sam Reid is a better player than Sam Grimley but the point about him being paid too much for his current output is correct. Is he worth pick 2? Not sure which of our fans have been saying that but it seems a weak argument. Post might have a bit of credibility if he didn't drag Grimley into it.

Mitch Hallahan is a good player and has torn it up in the VFL, but he's a very different player to Rohan.

Reid is easily a better player then grimley, yes his getting paid to much, can't blame him for the role he plays.

Hallahan and Rohan totally different players. Probably you could compare him to Mitchell, but he has hardly put any games together.

Yeah franklin has and he has cost us against the hawks aswell if only he could kick straight.

The way they rate our players on there board you could tell they really have it out for us.

Meh. The usual sliding door rubbish.

If we don't have Franklin, then maybe Mumford is still running around in the ruck instead of Derickx, and we win rounds 1,3 and 4. How many goals difference does Mummy make? Maybe Membrey comes in and while not as good, does enough and we still win those games.

We managed ok in 2012 and 2013 without Franklin. I'm sure we'd still be up top, or at least near it.

What replicant said its utterly utterly impossible to predict where our season would be without Franklin.

Do we get Laidler and Derickx? does White stay? does Everitt stay? Reid becomes the focus upforward with Tippo and has a breakout year?

Like you can run hundreds of simulations and each time get a different outcome, im glad we have Buddy tho :D:p:D

I see that St Kilda are looking at a list culling, as well as Melbourne. Might be a lot of VFL/SANFL/WAFL/NEAFL guys managers getting a call. If St Kilda lost 8, and Melbourne similar, that's a lot of guys to pick up in the PSD.

Am I missing something ?
Imagine how stuffed we would be without those other ex hawks McGlynn and Kennedy?

Lets recruit Ceglar and next year it can be.......

Ceglar wins the tap, Kennedy extracts it to McGlynn who hits Buddy who swings onto the left and nails it from 55m.

Comedy gold for us. Nightmare for butt hurting Hawks fans.

Lesson: ignore bitter and jealous morons on hawks board.

I think Wright would be a good pickup. We do not need a player like that right now but give him 2 or 3 years to develop and he would be a great replacement for Tippett.

I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to train Nankervis up for that role. it's a stretch but our club loves a challenge when it comes to development.

If we're that high up the picks I think we'll be going for Durdin

I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to train Nankervis up for that role. it's a stretch but our club loves a challenge when it comes to development.

If we're that high up the picks I think we'll be going for Durdin

Need a pick in the top 5 to pull Durdin. Would like him but would cost a bit too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back