List Mgmt. Free agency/trade/draft discussion (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
would love to sign mullett from the roos if we lose mal, great kick, young and a ripping last name. doubt roos would give him up though

only if we also get ivan from the tigers, then it would be the mullet tapping it down mullets gullet. would be a maric made in heaven.

c wat i did there?

Not sure if we have a spot for him considering our midfield depth, but pokinghorne strikes me as a player that could turn himself around at a second club
definitely not required at Sydney.

So Lloyd thinks Frawley has a 5 year, $500k offer from the cats.

Sounds more like his market rate it if we wanted to make a play.

So Lloyd thinks Frawley has a 5 year, $500k offer from the cats.

Sounds more like his market rate it if we wanted to make a play.

Would not want to pay 500 for him. We should put an offer of say 350-400 and tell him we won't pay the most but you will be getting everything that Melbourne could not provide you. Great culture and a successful club with a list that promises to be competitive for the next 10 years

Would not want to pay 500 for him. We should put an offer of say 350-400 and tell him we won't pay the most but you will be getting everything that Melbourne could not provide you. Great culture and a successful club with a list that promises to be competitive for the next 10 years

Hmmm, who taught you to negotiate?

He could get all that AND the pay cheque at Geelong. I would say, "come to the Swans, you won't have to play on Buddy or Tippett."

Geelong/Sydney/Hawthorn could stay up indefinitely with FA which i think will be a worry for the league, bottom 6 clubs will be the feeders.
Thats because FA sucks. When one of your guns gets old or is about to move, you pick up a younger gun from a little team. Honestly, the salary cap and draft picks are enough for equalisation.

Geelong/Sydney/Hawthorn could stay up indefinitely with FA which i think will be a worry for the league, bottom 6 clubs will be the feeders.

A lot of mid and lower tier clubs have been active so far. But the results have been pretty mixed. If the Lions land Beams that would be an epic coup as it would effectively be the first premium player going to a cellar dweller.

But if you look at the majority of FA "name" trades (Goddard, Dal Santo, Betts, Daisy, Pearce, Buddy etc) they were all mostly to teams just outside the 8 or well within their Premiership window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of mid and lower tier clubs have been active so far. But the results have been pretty mixed. If the Lions land Beams that would be an epic coup as it would effectively be the first premium player going to a cellar dweller.

But if you look at the majority of FA "name" trades (Goddard, Dal Santo, Betts, Daisy, Pearce, Buddy etc) they were all mostly to teams just outside the 8 or well within their Premiership window.
Which is the problem. If that keeps happening eventually teams like melbourne and st.kilda wont move up cause they cant get big players and their future stars move so they can win flags

FA was never about what is good for the comp or individual clubs. It was always about the players.

I think clubs on the bottom of the ladder will struggle regardless of FA. FA is just another mechanism reinforcing the status quo. Players have always outgrown their clubs. In the past players left when their contracts ended all the time. It's natural to want to maximise your income from a shortening career lifespan.

The one saving grace is that it appears clear that clubs on top of the ladder are major targets for poaching clubs. We've got some sharks circling us currently. The pies have lost Daisy, and now Beams is making noises about wanting out. Buddy and Xavier Ellis left the Hawks.

The circus goes on....

Mitch Robinson officially on trade table.Could we use him/ take the di## head out of him or is he a lost cause ??

His on field behaviour. His off field behaviour. Both poor. Then lied to his club. Hardly covered himself in glory this year.

Yes, we would definitely pick him up cheap, I'm not sure I would take the chance on his influence being a positive or beneficial one in our NEAFL team, full of young impressionable players.

Of the highest order, he's an interesting player, capable of playing very good football , and plays as hard as any one in the league. If he pulled his head in, he could make a decent afl player of himself
Yeah I agree, his disposal has been his Achilles heel this far, if he brushed that up then well who knows.

Mitch Robinson officially on trade table.

Could we use him/ take the di## head out of him or is he a lost cause ??

I think he is a player with the skills we could turn around. Great tackler, has shown he can play team rolls. I really want to go after him. He is someone I would be willing to part with our second rounder.

Maybe even a player swap.

I want this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back