UFC 183 - Anderson Silva v Nick Diaz

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahahahaha Anderson Silva Hahahahaha, knew he was a s**t bloke...

Anderson Silva* Whenever i read his name from now on.

What's happening to MMA... seems many fighters are failing tests for steroids, I'd say that MMA has more steroids than Pro wrestling right now. ( not previously, but right now )

But i doubt there will be as many negative reports in the media about this as pro wrestling.

Edit: Also, whats the punishment for failing a test for pot, $5,000 fine?

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha Anderson Silva Hahahahaha, knew he was a s**t bloke...

Anderson Silva* Whenever i read his name from now on.
"I didn't have the choice. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. The UFC is the big show for the fans. Sometimes I win, sometimes I no win. It was accident, I no speak good english so no read the bottle. Thank you. Thank you. It was no me, it was the chael...the chael sonnen!"

That is bullshit. How do you fail a test On Jan 9 and still get to fight?! It's a high profile fighter so that would get rushed through quick smart and you wouldn't wait that long to test it.
I'd also like to hear what Dana White has to say about Anderson Silva being allowed to fight, I bet he'll be fighting again before the end of the year. :rolleyes:

I'd also like to hear what Dana White has to say about Anderson Silva being allowed to fight, I bet he'll be fighting again before the end of the year. :rolleyes:
Yeah there will be some sort of spin. To do with his leg or something. It should be as simple as you do a pre-fight drug test. You fail the fights off and you get suspended. It's all about the $$$$
For half of them it's not even a slap on the wrist because they might be injured for the year or not want to fight.

Yeah there will be some sort of spin. To do with his leg or something. It should be as simple as you do a pre-fight drug test. You fail the fights off and you get suspended. It's all about the $$$$
For half of them it's not even a slap on the wrist because they might be injured for the year or not want to fight.
It's only a three month ban for testing positive for steroids? Which is silly because i doubt many people have two fights inside three months anyway..

( happy to be corrected if wrong )

I hope this doesn't tarnish Silva's legacy as I think that morally he had every right to be taking steroids to give him the best chance at successfully recovering from that horrific injury. The reality is that at least 80% of middleweights>heavyweights would cycle steroids, not just for it's benefits in building muscle but also for it's benefits in helping the body recover at a quicker rate. You forget how gruelling the sport is and how taxing it would be to the body to be eating hard body shots during training and also on fight night.

Silva is the greatest entertainer that the sport has ever seen and if he needed to run the gauntlet to give himself the best chance of recovering successfully and returning to the cage to entertain the fans, then so be it. Just because guys don't have telltale physiques like Overeem, doesn't mean that they aren't using steroids for other purposes. You'd be surprised at how many of the fighters that you naively look at with rose coloured glasses are guilty of using.

The UFC just turn a blind eye to it during training camps in the lead up to fights but expect that the fighters will be clean for pre and post-fight drugs tests so they are able to portray a squeaky clean image to the public. Obviously, sometimes fighters miscalculate, or whatever, and get caught with excessive amounts, but I guarantee that pretty much all the top guys are guilty of using during their training camps.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just opinion no need to make insults, is cheating ok?

They all do it, though. I find it hilarious that you are so naive that you think that it's only a small amount of fighters that do it and you're persecuting one guy who is responsible for building the sport to where it is. It's not really cheating if pretty much everyone is doing it, it's like an unwritten rule that they all do it during their training camps.

Just because a fighter hasn't been caught doesn't mean that they aren't guilty of doing it. Look at how many times someone like Overeem has been busted - once. It's pretty obvious that he's been doing it all throughout his career but he's been able to evade being caught during all the other tests due to diligent management of his usage. The same applies with the majority of all the other guys.

They all do it, though. I find it hilarious that you are so naive that you think that it's only a small amount of fighters that do it and you're persecuting one guy who is responsible for building the sport to where it is. It's not really cheating if pretty much everyone is doing it, it's like an unwritten rule that they all do it during their training camps.

Just because a fighter hasn't been caught doesn't mean that they aren't guilty of doing it. Look at how many times someone like Overeem has been busted - once. It's pretty obvious that he's been doing it all throughout his career but he's been able to evade being caught during all the other tests due to diligent management of his usage. The same applies with the majority of all the other guys.
I don't think it's a small amount of fighters using steroids, I stated in previous posts today that I think the entire sport in general may have more steroids than professional wrestling today, but the media doesn't like to bash MMA as much as Pro wrestling.

I can't judge people that haven't been caught, because there isn't evidence that proves they're drugs cheats.

I hope this doesn't tarnish Silva's legacy as I think that morally he had every right to be taking steroids to give him the best chance at successfully recovering from that horrific injury. The reality is that at least 80% of middleweights>heavyweights would cycle steroids, not just for it's benefits in building muscle but also for it's benefits in helping the body recover at a quicker rate. You forget how gruelling the sport is and how taxing it would be to the body to be eating hard body shots during training and also on fight night.

Silva is the greatest entertainer that the sport has ever seen and if he needed to run the gauntlet to give himself the best chance of recovering successfully and returning to the cage to entertain the fans, then so be it. Just because guys don't have telltale physiques like Overeem, doesn't mean that they aren't using steroids for other purposes. You'd be surprised at how many of the fighters that you naively look at with rose coloured glasses are guilty of using.

The UFC just turn a blind eye to it during training camps in the lead up to fights but expect that the fighters will be clean for pre and post-fight drugs tests so they are able to portray a squeaky clean image to the public. Obviously, sometimes fighters miscalculate, or whatever, and get caught with excessive amounts, but I guarantee that pretty much all the top guys are guilty of using during their training camps.

So because he was injured and he is an entertainer he is allowed to do steroids? Sorry mate, no. Your other argument of "they all do it" doesn't hold any weight either, your innocent until proven guilty, now maybe Silva gets off on appeal or they botched his test or whatever, and if so i will eat my words, but until then he is a drug cheat and it absolutely will tarnish his legacy. I agree with most others here, the fight should have been cancelled (if Nick had been seriously injured in the fight it would have been interesting, he could have sued and i dont think the UFC would have had a leg to stand on for "due care").

At first I went wtf Silva tested positive for steroids. Then I thought, well, is that really a surprise given that he's coming back this quick from a terrible leg break? Nope. Or he could have been on them his whole career. Who knows? It sucks.

These Silva mother*ers, Wanderlei and Anderson, should have retired before making themselves look this terrible.

Don't give a s**t about Diaz failing for pot. Maybe if he was on cocaine instead, that s**t would have been out of his system come fight night.

MMA fans who get angry at fighters getting injured a lot (Cain, Aldo, Pettis, etc.) and angry at drug cheats need to pick a side. Without the drugs there's going to be more injuries and with them there'll be less. The training to become an elite MMA fighter is crazy. I don't think I've posted about being angry at injury prone fighters because I realise injuries happen, especially if you're not on drugs.

Edit: Lol, mothergooses. You all know what I mean.

Some shady going on's at the NSAC, Silva failed his test three weeks before the fight and they only get the results once the fight has taken place? More likely the results were withheld until after the fight so everyone still got paid, NSAC made over $200k from the fines. And im sure the Fertitta's had a hand in that.

The UFC is a joke, GSP was right to take a stand and im willing to bet even he took PED's at one stage of his career.

Yeah, I can't believe that the pre-fight drug test results came in after the fight. The results that were needed quickly (pre-fight) took almost a month to get and the results that weren't needed as quickly (post-fight) took a few days.

It doesn't really matter. The commission probably wouldn't even look at the results until after the fight. Because money, that's why.

The UFC knew about Jones' cocaine test before the fight and nobody even informed him. Wouldn't be surprised if they knew about this too.

So because he was injured and he is an entertainer he is allowed to do steroids? Sorry mate, no. Your other argument of "they all do it" doesn't hold any weight either, your innocent until proven guilty, now maybe Silva gets off on appeal or they botched his test or whatever, and if so i will eat my words, but until then he is a drug cheat and it absolutely will tarnish his legacy. I agree with most others here, the fight should have been cancelled (if Nick had been seriously injured in the fight it would have been interesting, he could have sued and i dont think the UFC would have had a leg to stand on for "due care").
agree 100%

If you need to take steroids to recover than get smarter about your training. Dial back the intense sparring and look at recovery a bit more. "they all do it" is a crock of s**t. The testing needs to be stricter. You fail...you don't fight = no money. It's as simple as that.

That's fine, you believe what you want with your "innocent until proven guilty" mantra.

In an ideal world none of the fighters would use PED's and everyone would be on a level playing field. But, the reality is, is that there is a loophole there that fighters can (and do) exploit as the UFC can't monetarily afford to vigilantly test people when they're out of competition or in training camps.

You can believe what you want, but there is a myriad of information on google if you search "UFC PED's" on the estimated percentage of fighters using PED's in the UFC. PED's allow the fighters to fight more regularly and at a higher level which as a spectator I am content with.

I just want to see a fight, I don't really care about the integrity of the sport as I know that the majority of them are all guilty of doing the same things and giving themselves the same advantages. I have come to accept that professional MMA is not the perfectly fair and ethical sport that I might have once believed.

You can blindly cheer on your favourite fighters every time they fight but you have no right to be disappointed or disillusioned when they test positive in the future. The information is available for all and sundry and it is far from a big secret what the fighters get up to.

If it wasn't for Anderson I don't even know if I would like MMA. He has brought so much to the sport with his 16 fight win streak; his highlight reel knockouts; his Houdini performance against Sonnen; and the unwittingly humorous interviews that he attempts to conduct in English.

#9 Middleweight Tim Kennedy: "Are we talking 60 or 70 percent? I really believe it’s somewhere in that range of fighters that are using."
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/new...eve-around-60-70-of-UFC-fighters-are-on-PEDs/

#10 Welterweight Dong Hyun Kim: "But I am one of those "idiots" that don't use performance enhancers. I would say 90% of UFC fighters use performance enhancers."
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/...tun-gun-kim-90-percent-fighters-peds-steroids

Former UFC fighter Mark Bocek: "We can only speculate, we can’t put a number on it, but maybe someone like me can go further into this area than your average Joe," he said. "Maybe 90% sounds about right. You could say that, yeah."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/1...r-of-ped-users-in-mma-90-percent-sounds-about

Former UFC fighter Krzysztof Soszynki: "I would definitely say somewhere in the percentage of 85 percent of guys are definitely using, especially the guys who can afford it are definitely using," said Soszynski. "I would even go as high as 95 to 96 percent of the top level athletes that are definitely using it. You can clearly see it."
http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/fig...rcent-of-athletes-are-definitely-usings-peds/

These are all comments from fighters who are/ were involved in training camps with lots of different fighters. They know what's up. Get your head out of the sand.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back