Vic Victorian Election 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

At what point do we investigate whether these idiots are trying to tank?

It's... almost like Labor have balled multiple no balls, and every free hit they've somehow managed to run themselves out.
Beyond stupid. Just absolutey crazy

Luke Donnellan, Robin Scott, Marlene Kairouz & Frank McGuire all disendorsed by ALP, Nazih Elamar and Cesar Melham dropped to unwinnable spots on upper house tickets.

Luke Donnellan, Robin Scott, Marlene Kairouz & Frank McGuire all disendorsed by ALP, Nazih Elamar and Cesar Melham dropped to unwinnable spots on upper house tickets.
Eddie McGuire won't be too happy to see his brother Frank disendorsed by the ALP. Could Frank McGuire join the Liberals?

Needs find a faction that works for him (Frank) ....

Will all the losers go quietly into oblivion ? Why would they?

I'll believe it when I see it regarding NOT going quietly into the night. Somyurek is the loudest of the "scorned" at the moment, and he's barely landed a punch (his intervention ended up getting the Pandemic Bill amended). Most remain loyal to the organisation that provided them with an opportunity to become an MP. Libs are much more likely to throw the toys out of the cot (partly because it is a party of individuals that celebrates individual freedom - people going off on their own after the party disendorses them is a side-effect of that).

I'll believe it when I see it regarding NOT going quietly into the night. Somyurek is the loudest of the "scorned" at the moment, and he's barely landed a punch (his intervention ended up getting the Pandemic Bill amended). Most remain loyal to the organisation that provided them with an opportunity to become an MP. Libs are much more likely to throw the toys out of the cot (partly because it is a party of individuals that celebrates individual freedom - people going off on their own after the party disendorses them is a side-effect of that).
Like Ms Hanson :D

The Liberals must be privately wondering whether Matthew Guy is really the right option to lead the Coalition into next year's state election after his press conference earlier today.

And with Michael O'Brien winning his preselection last weekend, suddenly Guy could be in trouble, because O'Brien might start thinking about launching a leadership challenge to get his old job back.

Surely the Liberals might look at convincing Peter Costello about making a political comeback in order to take the fight up to Daniel Andrews in the run up to the 2022 state election. What other options do the Liberals have if they were to have any chance of pulling off a miracle win in November 2022?

The Liberals must be privately wondering whether Matthew Guy is really the right option to lead the Coalition into next year's state election after his press conference earlier today.

And with Michael O'Brien winning his preselection last weekend, suddenly Guy could be in trouble, because O'Brien might start thinking about launching a leadership challenge to get his old job back.

Surely the Liberals might look at convincing Peter Costello about making a political comeback in order to take the fight up to Daniel Andrews in the run up to the 2022 state election. What other options do the Liberals have if they were to have any chance of pulling off a miracle win in November 2022?

None of this analysis has any basis in fact. Michael O'Brien isn't interested in challenging, Peter Costello is over a decade removed from politics and has no interest in returning to that sphere, and either way Matthew Guy isn't going anywhere.

None of this analysis has any basis in fact. Michael O'Brien isn't interested in challenging, Peter Costello is over a decade removed from politics and has no interest in returning to that sphere, and either way Matthew Guy isn't going anywhere.
If O'Brien decided to challenge again and won, the Vic Libs might as well fold.

Jascave presents some weird scenarios

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm reserving commentary on the type of swing at the next state election until after the Federal election.

ALP will still win state, but the Federal result might have some bearing. If the LNP win, I expect Victoria will swing further ALP at state level.

He's not going to challenge again. He lost a leadership ballot in 2014 and then dutifully performed his shadow ministerial role for four years without any destabilisation. There is no evidence he would do anything differently this time.

That a never been like Costello could even be considered by anyone gives you an idea of the state of the Vic Libs, a bunch kindergarten level intellects combined with off the scale levels of entitlement. It won't be long until Tim Smith's parliamentary career will be looked back upon fondly upon as the good old days.

Cesar is an interesting one, I know anti-Labor types who think he's a good guy.
I suspect he probably ends up in local council. Seems a career-type

this

obrien isnt an abbott or dutton who is waiting for his time to strike. nothing in his career has shown he has that type of ego.

I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but at the same I think the reality that exists in his skull is not the same one we all live in.

at least not until after the election anyway. Which is about as much security as any political leader gets tbh

What are the chances of the federal Liberals completely stuffing up its Victorian counterparts again and denying them the chance to win the Victorian election like they did in 2018?

If the Coalition wins the Victorian election next November, expect to see them move Brett Sutton and Jereon Weimar on, in other words, to be told their services will no longer be required.

If the Coalition wins the Victorian election next November, expect to see them move Brett Sutton and Jereon Weimar on, in other words, to be told their services will no longer be required.

source?

11 months to go to the election and still Andrews hasn't resigned and handed over the Leadership to the next in line

You know like we were told would happen 12 months out from the election

Remove this Banner Ad

Back