Will Langford - Have I been living under a rock?

Remove this Banner Ad

So another Richard Vandenberg then.
Let's hope so. The legacy he left at Hawthorn is still spoken about glowingly by Clarkson and the HFC administration.

Yeah I certainly don't see either becoming A Grade. They will still have Lewis getting most of the attention though and now we just need Jed to come on next year and to find an A grade centre square mid to help Lewis out. Danger anyone?
Jed Anderson? What happened it him? Hawthorn supporters were labeling him and Langford as All Australian contenders at the start of the year...

Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks fit Danger in their infinite salary cap.

Last edited:

See other posts on Shiels. What makes him a gun? I think he's good, but not a gun by any stretch.

Depends on what you define as a 'gun'. I love Shiels but he is definitely not at the elite level of the top mids (e.g. Mitchell, Pendles, Selwood, Ablett, etc). He is a very important cog in our engine room that's what makes him a gun in my mind. He is not likely to have 10 contested possessions in the last quarter and kick 2 goals to win the game ala the elite mids I mentioned. But that still doesn't mean he isn't critical and a 'gun' in Hawthorn fans' minds.

Jed Anderson? What happened it him? Hawthorn supporters were labeling him and Langford as All Australian contenders at the start of the year...

Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks fit Danger in their infinite salary cap.

Lol, no one was talking up either of those lads as AA. With Anderson he didn't do enough at senior level to keep his spot in the limited game time he had at the start of the year. Had an injury set back or two and some big performances at VFL level but I don't think he had the consistency to get a call up in a side that was on a roll in the second half of the season. All up played 13 games for Box Hill, kicking 21 goals and was listed in the best about half a dozen times. Solid form but not enough to bust down the door.

Hopefully he can put in some work over the off-season and give 2016 a crack.

Disposal and decision making is horrible. A poor mans Scott Selwood.

A poor man's SS would not be playing AFL. There isn't enough talent there to roll out a poor man's version in the AFL.

Lot of clowns in this thread who wouldn't have a clue that he's been injured this year, and hasn't strung games together.

Has obvious deficiencies. Also has obvious talent.

Wonder how he'll look in 12 months time with continuity and development, might be a few foot in mouth types conveniently forgetting what they've written here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back