WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So spotty are crying about 19 men on the field? Allegedly, for 30 seconds, didnt touch the footy, yeah reverse the result. Maybe they have bigger problems??? When big ray ray was sent off a spotty player turned to his albion opponent and said "and that **** is supposed to be our captain" and what of the drunken spotty supporter charging up to the umpires at 3/4 time roaring obscenities and making threats, ushered off the field by the men in blue........classy. Give us all a break spotswood, for 30 years you have had a dream run with the umpires, for 30 years you have spent more than anyone else to win flags, maybe, just maybe, cop the loss, try win next week, and stop crying over 30 second slip ups!

PS...hopefully colts win today, and knock you off next week, or they go old school and give you the clipping you all deserve!

Wonder how long this post will last before they complain and have it removed???

And another thing, the league deserves a flogging for using that ground. No atmosphere, average playing surface, over priced refreshments, disgusting toilets, and who gives the right for security guards to search vehicles???

I understand the Spotswood captain/coach (O'Keefe) alerted the Umpires re the extra player when he was still on the ground but the umpires chose to ignore it.

Not from where I was standing (next to the Albion box), the goal was scorer the umpires went back to centre and then heard the nosie from the Spotswood bench, it was so windy umpires looked around and saw the spotty bench but in all honesty i think they thought the Spotswood were yelling at there players to get in certain position on the field.

The wind was terrible it was even hard to hear the siren.

Spotswood should not be too concerned they out ran Albion in the last quarter, and I think on the bigger ground of Chirnside they will out run Albion in GF (assuming they make it), Spotswood seemed to be fitter and quicker.

both divisions are a joke deer park are home and so are spotswood .............at least its nearly cricket season....

Albion had an extra player on for 3 quarters Ray Jenson (Captain Cornflake) Biggest load of rubbish I have heard in years, stood behind Albions bench and nothing like that happened (More sour grapes from Spotty - No Suprise from those who have dealt with them)
First WRFL game I have watched all year, and what a show the competition put on - Croft's Reserve???? for 1 VS 2 all year played on a cow paddock was nothing short of embarrassing. Feel so happy I will be back in Perth for the rest of the Finals. WRFL hang your head in shame. P.S. Well done to the Hoppers twos great win in a real nail biter.[/QUOTE

Spotswood should not be too concerned they out ran Albion in the last quarter, and I think on the bigger ground of Chirnside they will out run Albion in GF (assuming they make it), Spotswood seemed to be fitter and quicker.

The only time spotty has beaten albion is on the small ground at albion, so that means albion has won its last 4 games against spotty on 3 grounds all far bigger than parsons res. If you dont know what im talking about the grounds were chirnside twice in last years finals, once at Spotswood this year and again at the Altona tip on saturday. So you saying spotty are home because of the bigger ground is just rubbish. Im sure if spotty make the GF the game will be close again with hopefully albion winning. Albion need to stop O'Keefe has he has done in the past in GFs he can win the game off his own boot. Maybe a bullet is only way!!

Spotty to bet Altona easy by 10 goals

Albion to win by 15pts with Donny Bloomfield getting his 100 and the best on ground medal

I've got to say I was really looking forward to watching the Albion/spotty game but after arriving could barely stay and watch our 2s get a great win! What an absolute shitful ground to play WRFL finals, why on earth the game wasn't at Yarraville or Parkside is beyond me... It is just a rubbish ground to watch footy from, surely the AFL don't pay any full time wages to the blokes running the league?

Still think Spotty will get the bickies, they remind me of there side in 09 when we rolled them in the 1st final and they came back to touch Colts up in GF. They will beat Altona by 12 goals.

I've got to say I was really looking forward to watching the Albion/spotty game but after arriving could barely stay and watch our 2s get a great win! What an absolute shitful ground to play WRFL finals, why on earth the game wasn't at Yarraville or Parkside is beyond me... It is just a rubbish ground to watch footy from, surely the AFL don't pay any full time wages to the blokes running the league?

Still think Spotty will get the bickies, they remind me of there side in 09 when we rolled them in the 1st final and they came back to touch Colts up in GF. They will beat Altona by 12 goals.

Without dobt the story of the year must be Sunshine. All the hype surrounding this club from early pre-season, and most of it warranted with the new recruits, only to end up the laughing stock of the competition takes the cake for me.
And what about our old friend Tocka, hope he earnt his $$$'s coaching the u/18's this year. No wonder that club has gone backwards

Bangfrom50 - Fair point as Sunshine did not deliver and everyone was disappointed with where we finished. I tipped us too finish on top but unfortunately it was not to be.

Your ill-informed comment about Tocka is poor form, he must also be the highest paid Under 12's coach (Yes he coached 18's & 12's). Seven Under 18 kids played 1st Eleven football this year at Sunshine, three more were exposed to reserves and three in total have played in reserves finals footy with us playing again this week. He is not there to coach Under 18's premierships when we have now has them up and running for a third season.

Where did your club end up?:rolleyes:

Big jason Cloke was out with some albion boys saturday night, not hiding the fact his thumb is broken and no good, didnt train last night, wonder if Altona will find a way to use that to their advantage?????

Is Altona any chance this week to cause an upset against Spotty?

Altona are a much better side with their Williamstown listed players actually playing... And with the Bulldogs season over, I think Williamstown will be overloaded with Doggies players, keeping the Altona/Willy boys at Altona.

If Altona field their strongest possible side I think it will be a lot closer then the 15 goal margin of the first Final...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bangfrom50 - Fair point as Sunshine did not deliver and everyone was disappointed with where we finished. I tipped us too finish on top but unfortunately it was not to be.

Your ill-informed comment about Tocka is poor form, he must also be the highest paid Under 12's coach (Yes he coached 18's & 12's). Seven Under 18 kids played 1st Eleven football this year at Sunshine, three more were exposed to reserves and three in total have played in reserves finals footy with us playing again this week. He is not there to coach Under 18's premierships when we have now has them up and running for a third season.

Where did your club end up?:rolleyes:

They may have been up and running but not even close to winning. Is there a problem at Sunshine retaining juniors as alot of talented juniors have jumped ship of late.

hey guys
just wondering if any of the teams from the wrfl would consider a move to the edfl with division 3 forming next year. for those of you who dont know how it will work. the start of the season all the teams in division 2 and teams that have just joined will play in b grade. then once all the teams have played each other once the bottom group of teams will break away and for division 3.

hey guys
just wondering if any of the teams from the wrfl would consider a move to the edfl with division 3 forming next year. for those of you who dont know how it will work. the start of the season all the teams in division 2 and teams that have just joined will play in b grade. then once all the teams have played each other once the bottom group of teams will break away and for division 3.

I am an ammo fan, so my views are impartial. But why would a division 1 wrfl club want to play b grade edfl?

You would be better off asking the division 2 clubs

fair call. it was a general question about all the clubs just on the division 1 board

The wrfl have views of playing 3 divisions itself. The competition is probably 3 clubs short to do so. Maybe some edfl sides will play wrfl?

Looking to saturday's game, if Altona can keep all their players from Willie i think it will be a very good game. Altona are very good even running side,but like all young sides they just lack a bit of self belief, although i'm sure last weeks win would have helped along with the last quarter they played against spotty.
Altona also need to show more physical pressence around the contest, especially with forecast wet weather. Gardiner is a big key for altona.

Spotty have been a great team again for the 5th year in a row, an amazing effort with such a high turn over of players. I think the woodsmen will win even if cloke does have a broken hand/finger and i'm sure he will play.
spotty by 15 pts

The Melbourne weather looks like it may be a blessing in disguise for the Vikings, if Eamesy can get his team up and attack early, the WRFL may again come to life. Would be great to see a Grand Final without Spotswood, the comp.s favourite team not included. Hopefully Altona can field a full strength team and have a real crack.

The Melbourne weather looks like it may be a blessing in disguise for the Vikings, if Eamesy can get his team up and attack early, the WRFL may again come to life. Would be great to see a Grand Final without Spotswood, the comp.s favourite team not included. Hopefully Altona can field a full strength team and have a real crack.

I hope for the WRFL that you are right and the Vikings put up a fight. But even with their best effort Spotswood will win. Hopefully not by more that 3-4 goals. Not a good look for the league to have such a big gap between 2nd and 3rd.

No matter what happens this week the Cats will be Premiers!!

I hope for the WRFL that you are right and the Vikings put up a fight. But even with their best effort Spotswood will win. Hopefully not by more that 3-4 goals. Not a good look for the league to have such a big gap between 2nd and 3rd.

No matter what happens this week the Cats will be Premiers!![/quot

Not sure of the margin last year in the gf but i think over the last 10 years the wrfl have had some great gf with alot of very close margins.

TIP: Spotty to win today by 30 - 40 points:thumbsu:

Also think the GF is open and Spotty need to make some adjustments on last week, but two in particular;
  • Ray Jensen at CHF - I bag Ray a lot but last week he was shite, kept trying to come of the line and run through blokes (missing) and only problem was his direct opponent (Blake Richards) delivered first two balls into forward line setting up goals. Can not play especially CHF on the big ground:thumbsdown:
  • Marcus Smith - Spotty rotate there midfield one at a time through the bench and seem non fussed on who gets who. They need to have someone go with number 10# as he is the key player in Albions midfield, posssibly Morgan:thumbsu:
Apart from that eithe4r one could win on the big day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back