WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused. Why are you going to make it next year? Is it:
  1. The players that came up this year
  2. The youth comming thru, or
  3. the fact that you are going to get some good footballers
All this and only loosing 3 players from your Senior list. Sounds to me you will have a surplus of players. Gotta be a few disgruntled one's amongst them.

All of the above, I really dont know why your confused.
The Two's are in the Granny this week end all being good, should win, the u18 are in the Granny as well and ditto !

There are several 2nds players that are retiring after this weekend approx 4 to 5, that leaves approx 10 spots to fill. There will be about 6 Under 18's coming up which leaves room for about 4 to 6 recruits, allowing for injuries during the year. As far as I know no one is disgruntled.

We are stsrting to look after our strong juniors coming through and hopefully this will hold us in good stead for the future, but like every club we still need some recruits where deficiences lie.

I hope your not to confused now !:)

Who cares about Hoppers, isn't there a GF this weekend? I'm looking forward to Saturday/Sunday and Monday with the 2s boys and hopefully under 18s getting the chockies.

Anyway, Spotty are my tip. If they can break even in the middle I think they get the biscuits, both sides are top notch so should be a cracking game. Good luck both teams and I hope use punch the living suitcases out of eachother.

on a positive, looking forward to a great game this weekend, think albion just main reason being the extra week off albion by 12 donny 7 goals bog

Can you name any of the 10 so called players that are leaving and I will honestly reply and let you know if your info is correct.

will find out who on the weekend, i was only told up to 10 senior players are leaving from a hoppers player, i will ask names at the game on satuerday. apparently one of the older players is going to coach a team in the geelong legue is this true? will anyone be following him if true?

on the GF, i think albion will win pretty comfortably, a few injuries come out of the tough game against altona and if they can stop Cloke they will win by 6-8 goals.

Bloomfield for BOG, he is one of the better players this comp has seen in a few years.

Basically everyone has signed but the few older guys which we knew about months back, whilst we'd love to keep those few we all wish them the best of luck. Apart from that everyone we wanted to stay is staying, we have 25 going to Thailand in 4 weeks which shows the closeness of the group.

If you want anymore information about this mate come and introduce your self and we can discuss further, I'll be there. Ta.

Basically everyone has signed but the few older guys which we knew about months back, whilst we'd love to keep those few we all wish them the best of luck. Apart from that everyone we wanted to stay is staying, we have 25 going to Thailand in 4 weeks which shows the closeness of the group.

If you want anymore information about this mate come and introduce your self and we can discuss further, I'll be there. Ta.

cheers tige19, only going of what was said to me i know a few of the younger players in the twos so will be there to watch. will probable see u there, i think i know who u are so might say hi

The Grand Final analysis:
Albion v Spotty

Albion
Positives: Very quick flexible forward line with Bloomfield the potential Match Winner. Midfield is as good as anything in the comp and the back line well held together.

Negatives: Philpott goes down or gets beat and there are massive ??? and big Johnny Haldane a little under done.

Spotty
Positives: A lot of class in Lewis, Couch, O'Keefe, Ayton, Dumbleton.

Negatives: Depth - There bottom six in my opinion are not Div 1 senior players. Jensen has no match up and therefore becomes a liability and his tough guy impersonations win nothing when the opposition are focused on winning the trophy.

Outcome: Spotty will need everything to go right and get the best out of there bottom six. In saying that I think Albion are the better unit with more balance accross all lines. Expect big games from Smith, the Stephens, Bloomfield, Richards, the Davis boys, Philpott and that wins them the game.

Albion - 34 points.

Good Luck to all players:thumbsu:

Who are Spottys bottom 6 that aren't up to it? I'd be keen to know as I think as a side every player knows there roles and plays them really well. Spotty IMO have no issue with there bottom 6, the only issue for me is the ruck! If Philpot was playing for Spotty they'd win by 5-6 goals everytime, that's the biggest concern for Spotty, how do they break even from clearances?

Spotty by 12 points for me, have better runners and forward line structure that wins flags. Albion have a little more xfactor but I'm happy to take Spotty tomorrow.

Who are Spottys bottom 6 that aren't up to it? I'd be keen to know as I think as a side every player knows there roles and plays them really well. Spotty IMO have no issue with there bottom 6, the only issue for me is the ruck! If Philpot was playing for Spotty they'd win by 5-6 goals everytime, that's the biggest concern for Spotty, how do they break even from clearances?

Spotty by 12 points for me, have better runners and forward line structure that wins flags. Albion have a little more xfactor but I'm happy to take Spotty tomorrow.

Is the granny back at werribee or altona tomorrow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont call kicking the ball long and creating space for one target , structure, i call it methodical
You call it methodical? I call it a PREMIERSHIP. Well done Spotswood all the naysayers were proven WRONG. Looks like the Albion boys will have to cancel their tattoo appointments.

Geez mate, stole my thunder. Was going to ask young Stevo to change the tatt to 'runners up 2011'. Having said that, the cats are a quality side, good to watch but somehow ran out of steam when spotty hit their stride.

As for Manton, wasn't as effective because Spotty wouldn't go to Cloke at every opportunity as they did with Crackers last year. Had options all over the place and broke the lines pretty well after quarter time.

Bloomfield gets his hundredth and the nufties run onto the field. Classic!

Choof

You set your structures to create open space for a forward. The method is in the way and from where the ball is delivered to that space. As Forrest Gump would say in a situation like this 'Structure and method go together like peas and carrots.'

Geez mate, stole my thunder. Was going to ask young Stevo to change the tatt to 'runners up 2011'. Having said that, the cats are a quality side, good to watch but somehow ran out of steam when spotty hit their stride.

As for Manton, wasn't as effective because Spotty wouldn't go to Cloke at every opportunity as they did with Crackers last year. Had options all over the place and broke the lines pretty well after quarter time.

Bloomfieldin gets his hundredth and the nufties run onto the field. Classic!
they did in the 1sy 1/4, for me 3 things came out of it, never write spotty off, ray jensen can actually play a liitle bit. and why u would pay that grenville kid,
he wud sturgulle to play for lavo
congrATS SPOTTY and the spuds

FILO, im hearing ya, im a very passionate laverton person, i enjoy watching spottswood play, due to crackers and also knowing spud and knowing how passionate the murphys are about the sfc, and i waatche them at central altonas ground and last week against city, and in my mind , there was no fking way they were wnning today in my mind, yet they did, whole hearted congruatlations to them, im actually looking forward to next yeaR, to see how dp measure up,, good name that murphy :)

i got there at 9am, and at the 25 ODD minute of the reserves last 1/4, the bounday umpire called a ball out on the full, which landed right in front of me and alot of other people and was clearly a good 2ft inside, sunshine get the freekick, take it forward kick a goal, 5 pts the diff, we know what happened, that bouunday umpire actually cost hoppers 2's a flag,

i got there at 9am, and at the 25 ODD minute of the reserves last 1/4, the bounday umpire called a ball out on the full, which landed right in front of me and alot of other people and was clearly a good 2ft inside, sunshine get the freekick, take it forward kick a goal, 5 pts the diff, we know what happened, that bouunday umpire actually cost hoppers 2's a flag,

It may be the case the ball went out of bounds but the free kick that resulted in the winning goal was definitely there. I was sitting a couple of metres from where it was paid and the two blokes I were with both called it a free before the umpire even blew the whistle. Sunshine also missed a few set shots in the last few minutes that they should have got. They were attacking and dominated the last five minutes play. That's really what cost Hoppers the game. They turned off.

Went out to werribie yesterday with my dog coco and they were not going to let me in but I said I no the duck Cassidy and they said straight through and ropped off a section for me centre wing, anyway turned out to be a great day for me, at the 6min mark of the first they unleshed the duck Cassidy and boy was it he's turn to go, every time he went near the ball the crowd would just go up, can put a crowd on the edge of there seat, every break I would go out and listen and I seen one of the trainers try and give him water and he would push them away and say well oiled machines don't need water. I counted the duck Cassidy's stats and the kid is at the elfred hospital with severe leather poisening, 2 goals and 33 touches is frightning, didn't get the medal cause he abuses umpires, the duck is an animal. My favourite part of the day was when he kick the goal that turned the game and put he's hands in the air and said get around me and they did! Thanks for putting on the show yesterday duck coco and I loved it, you are a superstar, I seen some GWS scouts there and they were standing right next to me and everytime the duck got the ball they say this kid is duck like we want him, he's already paying $2.45 for the brownlow next year, go duck Cassidy your the complete package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back