WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Filobeddoe in the lower grades of the ammos the players do not get payed but i did here of a d2 side getting jobs for some good players as for the top grade the players are not supposed to get payed as it it is supposed to be an amatur competition but i have heard of some A grade players winning some fairly easy and healthy bets in the club rooms on a thursday or saturday night and the rumour mill has it that some scolarships to top schools have been banded around to attract the right type of player .
this is scuttel butt only i have no hard proof but if you hear it enough there might just be some truth to it

Hoppers would be the club in this situation
More junior teams the more players to pick from, Altona would be runners-up with StAlbans and Spotswood making up the numbers in the finals, no other club would get close

Albion has had a good set up of juniors last 5-6 years

Good luck to the 2 Albion reserves playing going to Spotswood for better opportunities! Although i doubt you'll be in their best 2nds team. But you just keep listening to secure38's crap! Make sure you visi the doctor, i mean Vet, get your dog hormone injections, cos if you arent Albion, youre a dog!

Any truth to a story going around that Julier from colts is headed to east Keillor as assistant playing coach,

Had 3 different people ask me this today. I have not spoke with brad or any one from cots but I would say a million to 1 of this happening. Doesn't really chase the dollar and he is a colts man.

Good luck to the 2 Albion reserves playing going to Spotswood for better opportunities! Although i doubt you'll be in their best 2nds team. But you just keep listening to secure38's crap! Make sure you visi the doctor, i mean Vet, get your dog hormone injections, cos if you arent Albion, youre a dog!

your 1 of a kind,

just in case you forgot

12-18-90
07-13-55

woof, woof,

Well the most important of then stays ;) Downey kicks 50 if he plays a full season!! On a serious note I think Kade and Knighta covers the losses and adds quite a bit more..

From what I knew Fletch isn't playing at all? I like Fletch alot and if decided to go then no one would begrudge him for giving another comp a go.

was told today there was an interesting article in the local paper this week with hoppers coach and comments about players that have left. cant find it on line, can anyone please send the link if found I herd it was pretty poor form by Mitchell with parting shots at clonan and montybruno.

Was at St Albabs this afternoon placing a bet. I saw Denny and all of the coaching staff in deep discussion. I spoke to a local who told me that Jenkins, Henneman, Mark Dawson, Ford, the moremans, Calder, McFerren, Fitzy, Tom Campbell, Kennedy were all not playing at the club next year. Apparently some wanted more money, some were going back to old clubs, McFerren retiring and Jenkins shopping around.

Now I'm not sure how true this is as it was some local.......but as basically everything on here is rumours I thought I would put it on....

Everyone on Bigfooty didn't give one hoot when I posted these rumors at St Albans. Now they have been confirmed....
Henneman-Signed at Corwa
Mark Dawson-Signed at Taylors Lakes
Ford-Signed at Taylors Lakes
Calder-Signed at Taylors Lakes
McFerran-Signed on as playing assistant at Taylors Lakes
Tom Campbell-Signed back at Aberfeldie
Kennedy-Already moved to WA
Jez-Moving to QLD

Plus I have heard that Fitzy is going to play in the Geelong league and why would Tim Jenkins stay at a club after it lost 8 of it's starting 22.

The real question is anyone concerned with all these players leaving the WRFL and from one of the big division 1 clubs??

was told today there was an interesting article in the local paper this week with hoppers coach and comments about players that have left. cant find it on line, can anyone please send the link if found I herd it was pretty poor form by Mitchell with parting shots at clonan and montybruno.

It's been done to death and everyone's moved on..

How are numbers and training going for all?

Hoppers Crossing had 15 on the track last week:eek: to add to that not many 1's players from last year:thumbsu:

Hoppers Crossing had 15 on the track last week:eek: to add to that not many 1's players from last year:thumbsu:

I personally think that training before Xmas is a waste of time.
Players that want to keep on top of their fitness will do so anyway and the players that don't will turn up 1or two times.
Only reason I'm doing it this year as it's my first year at the club. Next season we will not be doing ore Xmas training. Players can get fit enough in 12 weeks after Xmas. I also think it can be to long of a commitment and can even have a negative impact on recruiting.
Think it's to early to worry about numbers at clubs training.

Can't wait for the season to start. Should be a bit of improvement from a few top clubs in spotty altona and colts. Albion will be around the mark again. I also expect hoppers and sunshine to improve. I have no doubt we will be a lot stronger and sunny heights will also improve significantly. Then deer park will be the big unknown and with the money they can spend anything is possible.
I really believe it will be a great year of wrfl footy with comp heading in the right direction. Best of all the season will kick off on a Friday night between deer park and st albans. Hope the league has more games either on a fri or Sunday will be great in getting crowd numbers up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players that want to keep on top of their fitness will do so anyway and the players that don't will turn up 1or two times.
Only reason I'm doing it this year as it's my first year at the club. Next season we will not be doing ore Xmas training. Players can get fit enough in 12 weeks after Xmas. I also think it can be to long of a commitment and can even have a negative impact on recruiting.

Probably explains why Colts haven't won a flag for 5 years. They ran out of puff in the 07, 08 & 09 Grand Finals.

Probably explains why Colts haven't won a flag for 5 years. They ran out of puff in the 07, 08 & 09 Grand Finals.

On the money Zinc

Altona train 3 nights a week b4 and during season.

spotty train 3 night a week pre season

they will b the 2 teams fighting it out. times are changing ROCK07, the league has become more professional and will demand more time from players. and so it should considerring some of the money that is paid out to players.

Can't wait for the season to start. Should be a bit of improvement from a few top clubs in spotty altona and colts. Albion will be around the mark again. I also expect hoppers and sunshine to improve. I have no doubt we will be a lot stronger and sunny heights will also improve significantly. Then deer park will be the big unknown and with the money they can spend anything is possible.
I really believe it will be a great year of wrfl footy with comp heading in the right direction. Best of all the season will kick off on a Friday night between deer park and st albans. Hope the league has more games either on a fri or Sunday will be great in getting crowd numbers up.

It's great to have you back Coaching Rock. I assume you have pulled on a Norf Footscray jumper, how did the ginger locks go with the guernsey?

Everyone on Bigfooty didn't give one hoot when I posted these rumors at St Albans. Now they have been confirmed....
Henneman-Signed at Corwa
Mark Dawson-Signed at Taylors Lakes
Ford-Signed at Taylors Lakes
Calder-Signed at Taylors Lakes
McFerran-Signed on as playing assistant at Taylors Lakes
Tom Campbell-Signed back at Aberfeldie
Kennedy-Already moved to WA
Jez-Moving to QLD

Plus I have heard that Fitzy is going to play in the Geelong league and why would Tim Jenkins stay at a club after it lost 8 of it's starting 22.

The real question is anyone concerned with all these players leaving the WRFL and from one of the big division 1 clubs??

For the exception of hennamen & dawson i dont think the club would be that fussed in losing the others.

All the young blokes didnt train last week, they were still in 'Stereo' mode.... I'll forgive them, 40+ last night was great.

I'm actually with Rock on the training, the month and a half before xmas is irrelevant come September! unless you're at VFL/AFL level it's just more about getting the boys together imo. Most blokes will piss it up over xmas and new years anyway, I think really at local level the team with the best players and most simple structures win.

For what it's worth Marby Park dont get big turnouts before xmas, the trust is put back on the playing group and they have been one of the best local football sides in Victoria for the last 3-4 years.

No one can really knock Colts, they have been as good as any side in the comp outside of Spotty over the last 10 years.

Great idea, especially in April when the weather is still generally OK and juniors haven't started. Strange that St Albans was good enough for the league to host a final there, but they haven't fixtured a night game there since!

Any idea when the fixture will be out for 2012?

Does it explain please don't just gloss over it. Give your opinion some credit.

I'll back my point up in 07 spotty were clearly the best side and we came home nearly running over the top of them but our in accuracy cost us not fitness
08 we did stop due to several injuries and spotty had momentum and for few continuous decisions the result could have been different.
Then 09 after giving up a 6 goal lead early we got back in the game but playing the 3rd quarter with 16 men for 15 minutes against a breeze is what hurts and this was our greatest losing margin of all gf 17 points and we did actually train per Xmas fr the 09 season.

Times maybe changing with the amount of money getting thrown around but I tell you one thing, what prices some blokes put on their head is laughable and most clubs and comps will suffer.
The sooner a points system is bought in the better for all local footy clubs. Even the ones that do go on spending spree's.

Sorry I also forgot to mention that spotty are a great club and worthy winners.
Also in 05 & 06 we run over both teams after trailing at 3/4 time.
Not sure when fixture is released but I know the league are waiting on confirmation of the Availabilty of chirnside park for finals

Altona must have come across a good sponsor. $975 per game for McKenzie plus good money for all their returning VFL Reserves players. Or perhaps they just offer the money and then in July say their broke and can't pay!

Great idea, especially in April when the weather is still generally OK and juniors haven't started. Strange that St Albans was good enough for the league to host a final there, but they haven't fixtured a night game there since!

Any idea when the fixture will be out for 2012?

They have ask the league to fixture more games at night ,but the league said the only way they can play at night is if the oppostion club agrees to it. everytime they asked a club to play at night they have said No.
Anyway Good to hear Deer Park have agreed to play night game next year.

Shags, no offence mate but there is only 1 bloke who hasn't moved on - Mitch. There was no need for the stuff he said in that article.

He should be pumping up recruits not slagging off long term Warriors...

Shags, no offence mate but there is only 1 bloke who hasn't moved on - Mitch. There was no need for the stuff he said in that article.

He should be pumping up recruits not slagging off long term Warriors...

In his defence apparently a bucks party has taken precedence over other matters like training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back