WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloggers being asked to predict their top 5 may be wasting their time if the forthright views of a couple of influential and financial Deer Park officials who were overheard yesterday in the Barwon Heads Hotel to confidently predict that the Deer Park Football Club will win the next FOUR (4) A Grade Premierships in the WRFL.
They were "buzzing" with confidence and cant wait for their side to flex their new found muscle in 2013.

It was a bevy of footballers in the back bar including triple Magarey Medallist James Allan with his new Lara team mates, dual Barry Priest Medallist Tim Jenkins with his St Albans team mates, former WRFL players who now play Superules at Williamstown, former AFL stars in Crusher Kretiuk and Shane O'Bree.

Bloggers being asked to predict their top 5 may be wasting their time if the forthright views of a couple of influential and financial Deer Park officials who were overheard yesterday in the Barwon Heads Hotel to confidently predict that the Deer Park Football Club will win the next FOUR (4) A Grade Premierships in the WRFL.

they have obviously gone to the same school as the Gold Coast Suns chairman.

They were "buzzing" with confidence and cant wait for their side to flex their new found muscle in 2013.

It was a bevy of footballers in the back bar including triple Magarey Medallist James Allan with his new Lara team mates, dual Barry Priest Medallist Tim Jenkins with his St Albans team mates, former WRFL players who now play Superules at Williamstown, former AFL stars in Crusher Kretiuk and Shane O'Bree.

why didnt you come up and say hello......??

Read on the herald sun website today that rumours going around the Chris Tarrant was possibly signing up at Deer Park.. Can anyone add anything to that?

Read on the herald sun website today that rumours going around the Chris Tarrant was possibly signing up at Deer Park.. Can anyone add anything to that?

was claimed not long ago but then went away...they appear to have thrown the kitchen sink and every other player to come off an AFL list so every chance

Heard his going to a local central highlands club one of his good mates plays up there...

fingers crossed terrier...might be good for the comp to have big name ex afl players playing in the comp but reckon most defenders could think of better ways to spend a saturday than having Chris Tarrant stand on their head

fingers crossed terrier...might be good for the comp to have big name ex afl players playing in the comp but reckon most defenders could think of better ways to spend a saturday than having Chris Tarrant stand on their head

good ol weapo will be sitting on the hill jim beams dim sims and hot dogs....loving it.....you can have your mulligans posts clokes.....

confirmed 10 games plus finals....;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard that James Mulligan has already gone AWOL from Hoppers Crossing - what a surprise !!!!

Weapons - one big difference between Jayden Post going back to Altona and all the injury prone over paid mercanaries going to the COWBOYS - integrity and character - go the VIKINGS !

Also at least Jason Cloke is now at Spotswood for a third season in 2013 - how many of the injury prone over paid mercanaries going to the COWBOYS will still be there in 2015 ?

Not true, BUT, what an understatement, McGoldrick you d.ck
"We've got our quota"
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/loc...ark-diggers-rest/story-fn53kl7r-1226550440823

As others have posted, the youth will overcome the high priced money hungry mercenaries at Deer Park, they will make the five then run out of legs when it counts and be put out in straight sets and everyone involved at local footy right around Australia will be laughing and laughing at McGoldrick and his band of cheque book lieutenants.
And even more laughing.

Not true, BUT, what an understatement, McGoldrick you d.ck
"We've got our quota"
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/loc...ark-diggers-rest/story-fn53kl7r-1226550440823

As others have posted, the youth will overcome the high priced money hungry mercenaries at Deer Park, they will make the five then run out of legs when it counts and be put out in straight sets and everyone involved at local footy right around Australia will be laughing and laughing at McGoldrick and his band of cheque book lieutenants.
And even more laughing.

'we've got out quota' - so if Chris Judd walks down and asks for a game they are going to say no sorry mate. s**t statement. i have seen better sides put together with money fall flat on their face. altona are the ones to beat.

But i know most of the other guys so i would definitely say its got to be close to the $350k mark

That's ridiculous if true. They'd better make damn sure of this year's flag by throwing some more dollars at WRFL, umps and a few shady characters to 'take care' of opposition guns before match day.
This B.S. is dangerous.

Obscene said:
I don't think the ages of the recruits will be the issue ......... of greater concern is the risk of back injury carrying around the $ 10K sign on fees and the stock standard $ 1K per game.​
With the expected financial outlay of $ 350K to $ 400K it will be interesting if the "COWBOYS" continue to field junior sides in the WRFL as the club is sending a very clear message that there is no room for juniors to progress to senior ranks.
> I totally agree with this. Weapons how can you deny such an outlay? I heard from shylo smiths mouth that he is on $22g to play there. He has signed. And he wouldnt be on as much as ayres, barling, broadbent ect. You've signed over 14 new players. Plus i heard you guys offered donny quite a considerable amount to leave lara? not sure about that one. But i know most of the other guys so i would definitely say its got to be close to the $350k mark

of the 14 players signed before christmas deer park wernt outlaying any more than they did last season....fact....remembering there was a huge injury list last season with money in the bank due to this reason we are able to afford a couple extra pieces to the puzzle.....if you belive shylo smith is worth 22k per year you've got rocks in your head.......

next youll be hearing around the traps weapo is getting 15 k for being their bigfooty representative.....pppfffttt

of the 14 players signed before christmas deer park wernt outlaying any more than they did last season....fact....remembering there was a huge injury list last season with money in the bank due to this reason we are able to afford a couple extra pieces to the puzzle.....if you belive shylo smith is worth 22k per year you've got rocks in your head.......

next youll be hearing around the traps weapo is getting 15 k for being their bigfooty representative.....pppfffttt
Me thinks you protest to much. Same as the Marby folks did for years. It overlooks one public fact. The man bank rolling the operation at both clubs is on record at the EDFL presenation night a few years back. His statement, "I am putting in $300k, if that does not win a flag, I will put in whatever it takes". Quite a few hundred people there on the night. The more you protest, the more credibility there is to the claims of the reported payments.

Me thinks you protest to much. Same as the Marby folks did for years. It overlooks one public fact. The man bank rolling the operation at both clubs is on record at the EDFL presenation night a few years back. His statement, "I am putting in $300k, if that does not win a flag, I will put in whatever it takes". Quite a few hundred people there on the night. The more you protest, the more credibility there is to the claims of the reported payments.

im a pretty honest person who likes to stir things up from time to time.....now when someone who i rate quite highly at the club tells me on good authourity what and how the club has come into such fortune with the playing list i post it on here that they are facts now people are telling me im protesting too much......dont know how much g/a has put in but from previous experiance in what he has done at other clubs he only wants success......bring it on i say......

was only dissagreeing with a poster who stated a young player who hasnt done much in the comp is getting a ridiculous amount of coin to play with my club.....its getting beyond a joke......

If Deer Park in signing the 14 new players before Christmas is at the same level of spending as in 2012, the "COWBOYS" are in a lot of trouble as an outsider would have to ask who is running the asylum there ????? The club by not making the finals in 2012 must have wasted a lot of coin.
Not spending extra in 2013 when players like Barling, Georgiadis, McHarg, Crawford and others are boasting $ 10K sign ons and $ 1K per game ........ I think these blokes think the $ 10K sign on fees are money from heaven when guite a few have terrible history of injuries and playing consistent week to week games has proven impossible in the past.

Perhaps the COWBOYS better invest in some physios, Trainers, Masseurs, Rehab officers and a Psychologist !!!!!

If Deer Park in signing the 14 new players before Christmas is at the same level of spending as in 2012, the "COWBOYS" are in a lot of trouble as an outsider would have to ask who is running the asylum there ????? The club by not making the finals in 2012 must have wasted a lot of coin.
Not spending extra in 2013 when players like Barling, Georgiadis, McHarg, Crawford and others are boasting $ 10K sign ons and $ 1K per game ........ I think these blokes think the $ 10K sign on fees are money from heaven when guite a few have terrible history of injuries and playing consistent week to week games has proven impossible in the past.

Perhaps the COWBOYS better invest in some physios, Trainers, Masseurs, Rehab officers and a Psychologist !!!!!

please of the 28 posts you have made all are in reference to deer park and 12 of them are about the same thing you must have love for the club.....jump on board.....

next!!!

My Top 5 with reason

Altona
Spotswood
Hoppers Crossing
Port Colts
Deer Park

Altona, havn't really lost anyone from there premiership side and can add J.Post who will no doubt be the one of the best key position player in the leauge next year, the style of WRFL will suit him, and he will be able to play at CHF kick 6-7 with ease, and also drop back in important games and control play.

Spotswood havn't lost many again, and after 7? consecutive grand finals why would you tip them out of your top 2? Kids coming through the system, they shouldn't be treated lightly.

Hoppers will be on the improve, another year for all the recruits of last year to bond and with some huge signings they will be a top 3 side for me and pushing for a flag in the next 2 years.

Port Colts, well I havn't heard much of the player movements but they will be competitive and I liked what I saw from them in last years finals, a hard side to stop when they are on and should they be firing next year they could prove to be again a top 2-3 side.

Deer Park, well I can't leave them out of the 5, I think it's a big jump, heaps of recruits but seriously lets see how they all play together, Altona are born and raised Altona blokes playing to win a flag with mates and for the club, Deer Park are trying to do an Albion and pay for a premiership, the thing is, I would of had them save there bucks this year, get use to the step up and slowly built over the next 3 years for a flag, I think they are going too hard too early and will just slide into my top 5.

Wooden Spoon is probably going Albion's way.

My Top 5 with reason

Altona
Spotswood
Hoppers Crossing
Port Colts
Deer Park

Altona, havn't really lost anyone from there premiership side and can add J.Post who will no doubt be the one of the best key position player in the leauge next year, the style of WRFL will suit him, and he will be able to play at CHF kick 6-7 with ease.

6-7 with ease? Dont get ahead of yourself...he was no match winner at VFL level....i think he might be in for a shock...

Wooden Spoon is probably going Albion's way

And surely you jest...yarraville are struggling and nth footscray havent improved their list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back