WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
^come within 10 goals- not cone working.

Did someone say cone working?

244645-jazzy-o.jpg

Same old GO, how many games did u win last year??? And u come back to Div2 and think you own the comp already... I hope u guys are training hard because if all u r doing is what I have seen at your training so far then you certainly are well prepared.... Would prob be worth looking at what the offer for us Wyndhamvale was in the ANZAC day game before you shot your mouth off at us. No return match no chance to run any raffles or competitions on the day, no chance for our sponsors to get their names out there and a 4 day break to top it off... Prob worth GO checking with our club before confirming anything.
Wake up GO you are not the be all and end all of local footy and last time I checked ur current record is not good at all, show other clubs just a little respect and you may get some back.
As far as we are concerned GO is just another game mate.... No rivalry anymore no need for fuss we will just turn up and play footy and hopefully get a win.
If you want to get stuck into luke or myself feel free to give us a call our numbers are on our website we would only be happy to discuss our clubs strong position on this AGAIN to Glen Ordan.
Merry Xmas to everyone.
2012 year of the falcon.... Not the hawk haha
Evo out

go evo.....:eek::D;)

So Colin you are saying if the money man at Deer Park had of chosen Laverton as his pet project in 2011 and offered to bring players like James Condos accross you would have been firmly against it? I think you would have been celebrating the wins as hard as anyone mate. It's easy to be against money when your club doesn't have any.

Why shouldn't players get paid? They train Tuesday/Thursday night, give up all day Saturday where many of them could be working, the put their body's on the line and lots of self employed blokes struggle to work Mondays due to soreness. Players have a right to be compensated for this. They are only take a share of what is on offer, they aren't putting a gun to anyones head forcing cash from them. Coaches get paid so why shouldn't the players who are putting their body's on the line?

Some interesting initiatives being introduced but I tend to agree with the previous poster about it not really helping to attract players. But it could potentially help some of your current players off field. Though I'd guess the blokes who could get the most out of it would probably be the ones who wouldn't be interested in doing it.

as hard as me........ppppffftttt cant stop watching the gf replay......

you hit the nail right on the head......it takes 1 bloke to know another bloke and get him involved.........ala deer park........

enough from me in the div 2 thread see u on the flip side(div 1 thread) when you crackers are fair dinkum enough to have a crack in the top comp......

now before you say deer park were weak as piss........where are we now compared to your club......put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!

yours in footy weapo!!!! no1 ticket holder carro springs!!!:rolleyes::eek::footy:

given the enormity of the mcg game, i wouldnt think it be wise for any club to schedule a game for anzac day!!
Yeah, i'm sure it will have a huge impact on the West Footscray v Braybrook game lol, just pretend it's Sydney v Essendon. Grab a $3.50, enjoy the day and watch local footy, if you need a afl fix, check the afl score when you're grabbing another cold one. Hope to see you there....:thumbsu:

Yeah, i'm sure it will have a huge impact on the West Footscray v Braybrook game lol, just pretend it's Sydney v Essendon. Grab a $3.50, enjoy the day and watch local footy, if you need a afl fix, check the afl score when you're grabbing another cold one. Hope to see you there....:thumbsu:

if it was sydney vs essendon i would, this being my point

Evo whats with Falcons requesting 2 games home and away against bottoms sides :thumbsdown:[/quote]

HO HO HO Merry New Year to all.....lol well it is now 2012 and local footy is only a few months away....praccy games will be upon us shortly and i suppose everyone is eagily awaiting the opening of clearances to secure their prize bulls and lock em in so to speak hahaha....
On the vales requesting games against lower sides I believe it is not so much a request but the norm of the last few years. We seem to always match up against Lavo in the local grudge match so we can attempt to towel them up in front of their past players day, sorry Justin (as they usually set that day as their preimership win was against us I believe) and because of this we usually get a return game which is always good as we seem to get a bit extra bar sales from the lavo community which is awesome. If I am correct in saying Lavo are certainly expecting to be a top 5 side so I would not say that is a win off the bat...

If the 2nd team you are refering to is Braybrooke it happens that we have the same major sponsor so the big boys at each club thought it would be a great spectical and honour to our sponsor (who is an absolute ripping bloke) to play in a 'cup' game where we fight it out for the love and admirration of the man who seriously does go the extra mile to ensuring that our club is going forward and more importantly stays in touch with the community in which he is highly regaurded in. So altho there is a difference in ladder position between our 2 clubs last year...that really does not mean much as the brookers are having a real dip during the so called 'trade period' and are expecting a big year.

And just on the draw it seems to be an even one from what I can gather, no real discrepencies for certain teams and from my usual off season spying most sides are looking pretty good...all teams that I have seen have had good numbers on the track and look to be working pretty hard so hopefully that equates to a close and hard fought season.
I think finals positions could be decided yet again over the last few rounds of the season which would be great for Div2.

Anyway the Vales are certainly going to be working our butts off to continue to play good footy....

I cant wait for clearances to open as I am tipping a fair few very big surprises to be exiting and entering some teams this year...a couple that will shock a fair few people and possibly have a couple of clubs asking 'What the F#*K' and some serious finger pointing.... but good on the coaches that have the balls to ask the question to some of these players.... anyway that is all I will say for now bring on the awkward shapped ball as I am sick to death of the cricketers claiming they actually run and need a ground to 'train' on lol cricket training is done in nets and with a beer and a poker table near by....hahaha

Evo out....

Reading that most clubs are looking forward to practice matches, mainly against teams from kindred leagues - and not just for bragging rights (if we lose, it's only a practice game, but if we win, then our league is better than your league).
A North Sunshine practice game against Chadstone, (last in VAFA Div 4 - that's 'G' Grade) for at least the past two years could be good for both clubs.
It would certainly attract beneficial media interest, notwithstanding that it would be advantageous for both clubs in terms of recruitment advertising.
:thumbsu:

Reading that most clubs are looking forward to practice matches, mainly against teams from kindred leagues - and not just for bragging rights (if we lose, it's only a practice game, but if we win, then our league is better than your league).
A North Sunshine practice game against Chadstone, (last in VAFA Div 4 - that's 'G' Grade) for at least the past two years could be good for both clubs.
It would certainly attract beneficial media interest, notwithstanding that it would be advantageous for both clubs in terms of recruitment advertising.
:thumbsu:

Not a bad idea Seaside. Both these clubs have had some media interest in the last few years. They could promote the game and maybe attract a few sponsors. Sell it as a demonstration of the resilience of 2 football clubs. Chadstone have not won a senior game since about 2008 and I think their reserves may have 1 victory in that time. Have to admire a club that can endure a run of outs like that and still stick together. As you point out D4 in the VAFA in actually 7th division so you would expect North Sunshine would be a good chance of posting a win.

Both these clubs have had some media interest in the last few years. They could promote the game and maybe attract a few sponsors. Sell it as a demonstration of the resilience of 2 football clubs. D4 in the VAFA in actually 7th division so you would expect North Sunshine would be a good chance of posting a win.

I would come out of retirement and play a game for Nth Suns just to try and help.
Also promote the fact the No 4 draft pick is a Nth lad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for your input JimmyJack; on the other hand I hope that it has created more enthusiasm than what has appeared in this medium. I am sure that it would be a great advertisement for not only the Roadrunners and the Synners, but also for the two football fraternities, being WRFL and VAFA, showing that friendship and support for and between clubs and leagues is alive and well.
I did like your reference to ‘resilience’, a brilliant depiction of both clubs.
Perhaps our local ‘Star’ football scribe together with a colleague from the Chadstone area’s local newspaper could be more than happy to run with this.
The game could be played at the Whitten Oval.
Channel 31 is also a chance, as they need practice matches too. (Footy Show Ch 9??)
Imagine the publicity!
Consider the crowd and the clubs’ potential revenue on the day!!
HOWEVER, only the two clubs can organise this and I do hope that they have the professional resourcefulness to contact each other, form a working party, allocate duties and set rules for the playing group (no ring-ins). Should this all come together, it will be win-win for all concerned.
:):thumbsu::D

I doubt the two most struggling footy clubs in melbourne would pull much of a crowd

I have to agree with this comment. As much as i wont to see Nth Sunshine Improve and stick with it, i cant see a practice match where premiership points are not up for grabs pulling that big of a crowd. The best case senario for both participating clubs would be some media attention and possibly a decent sponsor coming on board for both clubs. But hey its good to see ppl thinking outside the box for their clubs :thumbsu:

Your info is correct, West v Braybrook on Anzac day at Braybrook, it's a Wednesday i think,
We at West are happy to be involved in the match on Anzac day, hopefully a few from other clubs come have a look and it continues to be an annual event. Not much has been said about recruits on this forum, everyone is keeping their cards close to their chest.

Very quiet on this thread,would like to know everyones predictions/opionions on how they think the ladder will finish at seasons end!!!!

I'll have a go:-

Wyndhamvale
Parkside
Yarraville
Coburg Districts
Albanvale
Glenorden
Caroline Springs
Laverton
West Footscray
Braybrook
North Sunshine

remember this is only my opinion/prediction,so dont shoot me down...

From what I saw last season, Caroline Springs will need to improve out of sight to finish 7th... It's a big call having them finish above both Laverton and West Footscray!

From what im hearing Yarravile would be team to beat. A couple more from Tulla gone there and a heap of guys from Keilor Park.
Parkisde also looking strong with some Avondale heights boys.

From what im hearing Yarravile would be team to beat. A couple more from Tulla gone there and a heap of guys from Keilor Park.
Parkisde also looking strong with some Avondale heights boys.

Yarraville did not play finals last year, they would need to be recruiting pretty heavily in order to become the team to beat, espicially with Wyndhamvale, Parkside and even Coburg being very active in the early part of the recruiting stages, all these teams finished above them last year. Yarraville will definatley improve and play finals but not the team to beat not yet anyway. Wyndhamvale would be the team to beat at this stage i would say with Parkside not far behind. Coburg and Yarraville nipping at their heels, and Glenorden, Albanvale and West Foots the next best and fighting for the final position in the top 5. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back