WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearances have started coming through in the EDFL for those interested. Few from Airport West coming to WRFL (Coburg with Rooney).
Looks as though Rooney has brought a couple across with him? Assume they can play if they were playing EDFL last year.
Watched Coburg train for a bit last night and they look to have added some much needed height to their playing list from last year.
Coburg, Yarraville and Parkside are the big movers in the off season.

Clearances are coming thick and fast for 2 clubs in particular at the moment! Glenorden and Coburg have got massive influz of players coming in especially for this time of the year few decents names coming threw aswell:

Glenorden:
Addamo, Nathan Pending 02/02/12
Angelini, Stefan Pending 02/02/12
Angelini, Tristan Pending 02/02/12
Bunworth, Bradley Pending 02/02/12
Comensoli, Shayne Pending 02/02/12
Elevato, Louis Pending 02/02/12
Faranda, Cajetan Pending 02/02/12
Hare, Jye Pending 02/02/12
Henry, Brent Pending 02/02/12
Laing, Dale Pending 02/02/12
Mcnamara, Christopher Pending 02/02/12
Petro, Brent Pending 02/02/12
Pettigrove, Adam Pending 02/02/12
Radcliffe, Josh Pending 02/02/12
Scudamore, Chris Pending 02/02/12
Tausinga, Desmond Pending 02/02/12
Walker, Ryan Pending 02/02/12
Walsh, Danny Pending 02/02/12
Welfare, Jason Pending 02/02/12

Coburg:
Barone, Anthony Pending 01/02/12
Clohesy, Dylan Pending 01/02/12
Cudmore, Drew Pending 01/02/12
Gallagher, Darren Pending 02/02/12
Georgeades, Nicholas Pending 01/02/12
Hughes, Ben Pending 01/02/12
Irons, Leigh Pending 01/02/12
Kassis, Brett Pending 01/02/12
Katsios, Stephen Pending 01/02/12
Lucas, Brenden Pending 01/02/12
Lucas, Cory Pending 01/02/12
Maggiore, Alex Pending 01/02/12
Moore, Nathan Pending 01/02/12
Nolan, Brendan Pending 01/02/12
Tarallo, David Pending 01/02/12
Vincitorio, Luke Pending 01/02/12
Young, Michael Pending 01/02/12

I like the look of the clearances coming in for coburg better but with the ammount of numbers coming in for glenorden surely they are trying to make an early statement?

Clearances are coming thick and fast for 2 clubs in particular at the moment! Glenorden and Coburg have got massive influz of players coming in especially for this time of the year few decents names coming threw aswell:

Glenorden:
Addamo, Nathan Pending 02/02/12
Angelini, Stefan Pending 02/02/12
Angelini, Tristan Pending 02/02/12
Bunworth, Bradley Pending 02/02/12
Comensoli, Shayne Pending 02/02/12
Elevato, Louis Pending 02/02/12
Faranda, Cajetan Pending 02/02/12
Hare, Jye Pending 02/02/12
Henry, Brent Pending 02/02/12
Laing, Dale Pending 02/02/12
Mcnamara, Christopher Pending 02/02/12
Petro, Brent Pending 02/02/12
Pettigrove, Adam Pending 02/02/12
Radcliffe, Josh Pending 02/02/12
Scudamore, Chris Pending 02/02/12
Tausinga, Desmond Pending 02/02/12
Walker, Ryan Pending 02/02/12
Walsh, Danny Pending 02/02/12
Welfare, Jason Pending 02/02/12

Coburg:
Barone, Anthony Pending 01/02/12
Clohesy, Dylan Pending 01/02/12
Cudmore, Drew Pending 01/02/12
Gallagher, Darren Pending 02/02/12
Georgeades, Nicholas Pending 01/02/12
Hughes, Ben Pending 01/02/12
Irons, Leigh Pending 01/02/12
Kassis, Brett Pending 01/02/12
Katsios, Stephen Pending 01/02/12
Lucas, Brenden Pending 01/02/12
Lucas, Cory Pending 01/02/12
Maggiore, Alex Pending 01/02/12
Moore, Nathan Pending 01/02/12
Nolan, Brendan Pending 01/02/12
Tarallo, David Pending 01/02/12
Vincitorio, Luke Pending 01/02/12
Young, Michael Pending 01/02/12

I like the look of the clearances coming in for coburg better but with the ammount of numbers coming in for glenorden surely they are trying to make an early statement?

Anyone able to shed some light on any of these guys? Are they decent players or just making up numbers on teams lists?
With clubs being back at training now, anyone willing to say which players, new or old faces, are looking good on the track?

hi im trying to find out where ex afl players go after they are off afl list . so im looking to know if any ex afl listed or rookie players are playing in your competition? hopefully someone can help me

In Division 1 theres Aaron Henneman at St Albans and Jason Cloke at Spotswood I think it is. Theres also numerous ex AFL/VFL 'listed' players who never actually played a senior game in this league also.

Anyone able to shed some light on any of these guys? Are they decent players or just making up numbers on teams lists?
With clubs being back at training now, anyone willing to say which players, new or old faces, are looking good on the track?

Yarraville very active too :

Allouche, Mohammad Pending 01/02/12
Barry, Shane Pending 03/02/12
Brawn, Alex Pending 01/02/12
Connell, David Approved 01/02/12 02/02/12
D'Orazio, Stephen Pending 01/02/12
Dorazio, Dean Pending 01/02/12
Growcott, Paul Approved 01/02/12 02/02/12
Harmes, Jason Pending 01/02/12
Jansz, Eran Pending 01/02/12
Jansz, Glenn Pending 03/02/12
Laverde, James Pending 01/02/12
Mcdonald, Jason Pending 01/02/12
Mcdonald, Wayne Pending 01/02/12
Mohamed, Sherif Denied 01/02/12 01/02/12
Montrose, Anthony Pending 03/02/12
Rayson, Joshua Pending 01/02/12
Wells, Craig Pending 01/02/12

Looks as though Rooney has brought a couple across with him? Assume they can play if they were playing EDFL last year.
Watched Coburg train for a bit last night and they look to have added some much needed height to their playing list from last year.
Coburg, Yarraville and Parkside are the big movers in the off season.
I can assure you Glen Orden will be the big improvers have picked up some handy footballers to play 2nd division the loss of jones is big but the ins can all play and i would be suprised if they lost a game to be honest. But as is said footy is a funny game there are alot of areas also need to work to be successfull we will wate and see. Also been impressed with Wyndhamvale they have a plan in place and looks like its starting to show some fruition.

I can assure you Glen Orden will be the big improvers have picked up some handy footballers to play 2nd division the loss of jones is big but the ins can all play and i would be suprised if they lost a game to be honest. But as is said footy is a funny game there are alot of areas also need to work to be successfull we will wate and see. Also been impressed with Wyndhamvale they have a plan in place and looks like its starting to show some fruition.

That is a huge statement for a club that hasnt won a game for 2 years!

I think you are underestimating the comp. The last 3 sides down from div 1 have all struggled in their first year back in div 2. Yarraville, Parkside and West Footscray. This time last year West Footscray were talking it up and finished 7th.

That is a huge statement for a club that hasnt won a game for 2 years!

I think you are underestimating the comp. The last 3 sides down from div 1 have all struggled in their first year back in div 2. Yarraville, Parkside and West Footscray. This time last year West Footscray were talking it up and finished 7th.

usually when a team is relegated they find it hard to recruit, this will be a very different situation to the other teams u have mentioned, glenordan have recruited and recruited well, i know some of theguys going their from werribee ammos and they are div 1 players.

usually when a team is relegated they find it hard to recruit, this will be a very different situation to the other teams u have mentioned, glenordan have recruited and recruited well, i know some of theguys going their from werribee ammos and they are div 1 players.

Disagree completely, when a team is relegated it is easier for them to recruit. Because they pump it up like Glenorden are that they are back in div2 and except to win lots of games, so there is the drive of success.

When Parkside dropped back they recruited well and in house i am told expectations were to go straight back up. I think they finished 4 or 5th and did nothing in finals. I remember my club Albanvale best them by 10 goals and 17 goals during the year.

So from all the comments on here, GLENORDEN the team to beat. All the pressure on them :D

Agree that teams coming down need to recruit to be competitve again even in divvy 2. I see alot of players coming in for glenorden are from werribee districts who play Premier C and although they did play off in the GF to say the players coming from there are Divvy 1 players is underestimating the WRFL. Only one player coming from Werribee Districts for Glenorden played in there GF team, so how does that support your claim. Bit early for predictions i think until we all see each other on the feild. I also see a few of th clearances coming in being denied ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree completely, when a team is relegated it is easier for them to recruit. Because they pump it up like Glenorden are that they are back in div2 and except to win lots of games, so there is the drive of success.

When Parkside dropped back they recruited well and in house i am told expectations were to go straight back up. I think they finished 4 or 5th and did nothing in finals. I remember my club Albanvale best them by 10 goals and 17 goals during the year.

So from all the comments on here, GLENORDEN the team to beat. All the pressure on them :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I may well be, but didn't Parkside go undefeated in thier 1st season in Division 2 only to lose to Deer Park in the GF?

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I may well be, but didn't Parkside go undefeated in thier 1st season in Division 2 only to lose to Deep Park in the GF?

No it was there 2nd or 3rd year. ( 2nd i think ) I think Sunshine Heights won it in there first year down

Yarraville very active too :

Allouche, Mohammad Pending 01/02/12
Barry, Shane Pending 03/02/12
Brawn, Alex Pending 01/02/12
Connell, David Approved 01/02/12 02/02/12
D'Orazio, Stephen Pending 01/02/12
Dorazio, Dean Pending 01/02/12
Growcott, Paul Approved 01/02/12 02/02/12
Harmes, Jason Pending 01/02/12
Jansz, Eran Pending 01/02/12
Jansz, Glenn Pending 03/02/12
Laverde, James Pending 01/02/12
Mcdonald, Jason Pending 01/02/12
Mcdonald, Wayne Pending 01/02/12
Mohamed, Sherif Denied 01/02/12 01/02/12
Montrose, Anthony Pending 03/02/12
Rayson, Joshua Pending 01/02/12
Wells, Craig Pending 01/02/12

Interested in peoples thoughts about when is too much?That is over 17 new players and from what i saw last year Yarra were not that far away there will be some disappointed players come round 1 challenge to keep everyone happy .:footy:

Interested in peoples thoughts about when is too much?That is over 17 new players and from what i saw last year Yarra were not that far away there will be some disappointed players come round 1 challenge to keep everyone happy .:footy:

Think we need to clarify if these are all seniors or some are juniors as clearance list doesnt give ya that info. Apart from that agree that it can be too much, too soon

Think we need to clarify if these are all seniors or some are juniors as clearance list doesnt give ya that info. Apart from that agree that it can be too much, too soon

Parkside have recruited very well. My spies from the EDFL tell me the 2 players from avndale were in their best 3 or 4 players last 3 years, 1 of them captained Avondale 2 years ago.

I've played on Jimmy Condos a few times Weapons... And lets face it, there is no one out there that compares to him, not in the WRFL at least. Smart, quick, and ridiculously strong. Best player I've ever played on!

I heard a whisper that Condos is a good forward. Another whisper I heard is that Chris Bone of Coburg District fame is a good full back.

Having been out of melbourne and its local football for a few years now, can anyone tell me how the two matched up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back