WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A few clearances....

Justin, probably one of the best salesmen in the game !

Top 5 at worst yet in March you are on Bigfooty advertising for the services of a key back ( FB/CHB ) and a ruckman. ????????????????

Fairly big pieces to the puzzle i would have thought.

Thanks for the half-glass empty reply there mate but why would I not want to further strengthen our list and if there is a means and an outlet for doing so, why not?

We have a FB and and CHB and we also have a ruckman, but why would we not want to possibly free them up and play them elswhere and hopefully better our squad if we can? We feel we have a VERY good mid-field and a VERY good forward line but these are our 2 spots (FB/CHB and ruck) I would like stronger?

Very happy with our list but like any club, how long is a piece of string?

Justin, probably one of the best salesmen in the game !

Top 5 at worst yet in March you are on Bigfooty advertising for the services of a key back ( FB/CHB ) and a ruckman. ????????????????

Fairly big pieces to the puzzle i would have thought.

I'm with Justin,
As a coach, you never rest. There is always something or someone extra you can add. Yep he has hope for top 5 with his group and current ruck/chb but you always need to be on the ball and this forum is perfect for advertising. Even when you have the perfect list, you want more. That's how it is at most clubs I would have thought.

Not sure how much sense this makes, If you have a "VERY good Mid-field & Forward-line" then why would you need to "free them up to play elsewhere"? Not sure I would be wrapped if I was one of these players you are talking about openly on a forum?

have not heard much about key signings on here but hope all clubs are getting big turnouts for preseason.

did hear a little about yarra signing some x tula players. I hope they do well.

i did hear laverton have signed a young bloke from abers who hasnt played in a while. heard hes a gun!

Positive signs ahead for the league i see with some big names coming across from the edfl and not just old hacks but some blokes who can play

Not sure how much sense this makes, If you have a "VERY good Mid-field & Forward-line" then why would you need to "free them up to play elsewhere"? Not sure I would be wrapped if I was one of these players you are talking about openly on a forum?

Having too many players is something all coaches are after! It creates more pressure for spots, thus forcing players to train harder and play to the team rules in order to keep their spot...

I play forward, but can also play on the wing and in the ruck. So having those extra players could 'free me up' to play those other positions and maybe give our team an edge over the oposition.

So you see, it does make sense!

In future, if you don't know what you're talking about, please refrain from comment, because you don't know what's going on at our club, and by the sounds of, you really don't know what you're talking about!

Cheers.

The same salesman that got the job after a bloke made the finals. Promised the world and continues to promise the world, and nothing delivered yet but spin. Until the season is over I will refuse to take in what he is pitching. Just giggle at him.

The same salesman that got the job after a bloke made the finals. Promised the world and continues to promise the world, and nothing delivered yet but spin. Until the season is over I will refuse to take in what he is pitching. Just giggle at him.

Mate im a neutral observer, but a footy hasnt been bounced in anger and you are already slipping the boots in. HARSH

As for the "gun signing" from Abers, i love the consistency on these forums, every player signed is "A GUN", and everyone knows the club they came from, how good they are, yet magically can never recall the "A GUN" name !!

Turn it up

Mate im a neutral observer, but a footy hasnt been bounced in anger and you are already slipping the boots in. HARSH

As for the "gun signing" from Abers, i love the consistency on these forums, every player signed is "A GUN", and everyone knows the club they came from, how good they are, yet magically can never recall the "A GUN" name !!

Turn it up
Yarraville were VERY good last night in a practice match against Coburg. No scores were kept, though I reckon Yarraville won by 8+ goals. Both teams didnt look to be at full strength..Yarraville's new recruits stood out in the match. Interesting to hear other thoughts from people who were down watching the game...

You talk as if it's an easy job to build a side with a player budget of $0

Have heard off 3 ppl that there not paying people. If the coach comes on here and says they dont well THEY DONT!

Credit to the coach for being on the front foot we know who you are & wont hide from what club you are from. If only everyone on here was as honest there would be less s**t talk goin on.

If i was a player at that club & knew no 1 was getting paid it would be good 2 know why ur all there, to win a flag & be part of a team who want the club to go places & not chase cash.

I just dont beleive that the budjet is $0, if any team says they dont pay anything then they must be embarressed at what they actually pay.
Groper, come down and check our club out rather than assume, the only paperwork that our players complete is a standard clearance form, a player details form that I ask for asking their preferred playing positions, contact details, etc and we don't have any contractual forms to sign as no-one is on a contract... So believe what you will and although we would love to have an abundance of sponsors and money to spend on players, we are working to be a sustainable club for the future, eradicate all debt, build up revenue for future years... Many clubs would be envious that we have a playing list of 65+ and have an ever-improving culture that is a far-cry from perceptions people may once have had of the Laverton Magpies FC...

Groper, come down and check our club out rather than assume, the only paperwork that our players complete is a standard clearance form, a player details form that I ask for asking their preferred playing positions, contact details, etc and we don't have any contractual forms to sign as no-one is on a contract... So believe what you will and although we would love to have an abundance of sponsors and money to spend on players, we are working to be a sustainable club for the future, eradicate all debt, build up revenue for future years... Many clubs would be envious that we have a playing list of 65+ and have an ever-improving culture that is a far-cry from perceptions people may once have had of the Laverton Magpies FC...
All im saying is in this day n age i find it hard to beleive that the clubs top senior players would play for nicks. It would be great if you could go to the WRFL committee of managements meeting and explain to all clubs how you guys get threw a season with no players budjet. If it works whatever way you guys do it keep going hopefully every other club will folow and decide to not pay as it has distroyed local footy.
Anyway ive been down and had many a drinks at your club and found it not bad at all. Its definately a better place now than before. (10yrs ago).
Hopefully the team i follow this year will come away with the points when we visit you guys.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarraville were VERY good last night in a practice match against Coburg. No scores were kept, though I reckon Yarraville won by 8+ goals. Both teams didnt look to be at full strength..Yarraville's new recruits stood out in the match. Interesting to hear other thoughts from people who were down watching the game...

Varcoe (or anyone else who was there last night!), how did the Tulla recruits go and did all the ex Albanvale boys play? How did Coburgs structures look?

Are you talking about base payments being $0. Because i know that the best players each week are paid incentives similar to Wyndamvale a few years ago.

Are you talking about base payments being $0. Because i know that the best players each week are paid incentives similar to Wyndamvale a few years ago.

Mate when i played under 14's we had incentives. Everyone does that. Dinner for 2 at the pub $50 cash.... Thats only somthing that the players in the best get

Mate when i played under 14's we had incentives. Everyone does that. Dinner for 2 at the pub $50 cash.... Thats only somthing that the players in the best get

no doubt everyone does it, point being that they may still spend say 7 or 8k on incentives so player budget is not 0.

And if it is good luck to them. Does it really matter whether they spend 0 or 30K.

Who cares what who spends, horses for courses

Evo comes on here spruiking but at least Wyndham vale have improved.

There have been several reasons I have been on here since I started coaching and now as football manager. First it was to just get the clubs name out there and for people to get an honest opinion of the VALES. Since those early dark days it has of the club I have tried to be pretty straight forward to the local footy people with both this forum and the radio stints. There is always alot of rumour and uninformed speculation Regaurding clubs and my idea was to inform on what was really happening. Since then I give my opinion on things I want to contribute to because I love local footy and take great pride in doing everything I can to keep the vales improving and also to learn about other clubs and players. But in saying that I was always very confident that what me and Luke and the higher achy of the club were doing would make the vales improve BUT I prob would not have been on here or the radio stuff if we didn't.

I am firmly of the belief that everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how good or bad or insulting it may be. I reckon that this forum is great for a bit of debate and it sets up a bit of a challenge to find out if what is said is truth, rumour or crap... Lol We are so close to the season do lets talk about more important things....

I visited both the Glen Ordan intra club and the the Yarra V Coburg game on Thursday night and thought that I was in heavan... I was watching genuine local footy again... How good is it... For those that may not of seen me at the Yarra game I was the good looking and charming bloke standing on the back of my ute with the video camera on the far wing... I tried to blend in and be as inconspicuous as possible but I don't think it worked ... Haha to early to tell on all teams as yet but Yarra did look pretty fit and seemed to link up well and look to have added a bit of pace to their lineup with topalidis, harmes and the big fella at chb. And Coburg appear to be trying to go more direct through the inclusion of Lucas and big Broad is looking very fit. I would imagine both sides have only treated it as a really good competitive blowout as the frowns was shortened and little league goal posts used...
Good to see rm in action tho this early on.

And for the knob jockey that kept asking about a month ago (whisperer??)...BONE plated twos and had 49 touches, 9 marks, 3 smothers, 4 powerades, 2 pies, 1 hotdog, 5 dimsims and no chance of dropping below the 100kg mark lol played well tho. Apologies to mr Bone I hope u can laugh this one off... I'm a fat man myself haha

All im saying is in this day n age i find it hard to beleive that the clubs top senior players would play for nicks. It would be great if you could go to the WRFL committee of managements meeting and explain to all clubs how you guys get threw a season with no players budjet. If it works whatever way you guys do it keep going hopefully every other club will folow and decide to not pay as it has distroyed local footy.
Its definately a better place now than before.:thumbsu:

Iy caant beleive how schokin your spelink is. Yew definately distroyed the englissh langauge :D

Both lavo and the vales are doing excellent jobs of improving their clubs on and off the field and hopefully the good people at those clubs can hang around and continue their work. The WRFL certainly needs them to.

Just shows how long it takes to change people's perceptions about anything they have already formed an opinion on. Keep up the good work Justin and evo.

Justin you and your babble is unbelievble you have 60+ guys yes but are any of them actually any good and replace the players you have lost.

Kennedy
Wells
Driver
Bell
Smith
Murray

And all the fringe players you have lost!

Answer - NO

Justin you and your babble is unbelievble you have 60+ guys yes but are any of them actually any good and replace the players you have lost.

Kennedy
Wells
Driver
Bell
Smith
Murray

And all the fringe players you have lost!

Answer - NO

Your first ever Bigfooty post and what a great start!

You seem to have the answers but if you genuinely care come down this week as we now train Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6pm at Altona Green for a couple more weeks before a return to our great ground (currently our 1st and 2nds are playing in a cricket GF).

I am confident, we are confident and now we'll see what transpires over the course of the season... P.S. some of those names you may find still playing at Laverton in 2012 and perhaps a return of another very handy ex-Laverton player among others that you may see if you come down for a look!

Thanks for your interest and feel free to get involved as a sponsor or match day helper as we could still do with some more off-field support to help us achieve the best we can this season!

Western front had some good points, but any criticism of laverton gets deleted. Find it funny that you can flood these pages with crap, but as soon as your criticized, you get it deleted. Stop sooking and realize that it's a two way street and the more you put on here, the more your open for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back