WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont want to go to early as its only round 3 and there is a long way to go but are Yarraville trying to do a Deer Park ? Hardly noticed a player from last year in their side other than a handful.

It pains me to say it, but they will be bloody hard to beat this year!

About 13 blokes in the side that played last year

I wouldnt say Glenorden are the benchmark because of a 29 goal win over Laverton. From all reports there is a heap of trouble at Laverton with most of the better players walking out.

West Foots and Albanvale have both kicked 55 goals against Nth Sunshine and Laverton could only manage to kick 28-29. They also lost to Braybrook who lost the week after to Yarraville by 35 goals.

I would say that probably the top 6-7 sides will flog Laverton this year..

With my boys having the bye i ventured down to the Yarraville / Parkside game. Did not think i was going to witness that type of result.

Dont want to go to early as its only round 3 and there is a long way to go but are Yarraville trying to do a Deer Park ? Hardly noticed a player from last year in their side other than a handful.

It pains me to say it, but they will be bloody hard to beat this

Plenty of Yarraville players from last year and old Yarraville players that have been elsewhere and are now back at the club! Plus they are spending a qtr of what deer park did lol

Dear Moderator, please do not delete the aforementioned post. It further highlights why we as a club (coaching staff, playing group and committee) chose to not allow the return of this individual to our club and hence his (and followers) constant bagging of myself and our our club.

As for the 'constant' comments of people taking out of context the article that said we 'could' win a premiership this or next season, the only statement I 'truly' made was that we as a side were capable (at that point in time) of making finals and if we did and all fell into place that anything could happen (and if momentum built and we kept the players we wanted and needed plus attracted more) as I truly believe that the top 8 sides have (or had at that time) a realistic chance of making finals.

Since then however we have lost some key new additions we thought we had that have done an about face and left after signing clearances into us and we have had a few other players move on as well which at the time of the article thought we were 100% Laverton footballers through and through and would not leave... When we don't have monetary contracts like most/all other clubs do then we have no hold on these players and they can leave if and when they want.

If we continue to have players leave then sure we will be no chance of playing finals, but being a positive and optimistic person that I am (and not a salesman) and if we can keep our current list and have a few key players that we have out with injury/unavailibility then the race for a top 5 spot is very well open and we are only into round 3. All going to plan we can and will still make finals.... BUT, a lot will have to fall into place.

Having the 'negative' destructive cancer/s move on from our club may cause short-term pain but hopefully long-term gain.

The Laverton Magpies FC are a proud club and people either love us or hate us and we can wear that but as of last Thursday night we had a list of 76 players and I would expect many players within that group not to like me nor my approach, but that is footy and happens at every club.

Well done to Glenorden on Saturday's win, they are a quality and very well prepared and drilled side and in my honest opinion, the best side I have seen in my 3 years as a coach in div 2 (Deer Park 2011 being the best). Scoreboard told the story but in our defence we had 4 players injured and unable to see out the game from just after half-time and we had 2 yellow cards rendering us 17 men on the ground for 30 mins (1 quarter)... Scores in that case will always blow out but again credit to Glenorden for not taking the foot off for 4 quarters.

Justin Moran

Well done to Glenorden on Saturday's win, they are a quality and very well prepared and drilled side and in my honest opinion, the best side I have seen in my 3 years as a coach in div 2 (Deer Park 2011 being the best). Scoreboard told the story but in our defence we had 4 players injured and unable to see out the game from just after half-time and we had 2 yellow cards rendering us 17 men on the ground for 30 mins (1 quarter)... Scores in that case will always blow out but again credit to Glenorden for not taking the foot off for 4 quarters.

Justin Moran

Very good read, their new recruits done very well from what i saw!

Ok let stop talking up sides that are paying way way to much for div2 it won't help them next year if they do win look at deer park!!!

So who do people class a gun in div.2 let's throw some names or number around for each team???

Ok let stop talking up sides that are paying way way to much for div2 it won't help them next year if they do win look at deer park!!!

So who do people class a gun in div.2 let's throw some names or number around for each team???

Well who do you class as a 'gun'? I would say after watching on the weekend that if Adam Jacobs played in a good side he'd kick alot of goals. Alot.

Well done Justin on post #682 - VERY well written

i hope the knockers can deal with this and move on.

as someone who was a junior at port colts a few years ago when the serious coin started getting thrown around, i think we should embrace ANY club trying to build a team NOT based on payment.

Plenty of Yarraville players from last year and old Yarraville players that have been elsewhere and are now back at the club! Plus they are spending a qtr of what deer park did lol

Who are the in form players at Yarraville at the moment? The new blokes or the old blokes? From past experience I know the internet doesn't mean much when it comes to the better players. Interested to know your thoughts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Moderator, please do not delete the aforementioned post. It further highlights why we as a club (coaching staff, playing group and committee) chose to not allow the return of this individual to our club and hence his (and followers) constant bagging of myself and our our club.

As for the 'constant' comments of people taking out of context the article that said we 'could' win a premiership this or next season, the only statement I 'truly' made was that we as a side were capable (at that point in time) of making finals and if we did and all fell into place that anything could happen (and if momentum built and we kept the players we wanted and needed plus attracted more) as I truly believe that the top 8 sides have (or had at that time) a realistic chance of making finals.

Since then however we have lost some key new additions we thought we had that have done an about face and left after signing clearances into us and we have had a few other players move on as well which at the time of the article thought we were 100% Laverton footballers through and through and would not leave... When we don't have monetary contracts like most/all other clubs do then we have no hold on these players and they can leave if and when they want.

If we continue to have players leave then sure we will be no chance of playing finals, but being a positive and optimistic person that I am (and not a salesman) and if we can keep our current list and have a few key players that we have out with injury/unavailibility then the race for a top 5 spot is very well open and we are only into round 3. All going to plan we can and will still make finals.... BUT, a lot will have to fall into place.

Having the 'negative' destructive cancer/s move on from our club may cause short-term pain but hopefully long-term gain.

The Laverton Magpies FC are a proud club and people either love us or hate us and we can wear that but as of last Thursday night we had a list of 76 players and I would expect many players within that group not to like me nor my approach, but that is footy and happens at every club.

Justin Moran

This is what i get from this essay

1) You must be a disgusting coach to have "many players within that group not to like me nor my approach"

2) You're delusional if you think that happens at every club.

3) You answered why the players left in your post without even knowing it by saying the players "dont like you" (dont respect you) at the club.

4) Doesn't matter if you have 45 players or 100 players if you cant fill in 22 players that are any good then your numbers become useless.

5) Having 2 players sent off in the 1 game just confirms the players dont give a s**t about you as a coach and Laverton as a club, so dont go on saying you're a "Proud Club".

6) Having 17 on the field doesnt mean the scores would blow out, if you're switched on then the position you dont field is the Forward Pocket meaning it has no real relevence to their scoring.

7) All in All i think for Laverton to have short term gain and "Long term gain" that would be caused from sacking where the drama is coming from and hear it sounds like the coach.

Who are the in form players at Yarraville at the moment? The new blokes or the old blokes? From past experience I know the internet doesn't mean much when it comes to the better players. Interested to know your thoughts

i would have to say that its been a real overall team effort from what ive seen and no real standouts. ;)

Poojabber- you say that if a side is reduced to 17 men that you lose a forward pocket and no damage is done.

Snap out of it bud. This is 2012. The days of the back pocket standing near the behind post went out with the 1990 ford falcon.
Good sides (like glen orden in this case) use all defensive positions as offensive positions these days. Whilst "back pocket" players won't kick bags, left unaccounted for they will set up plenty.

So before having a go at a bloke for trying his best, jog down to a local game this Saturday and see what you can pick up.

Chin up Justin, your doing the rights things from afar. In times of crisis or big losses, blokes with no ticker will run. Let them run mate.

Well Said Scoobiesnack, I think its takes alot of drive to steer a club into a positive direction and sometimes it takes alot of weeding out of the bad apples in a club. We all know that it is never an easy thing and Yes it happens at almost any club

Lavo of the old were renoun for being a bunch of rabble blokes who never cared about anything and most had the "ITs all about ME syndrome" The new Lavo that I have seen have Recruited blokes who may or may not have good skills BUT in my opinion if they stick around and continue to show support will help shape the club into a better place.

I noticed Glenorden have done the same, recruiting well with players who in this instance CAN play footy and also off track are a good bunch of blokes. "Poojabber" - what gives you ther right to say that Laverton isn't a proud Club? Anyone who goes out to play in their Jumper on the day is proud of their club regardless of the off field track, I'm sure North Sunshine feels the same and I commend them for week in week out for turning up to play a game of footy. No one enjoys being belted by 55 goals but hey you don't see anyone from their club coming on here telling everyone they have a s**t coach and thats why they are losing.

I wonder how different these conversations would be if their coach (North Sunshine) at the start of the season said "We have a side that could POSSIBLY make finals this year" Geez wouldn't we all give them s**t about it and say keep dreaming. Fact of the matter is no one or any coach knows how the seasons pans out but I believe everyone should be as optimistic and positive as Justin is about his club and team.

So to all clubs out there, wear your jumper with pride regardless of your off field track and get out there and play with integrity and mateship! You may or may not like the way your coach coaches but your there as a team to go through the good and the bad. It teaches you alot!

So Justin, I don't know you but just want to say, keep up the hard work and look forward to smashing your side again ;)

Come Prepared....

Poojabber- you say that if a side is reduced to 17 men that you lose a forward pocket and no damage is done.

Snap out of it bud. This is 2012. The days of the back pocket standing near the behind post went out with the 1990 ford falcon.
Good sides (like glen orden in this case) use all defensive positions as offensive positions these days. Whilst "back pocket" players won't kick bags, left unaccounted for they will set up plenty.

So before having a go at a bloke for trying his best, jog down to a local game this Saturday and see what you can pick up.

Chin up Justin, your doing the rights things from afar. In times of crisis or big losses, blokes with no ticker will run. Let them run mate.

learn to read the post before commenting i said having 17 on the ground shouldnt allow the team to score 10 goals in a quarter, not once did i ever say it has no reflection on the game.

Well Said Scoobiesnack, I think its takes alot of drive to steer a club into a positive direction and sometimes it takes alot of weeding out of the bad apples in a club. We all know that it is never an easy thing and Yes it happens at almost any club

Lavo of the old were renoun for being a bunch of rabble blokes who never cared about anything and most had the "ITs all about ME syndrome" The new Lavo that I have seen have Recruited blokes who may or may not have good skills BUT in my opinion if they stick around and continue to show support will help shape the club into a better place.

I noticed Glenorden have done the same, recruiting well with players who in this instance CAN play footy and also off track are a good bunch of blokes. "Poojabber" - what gives you ther right to say that Laverton isn't a proud Club? Anyone who goes out to play in their Jumper on the day is proud of their club regardless of the off field track, I'm sure North Sunshine feels the same and I commend them for week in week out for turning up to play a game of footy. No one enjoys being belted by 55 goals but hey you don't see anyone from their club coming on here telling everyone they have a s**t coach and thats why they are losing.

I wonder how different these conversations would be if their coach (North Sunshine) at the start of the season said "We have a side that could POSSIBLY make finals this year" Geez wouldn't we all give them s**t about it and say keep dreaming. Fact of the matter is no one or any coach knows how the seasons pans out but I believe everyone should be as optimistic and positive as Justin is about his club and team.

So to all clubs out there, wear your jumper with pride regardless of your off field track and get out there and play with integrity and mateship! You may or may not like the way your coach coaches but your there as a team to go through the good and the bad. It teaches you alot!

So Justin, I don't know you but just want to say, keep up the hard work and look forward to smashing your side again ;)

Come Prepared....

Do you people actually read the posts?
I said how are the players proud to put on their jumper when 2 of them are getting sent off in the same game, clearly shows they dont give a stuff, i never mentioned getting smashed means you're not proud so dont talk dribble and put words in to my mouth

Everyone should get of Moran's back, Lavo aren't a good side however at least the bloke puts his name to what he says even if half of you think it is lip service!

Gppd on him for having a crack, standing up for what he believes in and perhaps he should consider playing again as his on field leadership could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back