Your clubs draft needs

Remove this Banner Ad

KPD is the most salient need by a very long way. We have the worst KPDs and KPD depth in the afl by a considerable margin.

Ruck after that, although I feel we will get a mature ruck (prob a dfa)
Sam Tagliabue (Essendon VFL) is apparently on the Bulldogs radar.

Personally, we're lacking KPP depth, and a couple of mids would be nice. I'm hoping we go something like:

4: Aaron Francis
5: Sam Weideman
24: Kieran Lovell
25: Sam Skinner
57: Michael Hartley

As well as upgrading Shaun McKernan

I must be missing something but I would have thought EFC would be after mids and more mids. Maybe 1 tall forward. Your KP players are the envy of most clubs. Maybe someone to play alongside Daniher.

I must be missing something but I would have thought EFC would be after mids and more mids. Maybe 1 tall forward. Your KP players are the envy of most clubs. Maybe someone to play alongside Daniher.
Misconception. Have Hurley, Hooker and Gwilt as solid defenders or better and Daniher up forward. Have 1 KPP under 25 in Daniher.

Vozzo has said mids and talls.

Think we need an inside mid and a tall with 23/31.

Best available with 62 and rookie picks.

For our 5 picks probably:
- 1-2 mids
- 1-2 talls
- 1-2 small def or forward
I would have said an OUTSIDE midfielder with pace in preference to an inside type.

A crumbing small forward, linebreaking outside mid/half back with elite skills and a key forward to develop in the VFL.

You're probably right. Although ideally we'd grab one of each (Hutch the only inside mid outside our best 22 of any note). And also grab a tall. Then maybe a s/m defender or forward.
Think the only way to go in a thin draft is to take best available no matter who that may be.

It is the only way to reduce the risk and we have most of the bases covered at the moment..

Dees need to nab Parish at 3. Hoping for Curnow or Weideman at 7. Which ever one is available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking towards the rookie draft, hoping we get a ruckman like Nyuon, as well as Tom Wallis and Dan Coghlan with the other picks (with Will Hams being rookied)

Looking towards the rookie draft, hoping we get a ruckman like Nyuon, as well as Tom Wallis and Dan Coghlan with the other picks (with Will Hams being rookied)

I would be looking to a young KPF rather than two 'mature inside mids' (Cogs & Hams) as well as that ruck we desperately need.

Blues have gone the looooooong term investments. Got to be happy with that, even acknowledging that it's pretty unlikely that all of Weitering, McKay and Curnow turn out to be good AFL players. 2016 is gonna be rough, though, as there's minimal instant impact here methinks (talls take time, yada yada).

I would be looking to a young KPF rather than two 'mature inside mids' (Cogs & Hams) as well as that ruck we desperately need.
I would rather a young kpf over Hams but the club seems set on redrafting him.

Blues have gone the looooooong term investments. Got to be happy with that, even acknowledging that it's pretty unlikely that all of Weitering, McKay and Curnow turn out to be good AFL players. 2016 is gonna be rough, though, as there's minimal instant impact here methinks (talls take time, yada yada).

I'd be more bullish if I was you. Weitering is a lock for CHB and I wouldn't be surprised if Curnow works his way into a lock at CHF by halfway through the year.

I love the idea and I hope you're right... but history suggests the talls are *never* ready to go at AFL level, no matter how good they look at juniors. They just don't have the body to match up with 25yos. All I'm after is glimpses from these young talls in 2016, that's all we need. If they are locks in their first season then we really have some special things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back