Usage for hash tag: 9,

1. LordLucifer

Recommitted Clayton Oliver [re-signed until 2030]

...try 2. AA - try 1. Shiel went for two firsts so there's your benchmark. Dangerfield, who has won everything bar a premiership medal, went for #9, #28 & Dean Gore with #50 coming back the other way. And 'no', I wouldn't accept anything for those two because they will never be on the market.
  2. Taylor

List Mgmt. 2020 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Here it is: GWS were given #1, #3, #5, #7, #9, #11, #13, #15, Phil Davis, Rhys Palmer, Callan Ward, Tom Scully then access to Bugg, Cameron, Darley, Golds, Growden (easy Joao ), Harding, Hombsch, Shiel, Treloar, Tunbridge, Ugle, Wilson, Shaun Edwards, Hampton, Aylett, Josh Bruce, Sam Schulz...
  3. Taylor

North have #2, #9, #25, #57, #65, #75 He played every game this season for us, so what will we expect to get for our new pick #57?
  4. Stamos

Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Not being obtuse. "Whatever it takes" to do a trade with Dodo is often ridiculous. Last year he rejected #5 + #9, and then #9 + FF (#3) for a broken down Daniher. Now, while I don't expect him to be so idiotic this time around, it's possible. We should make a reasonable offer (a pick in the...
  5. Marstermind

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

If we can wear going to a draft with #2, #7 and #9, we can wear Browny wearing that poxy red sash.
  6. Taylor

...has taken picks #13 and #19 as top twenty draft picks total in the last seven years (Since Cripps was drafted)? Compared to Fremantle which has used: #2, #5, #7, #8, #8, #9, #13, #17 and #17 You're making my point for me. Hawthorn has not had the high picks injected into their side like we...
  7. wayToGo_

Toast Caleb Serong 2020 Rising Star

In #3 he is next to Darcy #4 and Cerra #5 in the locker room with Fyfe #7, Brayshaw #8, Acres #9, Walters #10, Aish #11 (so pretty much the entire starting midfield) with Logue #2 and Hogan #1 on the other side. In #22 he is going to have two new teammates next to him in #23 and #24 with...
  8. AndysAngels

Rank your team

...on a set of pretty arbitrary criteria, but I guess these ranks mostly reflects my thoughts on their importance to the team. Rioli and Venables not included; Rioli slots in at #9, Venables #20 Patron thoughts? Ryan at 9 feels harsh; will go top 4 or 5 in our B&F, but tough to put him any higher
  9. Taylor

Game Day Ruckbowl 2020 (Rd 18 Vs Dogs)

...60 - we will drop below Carlton on the ladder to hold pick #7, which will drop back to #11. If we win we will go above GWS which will mean pick #9, which will drop to #14 It's important to remember that we will also have the compensation picks for Corr, Williams, Cameron going to GWS before...
  10. kool kangas

Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

...all the restrictions he has had to deal with in his first full season as coach and we will surprise a lot of people...l dont mind the idea of offering up our 2021 first pick for Gold Coasts 2020 first pick #5 if we could get it done. Then we have #2, #5, #9, and #25 as our first 4 picks this...
  11. roos_fanatic08

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

...Polec HF: Taylor, Larkey, Higgins F: Thomas, Brown, Zurhaar Foll: Goldstein, Simpkin, LDU Int & Depth: Anderson, Dumont, Scott, Ziebell, Perez Pick #2, Pick #9, Walker, Bonar, Atley, Mahoney, Hayden, McMillan The only thing I see missing from that side is a quality genuine small crumbing forward
  12. iluvparis

Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

...should get him a penalty to get into the field and he is absolutely thrown in at the weights. Top pick once he lands 3 - RUSSIAN CAMELOT (LW #9, $10.50) - I was always a doubter but now I am converted. Could be the next So You Think. Third of the big 3 only because it sounds like Cox Plate is...
  13. iluvparis

Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

...of placings 8 - DASHING WILLOUGHBY (LW #8, $38) - Remains the standard English plodder that is generally not good enough 9 - RUSSIAN CAMELOT (LW #9, $12.5) - Resumes this week so expect big movement one way or the other 10 - NICKAJACK CAVE (LW ur, $32) - Like an Irish Dashing Willoughby - the...
  14. Kane McGoodwin

Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

...picks, would look to target a trade with a side which has a 1st rounder then a big gap to their next pick. E.g. Bullies currently have pick #9, then #38... & need points to match... & we could avoid bidding pick #1, maybe #2. So Bullies pick #9 (1469 points) for picks #20 (912) & #39 Atkins...
  15. wayToGo_

Toast Welcome to Freo Caleb Serong– Fremantle’s 2nd 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #8]

...been happy with Henry. In the end our move meant they got neither and we got 3 top 10 players. As it turned out they bid on Henry anyway at pick #9, even though it served no benefit to them other than giving them more time to then eventually trade away pick #9 (which became #11 after the two...
  16. Taylor

Our First Pick - The Deficit - We have pick 10!

By the same token, if Henry was rated 14-20 and the bid came at #9, should they have passed? Sometimes you have the eat the sandwich in your hand and stop daydreaming about the steak. We had two gun players fall to our pick, then Carlton bid on our player so they could trade for a much later...
  17. Taylor

...meaning they effectively trade Papley for Campbell, which isn't ideal. Carlton currently hold pick #9. Trade that for Papley. Trade #9 to Freo for our 2021 first round pick. Then we have #6, #9 which becomes #8 and #9 after deficit. With "our" first being pick #9, Carlton's former pick...
  18. Taylor

Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

...agency compensation picks, that would be pick #20 and #29 - that's 1565 points, the equivalent of about pick #8. The Dogs currently hold pick #9, worth 1469 points. Their bid should come before that pick. They have #9, #38 and #46 I would be offering #20 and #29 for their #9 pick. I expect...
  19. Damon_3388

Izak Rankine

The Crows had picks #9, #16, #19 and #24 at the start of the 2018 Draft. They traded #19 for a future pick, and downgraded the #24 to #30. I really don't think the currency was there (when you factor in where GC's list was at, and the prospects on offer) to prise #2 and #3 away from the Suns.
  20. Damon_3388

Izak Rankine

Adelaide's first pick was at #9, Rankine was selected at #3... I pegged this guy to be the next Jimmy Toumpas, due to his slight frame and early injury woes. Good on him on a great debut though. Keen to see how he goes on with it from here.
  21. dogwatch

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

...injury. 2000 - Laurence Angwin (Adelaide #7, 4 games) ... could have had Shaun Burgoyne (#12), Daniel Kerr (#18) 2001 - Luke Molan (Melbourne #9, 0 games) ... Nick dal Santo (#13) Stevie Johnson (#24) 2002 - Tim Walsh (Western Bulldogs #4, 1 game) ... Jarrad McVeigh (#5), Andrew Mackie #7)...
  22. Taylor

Freo currently have: #2, #24, #93, #111 Adelaide hold: #1, #7, #20, #22, #39, #54, #71 Geelong: #4, #9, #11, #28 I'd be surprised if we don't hold a top 25 pick from at least one of those teams by draft time.
  23. Buckleys Jocks

Transfer discussion thread

...wages involved with this Cavani deal so am happy to miss out as well. I don't think we need to target youth though, Greenwood is the future there, and right now we've got Martial who is still learning his craft as a #9, so an experienced signing for the short term would be a smarter move I think.
  24. Vader

Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

...in McAsey, and Freo were also not interested in trading down (allowing another club to gazump us). Thus, we would still be able to get McAsey at #9, and may be able to gain something else into the bargain. The deal fell through for 2 fundamental reasons: Carlton were only interested in...
  25. RPCB

The Association Football AFL Thread

I wanted Kemp at #9, so to get him at #17 and then another crack at a first round pick is fine with me. I would have been thrilled with Robertson but sometimes necessity trumps best available. We shall see what the club has in Philp. Too close to call for the backend of the 1st round.
  26. Taylor

Game Day Draft Day 2019! Picks: 7, 8, 9, 67, 82, 86, 88

Rough night. Wanted either Stephens, Young or Serong at #9, all gone before then.
  27. Bamboo Harvester

List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

...been mentioned that list managers have a fairly good idea on who is taking who early on in the draft. Cows will still get their man in McAsey at #9, so anything else would just be a bonus for them. It's an interesting one, given we'd already given up our future 2nd and 3rd round picks for...
  28. wayToGo_

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

If a bid comes in around #9, and we go into ~600 points deficit for a 1st next year then I think that just triggers us to trade our future 1st to buy back into this draft. We still have 2 x future 2nds so they'll let us trade our future 1st. And there is no point keeping it if we are going to...
  29. Stamos

List Mgmt. Carlton's 2019 Draft Thread

I don't know how it would even work trade wise (ie our future 1st). And given what we know about numerous clubs wanting #9, perhaps our future 2nd could be involved, but our future 1st doesn't make sense. eg, #9 + 2020 2nd for #14 + #17 (although #43 would be better for us than future 2nd, I'd...
  30. HARKER

List Mgmt. Pick 9

...have enough of those types - The players that simply won't lie down and demand others to follow them. I didn't have Robertson in the picture for #9, but if he has 'it' we could do a lot worse. It's very difficult to gauge ones will from a few clips or even broadcast matches, but there don't...
Back