If You Were a Billionaire.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2007
Tir na n'Og
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Team Tibet
.......apart from ending world hunger, buying a Legends Membership and hiring a box at the MCG, is there anything a bit different that you'd be able to do that's currently beyond your powers?

I've always wanted to spend a few days browsing the Biblioteca/Archivio Segreto - the Secret Library at the Vatican.

I'd also go on a world wildlife tour with David Attenborough as my guide.:)

I'd buy a subscription to "English Masterclass by Snag" Magazine. :thumbsu:
(oh.. and I'd free Palestine)

Holden-Torana_TT36_Hatch_Concept_2004_800x600_wallpaper_08.jpg

Buy this.
Then paint it.

Pay the members of Kyuss to reunite for a one-time-only concert for me and 20 mates.

Buy 100 pairs of skate shoes so I can live in a world of padded goodness.

Buy unlimited new socks. I love wearing new socks.

Pay Dave Mustaine to give guitar lessons to my partner.

Live in a Las Vegas hotel for a month and play poker every day.

Start up a micro brewing company making the world's best Apple Cider.

I've thought long and hard about this, as you can see.

Buy DTM a Tasmanian Lady of the night and perhaps her sister to make his holiday more rewarding.

If I had unlimited money I'd build a new stadium bigger than the MCG and give rights only to Collingwood :D

But, as a Billionaire...

I would:

Offer the Collingwood Football Club any financial assistance they require. Buy a few more memberships? :D

Go on a holiday to the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi. :eek: Travel the world.

Build a big, new house with my own gym, pool, sauna and a big theater especially for Footy :D With at least a 5 car garage to put new cars in.

I'm sure I could think of other things :p

A rolling tour of Europe - London, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Copenhagen and Norway:-
* Spend some time immersing myself in some of the older galleries.
* Learn to cook like the locals.
* Watch Euro 2010 in corporate seats.
* Get the guys from Top Gear to drive me from London -> Switzerland and back in a lamborghini
* Renew my wedding vows in an ice hotel under the glow of the northern lights
* Build a design 'factory' with the intent of making sustainable transport and living both affordable and damn sexy.
* Take a rolling live show with 50 of my favourite music and circus acts on a cruise ship a-la The Flaming Lips' psychadelic voyages, stopping all major cities
* Any money left? Cool - I'd buy up all the crappy modern apartments around Docklands and donate them to the homeless, to low-income families and to refugees. They're no less deserving of the view.

Think I'd buy a nice house on a huge bit of land over looking the beach in either Flinders or Shoreham, have me couple of dogs, and enjoy the rest of my life, travel the world and maybe buy a nice car and a nice boat.

That would do me. I'd give the majority of what is left over away to my family, friends and charity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd probably have to:

-Not work(only 6 more years:thumbsu:)
-Dovote money and my time to helping less fortunate to make up for me not working.
-Go on that secret millionaire(as a billionaire >.<) show I would love to help that way.
-Travel to Africa and have a money shower pouring out $10millionAUD. Out of a blimp.
-Relax and enjoy life.

Hrmmm..... well....

- I'd probalby do the responsible thing & give a little to my parents so they can pay off whatever they need to.
- I'd devote a year to travelling around Australia every weekend to watch the Pies play.... that would be interesting. Plus buy whatever membership I wanted lol
- I'd buy a few houses, mansions more like it, one on the waterfront somewhere & another in the country with acres of land (some manicured gardens etc).
- Travel around the world: all through Europe, parts of America & lots of places.
- I'd set myself up for the future
- I'd go shopping!!
- Buy my mum a new car ('cause I can see my wrecking it while I'm learning to drive)
- Buy myself some hot car.... dunno what, just something good

uummm..... I'm sure there's lots more, but I've probably run outa money already lol

I'd put it all in a term deposit and become a squillionaire

Pretty sure banks wouldn't allow it. They don't want to lose that much money + if you have that much why do you want more.

You'd be set.

All I want is about 7-8 million so I can retire and live off the interest of about $200k a year after tax (without calculating it).

I'm not greedy :)

With a billion... I'd give a massive amount of it away. Some to charity, but moreso to people who have made an impact in my own life, family, friends etc. Either giving them money or buying them expensive gifts that would change their lives for the better (ie, houses). Some good people I don't actually know (ie, Pie Eyed) would also benefit as they too have done something for me in the past.

The ability to give money away and change the lives of many people far outweighs the ability to say 'I have a billion dollars.'

wow.. billions... id bd buy an ancient spartan solidiers complete war suit (helment to foot guard) and the heads of alexander the great and phillp
- build collingwood its own 80,000 members only stadium with seats for myself and friends just like the one in the heineken commercial...
- hire scientists that could turn arid land into thriving areas of food production to help poor countries actually feed themselves as opposed to having to wait for good people such as bono to create awareness of the dire needs these people have.....
- i would buy nice ferrari enzo as an every day run around..

id also re-populate all the fish stocks around victorian piers... and id make sure there would be a special ranger on every boat ramp to stop people over fishing and ruining it for everyone else...

and finally id build the magpie inn on santori island.. collingwood b/f memebers would have priorority free access...

good thread... but the possibilties when you have billions are too many... ud need to hire someone just to take down your ideas...

Oh, I've got another one.....
I'd personally pay for Nathan Buckley to have a new pair of hamstrings. whether they be mechanical or robotic or donated or superhuman-awesome ones.... just something.... a n y t h i n g . . . . .

Oh, I've got another one.....
I'd personally pay for Nathan Buckley to have a new pair of hamstrings. whether they be mechanical or robotic or donated or superhuman-awesome ones.... just something.... a n y t h i n g . . . . .
Nathan Buckley clone?

Couple of houses, a yacht, few cars and many, many, many holidays. Then just enjoy being able to do what I want without having to worry about the cost involved.

I would by a volcanic island and build a secret rocket base within.
I would stock it with a huge staff of "henchmen" and sultry young lass's of all shapes and sizes who's entire wardrobe consisted of pastel colored 60's style bikinis.

All the vehicles would have my personal logo emblazoned on them. This would be a geometric Magpie design.
I would have two assistants named No.1 and No.2.
An Olympic pool filled with beer in which several large bowls full of cooked, peeled Tiger Prawns would always be floating.

I would fly to the mainland via helicopter to watch matches at my discretion.
In my spare time I would invest in medical research into the obvious major killers as well as birth control, which seems to have been totally forgotten since governments discovered there was not going to be enough taxpayers to pay their super, and get some real facts about global warming.

I would set up a charity which assists australian families to buy their own homes, both constructing and selling a realistic prices as well as providing mortgages at fair rates. I would lobby the state governments to stop gouging home buyers with hidden taxes and levies on land and home purchases.

I would then run for federal politics on a"Return to valid Government" platform and if elected help build a Government which provides the basic services a Government should before anything else.

Free Medical to every citizen.
Free Education to every citizen.
Free and fair support in old age to every citizen.

After that I would start to try and deal with some really tough issues like world poverty and social inequality.
By then I should be pretty well dead.

Or....I might buy a $billion dollars worth of scotch and attempt to become the first "human pickle"....but I don't think so.

To be honest if I won a billion dollars the heart attack would probably kill me so it will be my wife's problem...a billion doilies...?

Billionaire?

Buy plenty of property in the middle of the CBD - Various buildings, commercial and residential. Buy some property in other cities - New York, London etc.

I don't think I'd really have to plan it out after that... Doing whatever I felt like would probably only spend my returns on investments.

There are some very noble ideas about solving world hunger and the like, but I think most in here are failing to realise that there are ALREADY billions being devoted to research in these fields. Unfortunately, you can't just throw money at problems and make them go away... At the very least, you can't throw a couple of billion at them.

My estate would be set up to be self-perpetuating, with trust funds for my family and a charitable foundation with a large endowment (insert penis/breast joke here), but I wouldn't pretend to be solving world hunger or the AIDS epidemic in doing so. I'd say the focus of the charity would be microcredit - The process of extending very small loans to people in third world countries, often as small as $250, that allow them to do things such as build wells or plant crops and subsequently make themselves much more self-sufficient. The Grameen Bank in Bangladesh and it's founder Muhammad Yunus won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2006 for their efforts, so I think my money would be well directed in that direction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back