"Do you want to get some free range eggs?"

"you're a free range egg"

lol

"pass me the blu tack"

"you're a blu tack"

:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Singstar and Just Dance.
I don't hate listening to Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Avril.
I own an Apple product.

:confused:

99% of people born after 1980 (and many before) own an apple product.

I mean if you own a pink iPod with Hello Kitty stickers all over the back then you're probably a shirt lifter, otherwise you're just a sheep like everyone else.

Yeah, I think you might be slightly overestimating Apple's popularity, brah.

I dunno about that. Given the number of Apple devotees on a ratio of total Apple products owned to total population in the age bracket I reckon 99% is spot on.:D

Yeah Hoffy95, Apple do made good products but their success is largely driven by marketing and consumer perception. They are a very successful business, but I'm not convinced their small electronics products are that much better than their competitors. It's a bit like 90% of people buying Commodores and 10% Falcons because the former is 'cooler' when both are fairly comparable.

With iPhones and iPods they basically sit in the opposite position to that of their desktop computers and laptops. Most people have a Windows PC because it's just easier and everyone else does while there is nothing wrong with the alternative (Apple) and those that have them tend to swear by it. FTR, I have an Android smart phone which is so-so in terms of quality but travelling around and using multiple computers I'm glad I don't have to deal with iTunes.

Caesar, I recently bought 1000 thread count sheets. I have no idea what my regular sheets are but I figure since 1000 is the biggest number I've seen printed on a packet of sheets they must be pretty good.

I've started mixing drinks with soda water rather than Coke to cut down on sugar. It's 'next day stomach feeling like it's going to fall out' avoidance rather than a health thing - does that count?

Yeah Hoffy95, Apple do made good products but their success is largely driven by marketing and consumer perception. They are a very successful business, but I'm not convinced their small electronics products are that much better than their competitors. It's a bit like 90% of people buying Commodores and 10% Falcons because the former is 'cooler' when both are fairly comparable.
I don't know about that. I am not a big fan of Apple, and they are very overrated when it comes to things like build quality. But one thing they are absolutely brilliant at is making products that eliminate so-called 'pain points'.

There were portable MP3 players before the iPod, tablet PCs before the iPad, smartphones before the iPhone, etc. but none of them were anywhere near as successful. It wasn't because Apple reinvented the wheel, but it was because they turned the product into something that is just so freaking pleasant and easy to use.

I can give my 58yo mother an iPod or an iPhone and although she's a complete technophobe, she can work out basically how to use it within a few hours - and she won't forget, because it's intuitive. Try the same thing with my BlackBerry and she'd be useless.

Apple products might not always be the best or the most innovative or the most functional, but in nearly every case they are by far the most user-friendly. That's a massive selling point in the consumer market.

Caesar, I recently bought 1000 thread count sheets. I have no idea what my regular sheets are but I figure since 1000 is the biggest number I've seen printed on a packet of sheets they must be pretty good.
I have heard that once you get to about 400, anything else is much of a muchness. I don't know, since I've never tried anything higher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back