Eddie Betts

What do you think of the AFC recruiting Eddie Betts?

• Yes, $500k is fine

Votes: 205 61.6%
  • Yes, but we're paying too much

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • No, not worth the money

Votes: 45 13.5%
  • No, just do not want at any price.

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My bad, I did mean half empty

Vader you said Alex not me :D
Bit of an old joke really. Some see the glass as being half full. Some see the glass as being half empty. An engineer sees the glass and realises that it's twice as big as it needs to be.

Outstanding news today, with the signing of Betts. Fills a desperate need in our team - the quality small crumbing forward, who is actually capable of reading the play and knows where to run (without having to be led to the ball by his opponent).

Let's hope that this is just the first stage of a trade period in which our club starts the process of getting itself back on track, in the safe hands of Noble (who proved himself to be an outstanding operator when given the chance in 2011).

With big tex back and betts well your fwd line looks very good to me and just what you need. Betts finally gets to crum off some big forwards for a change and could kick 40 goals for the year

Hey guys just popping by tobsay that I love Adelaide's style when they are on song and I hope Betts does well with you guys.

Interested to see how he goes undernearth Walker, Jenkins and Lynch since he was a top ten in the comp for goal kicking last year despite us having no key forward to kick to.

Massive respect for blues fans at the moment considering what we went through last year when the Swan supporting, "blood culture" pushing flogs invading our forums.

Totally agree.

I think there is a bit more respect with how Betts is going about it too. We were much the same when my man Ivan (still getting over that), and then Knighta parted ways too. Different situations obviously as those guys weren't getting games, but the respect is still showing through.

Just a question for you guys not here to troll

What do you guys think of the betts deal , I'm too lazy to read 77 pages but wanna know of you think it was money well spent , I understand your in a different position with the draft so just a question

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While im Sad to see Eddie leave all I can say is Thank You, great service and a excellent Rookie selection who has given us great service and I don't begrudge Eddie taking the Big $$$ that the Crows are offering him. Good luck to him and to the Crows supporters who will get great enjoyment from having Amigo 1 at there club. Just remember Eddie your not to kick any goals against the Blues when ever Carlton and Adelaide play. Thank You and Good Bye Eddie..

Just a question for you guys not here to troll

What do you guys think of the betts deal , I'm too lazy to read 77 pages but wanna know of you think it was money well spent , I understand your in a different position with the draft so just a question
High price but fills a need we have now and have had for a long time.

Got an amazing talent on your hands here guys.
All of us are sad to see him go, but we know why he has left.
Not because he didn't love Carlton or guys like Yaz, Robbo, Dangles & Jeffy.
He left simply because he wanted to be closer to family and an offer from the Crows to good to refuse.

BTW, is the No.19 available? I really have no idea.

Stiffy has retired vacating the #18. I imagine Betts may inherit this, which I feel may be a nice touch.

Reading all the carlton fan posts makes me even happier that Eddie will be joining our club next year. Show's how great he is as a man and as a footballer. Even though he's no longer at Carlton the fans still respect him. True gentleman. Good on you Eddie!! :D

Actually you've been far more savage on the AFC than I have. Every post that questions all our dud young players is basically tipping the bucket on the coach, recruiters, selection panel, list managers and football department as a whole.

Somehow you don't see it that way.

You've created this delusion where you think you are supportive of the club yet pour scorn on the fruits of their labours - the players they've recruited, developed and selected. This is the football clubs only reason for being, you rubbish it at every turn, and call others negative.

It's a bit like the happy delusion you built for yourself when you defended every decision Craig made resolutely but also tried to acknowledge that the club was "right" to get rid of him.

Love the admin, hate the players? Who does that? :D

Im not sure this is a good move.

He is a smart footballer, we don't usually like those do we?

Really tho, Love the move. Cant wait to watch him, just probably means Callinan will miss out. Unless....

Callinan Walker Betts

Callinan retires next year and Thomas comes in.

Oooooo.

Betts will add a X-Factor the crows have not had for many years, not just his sneaky goals but he will be a jet at goal assists

Welcome Eddy :thumbsu:

Back