Buddy's contract killing Sydney's depth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 of those players have played about 8 games between them :rolleyes:
And you want me to take you seriously

Agree, both lists are pretty even. Dont forget Perris though.

I might be biased, but I'd go wit the swans list. Mitchell, Hannebery, and Perris should/would have all been top 5 picks, arguably top 3.

Thankyou, some reasoned discussion, I left a few out from both sides
Perris
Heatherly
Tatupu

It's only natural for you to choose the Syd list, you're more familiar with it, it is also a pretty good list.
I was merely pointing out the Hawks youth isn't too bad.

Thankyou, some reasoned discussion, I left a few out from both sides
Perris
Heatherly
Tatupu

It's only natural for you to choose the Syd list, you're more familiar with it, it is also a pretty good list.
I was merely pointing out the Hawks youth isn't too bad.

umm....i went back and changed my mind on second glance, edits on previous page.

: /

I think Im still being reasonable, but I admit I dont know enough about Hallahan Woodward O'Brien.

So, because you don't know them they are "spuds", because the Hawks didn't have a bad run with injury and weren't forced to play them they are "spuds". OK.:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Mate if you've been on the list for as long as some of those guys you probably should have played atleast 1 game

Agree, both lists are pretty even. Dont forget Perris though.

I might be biased, but I'd go wit the swans list. Mitchell, Hannebery, and Perris should/would have all been top 5 picks, arguably top 3.

Add to that the 2nd level of Reid, Parker, Jetta, Rohan, Johnson (fit)

Then the 3rd level potential of Membrey, Jack, Cunningham, Jones, Hewitt, and Nakkas...

...actually on second thought its not that even...imo Sydney have this comparison by a country mile, and I think most non-syd/hawk supporters would agree.

I like Gunston, Hill, Shiels, Duryea.....but not sure about the others.
Perris a top 5 pick?

In two years time we will have a stack of cash remaining in our cap to throw around following the retirements of our senior players who are about to finish up and of course the 'Buddy money' that's still left over. The last time we tanked, we won the flag four years later. So which ever path we take in the future, we are certain to win another flag or two given our current strike rate.

The Hawks, Swans & Cats have had one thing in common when going on to win multiple flags in these last 10 years.

Great off field management.

Great management makes the most of any rules provided by the AFL to help clubs out.
Melbourne have had high draft picks for a few years now but the bad management & decisions made by the management pretty much neutralised any benefit they may have been able to extract from such rules.

The Hawks were in the same position, struggling badly on field & barely surviving off field.

The Swans were a basket case after the Capper era, with Colless taking the reigns 20 years ago & pretty much getting us on track to where we are now.

Cook at Geelong has done the same.

Good management gets the most out of anything!

The Hawks, Swans & Cats have had one thing in common when going on to win multiple flags in these last 10 years.

Great off field management.

Great management makes the most of any rules provided by the AFL to help clubs out.
Melbourne have had high draft picks for a few years now but the bad management & decisions made by the management pretty much neutralised any benefit they may have been able to extract from such rules.

The Hawks were in the same position, struggling badly on field & barely surviving off field.

The Swans were a basket case after the Capper era, with Colless taking the reigns 20 years ago & pretty much getting us on track to where we are now.

Cook at Geelong has done the same.

Good management gets the most out of anything!
Sydney can't have good management they're paying 2 guys 20% of their cap :rolleyes:

Perris a top 5 pick?

Everything I've read/heard has been that his is elite for his age. Won the Cameron Ling medal in the AIS, got top votes in 12 of 30 categories from the AIS players, touted as a guaranteed 1st round pick, Roos tried to nab him for melbourne, and eddie talked him up as a massive talent when complaining about the swans academy.

That said it has been hard to find info on him, kinda makes me think he has been kept under wraps, or there hasnt been much point talking about him given he was always gonna go straight to sydney. If I'm wrong about top 5 potential please correct me.

(hope im right. would be amazing to get mitchell and perris before the draft. definitely makes up for poor/average first round picks in previous years)

Mate if you've been on the list for as long as some of those guys you probably should have played atleast 1 game
You have no clue about hawthorns youth. Lets take hallahan for example, he hasnt played a game your saying he is a spud. But the only reason he hasent is the same reason your mob went out and poached kennedy, we allready have lewis, mitchell, hodge and sewell running though the guts. His time will come and you will eat your words.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jarrod 'priority pick' Roughhead
I thought priority picks were for average clubs not powerhouses like hawthorn :rolleyes:

So Collingwood isn't a powerhouse club based on that logic? Someone should tell them and their 100 000 members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything I've read/heard has been that his is elite for his age. Won the Cameron Ling medal in the AIS, got top votes in 12 of 30 categories from the AIS players, touted as a guaranteed 1st round pick, Roos tried to nab him for melbourne, and eddie talked him up as a massive talent when complaining about the swans academy.

That said it has been hard to find info on him, kinda makes me think he has been kept under wraps, or there hasnt been much point talking about him given he was always gonna go straight to sydney. If I'm wrong about top 5 potential please correct me.

(hope im right. would be amazing to get mitchell and perris before the draft. definitely makes up for poor/average first round picks in previous years)

Most recruiters had him going around pick 30 if available in the draft.

Sydney can't have good management they're paying 2 guys 20% of their cap :rolleyes:

I know you are trying to be sarcastic...but I kinda agree with what your saying minus the sarcasm.

Really? Different to what I've heard. Cheers for the info.

If he was top 5 he would have nominated for the draft for the extra $$$$ that first rounders get (especially when compared to rookies) he didn't have to accept a rookie contract from Sydney.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s-to-rookie-deal/story-fn69a32t-1226731780193 this article had him going around pick 20 but tell me out of the top 20 who would have given up their kid for this one?
Okay, so when you said recruiters you actually meant a poster on an Internet forum and a newspaper article that doesn't agree with what you said?

Okay, so when you said recruiters you actually meant a poster on an Internet forum and a newspaper article that doesn't agree with what you said?

And where in your own deluded inflated mind would you have him go in the draft? All I know is if I could go first round and make 100k plus as a minimum or sign on as a rookie for 53k, I'm going in the draft.

Just an observation. I think your backline is your biggest issue and whilst you have Jetta and Rohen coming back to help out in the midfield O'Keefe is in his twilight as is Goodes. It was clear that Jack and Hannabery were doing much of the leg work last season and were cooked by seasons end. On top of that your club is rolling the dice on Pike holding up the ruck on his own to a large extent. I'll go as far as to say that if the opposition nullifies Pike and can put at least a bit of control over Hannabery and Jack then Tippett and Franklin aren't going to see much of the footy and Pike, Hannabery and Jack are going to be doing a lot of heavy lifting the other way supporting Richards and co.

Their backline was SOOOOOOOOOO overrated by their 18 man defence which "rolls back" (cough) floods the s**t out of the defensive 50m to cover for Richards and Grundy who are both just average. Roosey's favorite catchphrase "hardest running midfield" is really just a different way of saying they flood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back