Autopsy Three things you learned from round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

This. It's all just hyperbole right now.

We're a better team than the Giants which means this game should just be an anomaly. We'll see is about two weeks.
The key for me DA is how the player react, Collingwood are in the same position as us after a mediocre first up performance and will throw everything at us so I am really intrigued to see how we handle that and run out the game. My biggest concern is our continued inability to stop opposition teams when they get a run on late in matches.

Attempted murder, actual murder, GBH, terrorism, knife attack, garrotting with piano wire, waterboarding.
Even if all of the above were committed in our forward 50, we would still not get a free kick.
If we are the AFL's pets, then the RSPCA would launch immediate legal action against the umpiring department.

Attempted murder, actual murder, GBH, terrorism, knife attack, garrotting with piano wire, waterboarding.
Even if all of the above were committed in our forward 50, we would still not get a free kick.
If we are the AFL's pets, then the RSPCA would launch immediate legal action against the umpiring department.

Can't wait for your preview of the Collingwood game...

Buddy like Barry Hall in the past, has a habit of whining at nearly every contest he is beaten. Umpires hate forwards who act like that and hence put the whistle away and only pay the very obvious free's. Look at St Nick in the past..he never used to play for free kicks, nor did he throw his hands up in the air earlier in his career and was rewarded most times. These days he acts hard done by and umps have stopped rewarding him the 50/50 frees.

Buddy like Barry Hall in the past, has a habit of whining at nearly every contest he is beaten. Umpires hate forwards who act like that and hence put the whistle away and only pay the very obvious free's. Look at St Nick in the past..he never used to play for free kicks, nor did he throw his hands up in the air earlier in his career and was rewarded most times. These days he acts hard done by and umps have stopped rewarding him the 50/50 frees.
Actually St Nick has dedicated his entire career to throwing his hands in the air and begging for frees, just like Lloyd.

Barry Hall spent most of his career throwing his hands in the air in frustration at having frees paid AGAINST him.

1. Swans lost the plot and aren't as cool under pressure as we thought. There were no leaders in the last quarter that could stem the flow.
2. We need a third tall defender.
3. Pyke can't ruck alone.

Well you need someone who can lead with both words and actions, maybe McVeigh is better at the former but on the field it's more likely to be Jack leading from the front

Agree.

McVeigh didn't show any leadership on Saturday and it hurt with Jack and Goodes out of the team.

Others in the leadership group didn't paint themselves in a great light either with how they played

I'm mostly on your side, young feller, but if you're blaming umpires for Saturday evening's mess you're on your own this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McVeigh seems to have been selected for his ability to speak to the media, but i agree he doesn't seem to be a great leader in men due to his very high expectations of his own game and his team mates. I dont think the times he yells or is angry at a team mate for small things can be good for team moral when we are down.

But you must admit his goal in 2013 when we were being pumped by the hawks was a true captains goal, like barrys in 2005.

Jack seems to be more of an on field general.

1. Agreed with Garry Lyon that Swans players didn't back Buddy up enough when GWS players were getting into him.
2. Hannebery needs a kick up the arse from his coaches/teammates.
3. We miss Mumford more than I thought we would.

I'm mostly on your side, young feller, but if you're blaming umpires for Saturday evening's mess you're on your own this week.

No, they did play well.
But footy is a momentum game. In the 2nd and 3rd quarters, we were pumping them - but I don't recall us getting one free from a stacks-on-the-mill scrimmage in the bog - yet they were gifted some great run entirely undeserved. Add in some ordinary kicking (1:6 at one point) - 40 points up and they were toast. You will never see a Swans team coast along on the back of 6 or 7 frees in a row. The usual run is 1 free every 25 minutes, usually 1 metre from the boundary line 85 metres out just a stge siren goes.

Umpires are cheats, some subliminally (Victorians).

I see enough lying, deceit, fraud with our government representatives. I don't need to see it from the pansy prima Donna officiators at the footy.

No, they did play well.
But footy is a momentum game. In the 2nd and 3rd quarters, we were pumping them - but I don't recall us getting one free from a stacks-on-the-mill scrimmage in the bog - yet they were gifted some great run entirely undeserved. Add in some ordinary kicking (1:6 at one point) - 40 points up and they were toast. You will never see a Swans team coast along on the back of 6 or 7 frees in a row. The usual run is 1 free every 25 minutes, usually 1 metre from the boundary line 85 metres out just a stge siren goes.

Umpires are cheats, some subliminally (Victorians).

I see enough lying, deceit, fraud with our government representatives. I don't need to see it from the pansy prima Donna officiators at the footy.

Pretty sure I agree with you completely about our government ... although to be fair, the state of politics, and politicians from both major parties, are a national disgrace and shame. Reprehensibly corrupt, the system and its obscenely rewarded participants.

Agree.

McVeigh didn't show any leadership on Saturday and it hurt with Jack and Goodes out of the team.

Others in the leadership group didn't paint themselves in a great light either with how they played

I was really disappointed in the first qtr when he took advantage and had a shot at goal with a check side kick 40m out straight in front, without even considering letting cunningham( I think) have the set shot.

That was not a captains kick

I was really disappointed in the first qtr when he took advantage and had a shot at goal with a check side kick 40m out straight in front, without even considering letting cunningham( I think) have the set shot.

That was not a captains kick
And if it was the other way around McMouth would have abused him

your first point-no leaders as we haven't without Jack, whos in the Kirk, Kelly mould whereas McMouth is an outside player who has great skills, but is not a leaders a-hole

I have to agree - whilst watching the team he has never struck me as a leader of men like Kirk, Kelly etc. They were hard, in and under players whereas McVeigh plays his best football on the outside, most notably as a hbf. Yelling at team mates on field is also not something that I would associate with great leadership too. Jack's leadership over the next few matches will be very important (particularly with Goodesy out).

I have to agree - whilst watching the team he has never struck me as a leader of men like Kirk, Kelly etc. They were hard, in and under players whereas McVeigh plays his best football on the outside, most notably as a hbf. Yelling at team mates on field is also not something that I would associate with great leadership too. Jack's leadership over the next few matches will be very important (particularly with Goodesy out).

Exact reason why I think luke Parker could be the next co captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back