Nixon on Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was a great interview so far, most would have thought Nixon was on the brink of suicide during this time, and to see him healthy and well now is great. I am not sure why people love to bag the bloke, he had a rough trot, which he states was his fault, now he's come through it and is better. The man can't win.

And when Mike asks him how his life went to the shitter, he goes with 5 minutes on poor Clinton Grybus's passing as the catalyst, to get us to feel sorry for him.
I was appalled at that. Such a transparent ploy too.

Anyway, it's not news to anyone. The guy is a scumbag.

Can't believe there's going to be more next week. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised Mike even allowed that to be aired..but then again if anyone did have doubts about Nixons character that seals it.

You kind of have to, he gets to tell his story, it's out there as he said. Now we have both sides of the story and we can read it how we want.

In fairness to Ricky, he had the balls to sit in the chair and take all of Mike's questions and isn't hiding behind the whole "only one side of the story is out there" defence. We'll never see James Hird volunteer himself to squirming on national TV, he'll hide behind the AFL "gag", as he always intended to when that deal got done.

I thought it was a great interview so far, most would have thought Nixon was on the brink of suicide during this time, and to see him healthy and well now is great. I am not sure why people love to bag the bloke, he had a rough trot, which he states was his fault, now he's come through it and is better. The man can't win.
I'm happy to let blokes off after a rough trot but Ricky is a toss pot.

On a side note I cringe when anyone uses the term "......... in the world" when referring to themselves.

'I was the most anti drug person in the world', 'I'm less religious than anyone in the world', I know it's sometimes a figure of speech but it does emphasise a lack of perspective.

agree
there is nothing in this universe worse then this type of over-dramatisation

Yeah he's still a lying decietful piece of s**t that's trying to cover his tracks cos he lost everything.
Unfortunately he's back on next week too, why don't they do hour long episodes like they did last year?

You kind of have to, he gets to tell his story, it's out there as he said. Now we have both sides of the story and we can read it how we want.

In fairness to Ricky, he had the balls to sit in the chair and take all of Mike's questions and isn't hiding behind the whole "only one side of the story is out there" defence. We'll never see James Hird volunteer himself to squirming on national TV, he'll hide behind the AFL "gag", as he always intended to when that deal got done.
I'm talking about bringing Clinton into it, using him to explain away his own behaviour..I'm sure Clintons loved ones would have been sickened. As for him having balls, if he had balls he'd take full responsibility and not try to paint himself as a victim..especially using a dead mans name. Sorry, load of crap and no way should Mike have let Clinton's name be used in this context purely for sensationalism.

I'm talking about bringing Clinton into it, using him to explain away his own behaviour..I'm sure Clintons loved ones would have been sickened. As for him having balls, if he had balls he'd take full responsibility and not try to paint himself as a victim..especially using a dead mans name. Sorry, load of crap and no way should Mike have let Clinton's name be used in this context purely for sensationalism.

So you don't think showing the blatant Clinton Grybas name-dropping doesn't lend insight to his character?

So you don't think showing the blatant Clinton Grybas name-dropping doesn't lend insight to his character?
I said that didn't I? At least is shows his character once and for all, But I still would not have used it..why? to prove what to whom and for what purpose? These fake pathetic interviews and documentaries like this and the Cousins one are the worst kind of shallow rubbish and if people like that it's fine, each to their own.. just don't drag an honourable dead man into it..unnecessary and cringeworthy and I would have thought below Mike.

I said that didn't I? At least is shows his character once and for all, But I still would not have used it..why? to prove what to whom and for what purpose? These fake pathetic interviews and documentaries like this and the Cousins one are the worst kind of shallow rubbish and if people like that it's fine, each to their own.. just don't drag an honourable dead man into it..unnecessary and cringeworthy and I would have thought below Mike.

It's a fine line, but it was still the most glaring moment in the Nixon web of bullshit.

That said, I actually found that little bit informative in I'd always thought Grybas' death was one of those suicides by a public figure that gets chalked up to something else (like Heath Ledger). Nixon's version of events does suggest that wasn't the case.

It's a fine line, but it was still the most glaring moment in the Nixon web of bullshit.

That said, I actually found that little bit informative in I'd always thought Grybas' death was one of those suicides by a public figure that gets chalked up to something else (like Heath Ledger). Nixon's version of events does suggest that wasn't the case.
No need for anyone to know details about Clintons death except his family and loved ones. Anyway as I said unnecessary, anyone with half a brain knows what Nixon is and doesn't need that kind of dirty sensationalism to confirm it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when is banging teenage chicks a rough trot?

I feel for poor Ricky, the dude was an upstanding citizen but once he was involved with St Kilda that was the end of the stupid Syd.

Apparently he mentioned he is on good terms with Geelong people including Steve Johnson? Funny story - within one minute of this statement I understand Steve Johnson sent a text to a connection at Fox stating he has only met Nixon once in his life.

How is this flog still getting media attention???

Just staggers me that he stills gets any form of attention after all of his disgusting antics. Using Clinton death was just about as low as you can get, then again this is a guy who though telling sexist jokes makes him a comedian :rolleyes:

Really feel for his kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Back