What emotions did you have post game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Relief & ecstasy and I do admit to shedding a tear out of pure joy and the uncontrollable happiness of the win after all the stress and nervousness of the week.

Sharing hugs with those closest to you, kisses, hi-fives, random bear-hugs.
s**t I better stop before....nup too late! That win was just about everything I could hope for! :D

Hugged the mates, kissed the partner, uploaded an awful video to Facebook of me basically yelling at the players walking down the race, was unbelievable!

Hugged my son - who was at his first ever North final. He was crying (as usual) when we were behind, and then he found then tension in the last quarter tough to handle, but we went right off at the end. Unfortunately I hurt his leg as a grabbed him....but he didn't say that until outside the ground.

THe hug from my son after the second goal from Drew is a memory I will cherish.

His first final, he hates the *scum as much as I do. He was almost silent when we were behind. He was standing on his chair starting chants when we got the run on.

But that hug will be one of my best all time footy memories.

Hugged my son - who was at his first ever North final. He was crying (as usual) when we were behind, and then he found then tension in the last quarter tough to handle, but we went right off at the end. Unfortunately I hurt his leg as a grabbed him....but he didn't say that until outside the ground.

Great to see that passion and joy!

My eldest son is near 14 and North has only ever won a single final in his lifetime, for which he was a little too young to remember it. To see the elation and pure joy on his face at siren time was so special as a Dad. It made the win even sweeter!

Just massive amounts of relief. Barely even celebrated at the siren. Had absolutely thrown myself emotionally into the comeback and was just drained. I'm normally totally circumspect at games but had yelled myself hoarse in that second half screaming like a massive tit at everything. Rose early for Drew's two goals and after that I was just relieved

Finals are so much more fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great start to Father's Day for lots of you, by the sounds of it.

Elation and relief and pride. Closely followed by anticipation for next week. How great was it to have all the North fans in the ground singing the song after the game with the team on the big screen?

My two * supporting mates left before the final siren.
I stayed (obviously) and was jumping around and giving hi-fives like Benny Brown after he kicks a goal.

Apart from all the excitement .Pure relief for me , after 15 mins I realized my voice was shot & I had a thumping headache from barracking so hard and I can't wait to do it all over again next Friday night .

Not really sure. Haven't been able to enjoy the week because of the fear of losing and the consequences of that. Even when we were two goals up with 30 seconds to go I was still completely tensed up. Afterwards was a sort of mixture of relief and euphoria without being able to truly enjoy it. Was still a ball of nervous energy when I went to bed.

Will enjoy the next five days a lot more I suspect.

I don't know how you put last night into words...

I just remember being in shock and disbelief with about a minute to go, then looking to the opposite side and the 4 bays of North supporters on the flank going nuts, standing up and singing and it struck me, we've got this.

When the siren went I leapt up and grabbed the NMFC logo on my jacket and just remember screaming "WE ARE NORTH MELBOURNE". The players getting to all areas was super impressive. I was hugged by random NMFC fans on the way out "How ******* good was that?!" was the general theme.

I was just proud of our club. The players, the fans - god we were loud. We did not roar like a 'small' club last night...after Petrie's second it was incredible. The North roar was back at the 'g, how good!

Also, when I watched the replay, before the players come off, they show Brad and JB embracing outside the rooms, and Brad is going up to meet the players on the ground. He motions JB to come with him, twice, but JB refuses...wants to let the players have the moment. After all JB has been though for this club, you could forgive him for going out onto the ground to enjoy it. But he left it for the players...I felt that was selfless and just so impressive from a man to whom we owe so much.

Just massive amounts of relief. Barely even celebrated at the siren. Had absolutely thrown myself emotionally into the comeback and was just drained. I'm normally totally circumspect at games but had yelled myself hoarse in that second half screaming like a massive tit at everything. Rose early for Drew's two goals and after that I was just relieved

Finals are so much more fun.

Funny, I was the opposite. I was pretty flat about the first half and when we got a few goals in the third I didn't think much of it - we were always going to get a few goals. It probably wasn't until Petrie put us back in front and then kicked the sealer that I let go a bit. And then at the siren we let rip!

Leapt from myself seat overcome with relief, joy and it was extra sweet as we ended * for the year.

Group hugs with my girlfriend, my footy crew and hugs with random North supporters sitting around us.

Total ecstasy!

One of my mates pulled a hamstring jumping out of his seat at the end of the game lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back