News Rodney Eade confirmed as GC coach (see p10)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was never on our list.

In our scholarship program then. My point was that we chose him over a non-indigenous kid at the time. We're just not very good at picking the right Aboriginal players. The fact that Wellingham, who was mostly hit and miss and had one really good season for us, is our biggest success story since Leon Davis, who we drafted in 1999, and has been the only "hit" of the ten names I mentioned" (of course Varcoe may be a success), suggests to me that we just aren't very good at this. Our hit rate since 2003 with non-indigenous players is a hell of a lot better than eleven per cent (I have not factored Varcoe in for obvious reasons and of course Armstrong still has a chance).

Eade would also have a fair idea who we will draft this season.

Perhaps and maybe this is one reason why Eddie is so hot under the collar about it. If these decisions are made earlier, that is before draft time, then you don't need to worry about IP leaking out. It's also useful to have a crack at replacements earlier on.

Maybe we have a set period for transitions of both players and coaches and thereafter people can't leave and it's understood culturally that a club will play hard ball when someone attempts to do so. In other words GC should have got their shit together earlier.

Just get Graham Wright back to Collingwood.
I'm sick of making appointments from shit clubs like St. Kilda, WB & the like.

Agree - Get someone from a Succesful Club and not someone from a Poor/Crap Team.

Though we got the Doctor from Geelong

Eddie would be pissed because Eade would have been a major part of planning for season 2015.
At most football clubs, most positions are locked in now.
To get someone who is experienced in Eade's role, we have to overpay to get their services.
Because of GC's poor management, we are affected.
Eddie hopefully makes them pay.
We lost Neeld before a PF, I'm sick of inferior clubs that operate on AFL money poaching from us.
Make a stand Ed!

What is being overlooked here is the fact that Eade did not have a coaching role at the club and therefore another coach or "director of coaching" role is not required. It is a head of football operations position = administrative role. The elephant in the room here is Eade has significant confidential information regarding Collingwood's TPPs, list management and strategy both on and off the field that would otherwise not be available to another club - how does the club protect itself in this situation? It's quite a bit different from an assistant coach or senior coach changing clubs.
Rodney Eade has too much integrity to use confidential information on Collingwood's TPPs and list management strategy against the club.

Eddie would be pissed because Eade would have been a major part of planning for season 2015.
At most football clubs, most positions are locked in now.
To get someone who is experienced in Eade's role, we have to overpay to get their services.
Because of GC's poor management, we are affected.
Eddie hopefully makes them pay.
We lost Neeld before a PF, I'm sick of inferior clubs that operate on AFL money poaching from us.
Make a stand Ed!
How then can we attract the best candidates for coaching and administrative positions at Collingwood, if we impose restrictions on their availability to accept positions at other clubs if other clubs come up with job offers?

If Sanderson comes in I'll be ropeable, it will be one of the worst moves this club has ever made.

In Eade it seemed Bucks has someone older and more experienced who would have been a critic as well as a supporter, while Sanderson walks in and straight away they hug and go and have a beer.

Bucks needs critics around him to improve, not mates.

So IF Sanderson does comes in(Highly Unlikely) you think the Club are run by Idiots and We need to massive clean out at the Club?

How then can we attract the best candidates for coaching and administrative positions at Collingwood, if we impose restrictions on their availability to accept positions at other clubs if other clubs come up with job offers?

If GC had approached Eade much earlier in the year it would be fine.
But this is at a stage that is too late.
Most clubs would be in season 2015 mode now offield.
Most clubs are gracious in letting staff go to other clubs granted they make those appointments in a window that allows your host employer to get suitable candidates.

Perhaps and maybe this is one reason why Eddie is so hot under the collar about it. If these decisions are made earlier, that is before draft time, then you don't need to worry about IP leaking out. It's also useful to have a crack at replacements earlier on.

Maybe we have a set period for transitions of both players and coaches and thereafter people can't leave and it's understood culturally that a club will play hard ball when someone attempts to do so. In other words GC should have got their shit together earlier.
Surely the club would have a pretty tight non-disclosure agreement or the likes in place. This would happen more often than not so I'm not too worried about it. Would be pretty easy between the club and Eade to know if anything strange happens come draft time.

upload_2014-10-28_17-20-59.png

Just get Graham Wright back to Collingwood.
I'm sick of making appointments from shit clubs like St. Kilda, WB & the like.

Wasn't it a no to Hine a few pages back and now it's "just get Wright". They fill the exact same role at each club...

Anyway I like the thought process behind Hine being promoted and a transition of Rendell. However if we go external I'd look at someone like Ian Prendergast myself. I've always liked his work at the AFLPA and I believe his initial background was in player management.

In Eade's role? Eade is doing what Walsh used to do. Not sure that is something Sanderson is suited to do.
We need to do what we did when Walsh left.just move non performing personal eg Eade up the ladder Harvey into Rockets job Sanderson or whoever into Harvey's role.My worst case scenario would be Pelchen or heaven forbid Maxwell I nearly vomited when Maxwell came out echoing Perts club line about Malthouse only recruiting Jolly and Ball because his tenure was about finished and wanted another flag before he finished.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We need to do what we did when Walsh left.just move non performing personal eg Eade up the ladder Harvey into Rockets job Sanderson or whoever into Harvey's role.My worst case scenario would be Pelchen or heaven forbid Maxwell I nearly vomited when Maxwell came out echoing Perts club line about Malthouse only recruiting Jolly and Ball because his tenure was about finished and wanted another flag before he finished.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harvey became Director of Football, when did that happen exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sanderson comes in I'll be ropeable, it will be one of the worst moves this club has ever made.

In Eade it seemed Bucks has someone older and more experienced who would have been a critic as well as a supporter, while Sanderson walks in and straight away they hug and go and have a beer.

Bucks needs critics around him to improve, not mates.

That's Harvey and Burns gone then. Maybe Rocca and Lockyer as well.

That's a lot of assistant coaches to replace in such a short space of time, on top of finding a competent football administrator as well (if you don't go down the Derek Hine route)...

Thanks for your services Rocket.

Best Iraqi information minister impersonator ever. The injury updates will never be the same again...

Good luck and see you around.

That's Harvey and Burns gone then. Maybe Rocca and Lockyer as well.

That's a lot of assistant coaches to replace in such a short space of time, on top of finding a competent football administrator as well (if you don't go down the Derek Hine route)...

And there's the operative words "football administrator".

If we are to replace Eade it's not with a coach, or at least a recently sacked one like McKenna or Sanderson, it would be with someone who has had 15-20 years of dealing with players contracts and off field issues within a sporting environment (doesn't even have to be AFL).

Get Grant Thomas, with the benefit of hind sight his management of players set the trend for today. Could not really coach but when it came to managing players etc he was very good. Big problem is he hates the AFL and he they hate him, so Eddie would not want to do it but it would he is experienced available (for the right price) and would shake things up.

Won't happen we will end up with some goose like Pelchen or someone who has never done it like Sanderson.

I get more and more confused about who does what, who we want, who we don't, what he does, what he doesnt do.....Agghhhhhh make it stop.

Let's get a woman in to do the job FFS - Yeah, a pretty one! What about Holly - Perfect - Now make it happen!

upload_2014-10-28_18-22-9.png

Eddie has told the AFL Eade won't be released until Collingwood are compensated financially.

If anyone brings up an ex coach listen to the words of Eade's wife.
'His true passion is coaching and I just want him to be happy'
Eade's heart was never truly well into it.
That isn't a criticism of Eade, he is at heart a coach.
You appoint someone who is totally invested into that role.
The same applies for people who think Hine should step up.
We all know Dekka's passion is recruiting, let him do what he is most invested in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back