Hawks new clash jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

However, the little care factor I have about this jumper soon vanishess when I realize we have won the last 2 flags, and that if this is the worst decision we can make as a club, we are doing ok!

The worst decision for 2015 is changing the off field gear to a navy blue colour!

Well, I like it. I don't care what you all say.

I like it too and I wanted to buy it but they took it off the Hawksnest website a few days ago :mad:
:thumbsdown:

I would like to have someone explain to me why we need a clash jumper.
We are going to be wearing it against GWS, Adelaide and West Coast this year.

GWS's orange back is considered to be too close a color to our gold back (or brown away back for our clash guernsey) according to the AFL.

I can't see how but the AFL also thinks we clash with the yellow on Adelaide's top. Even though they only have a small amount of yellow on theirs. This does work both ways, remember Adelaide being forced to wear their clash in the 2012 Prelim against us.

There is a big clash with us and West Coast when we play them away due to the large amount of yellow on their Tri-pannel guernsey they wear in home matches. This shouldn't be a problem as of next year with the eagles going back to their wings design guernsey for home matches at least.

Then there are other instances where we've worn the clash guernsey because our away guernsey has clashed with the home team (gold coast last year). Even though the home guernsey would have been a perfect substitute in that case, I guess the club sees it as an opportunity to give our clash some more exposure.

image.jpg

The shine is definately more like the picture of Jack wearing it than Cyrill's and I reckon it will show up even more when we are playing under lights.

I actually don't mind it, maybe it's because I hated cartoon hawk so much that anything diffrent is an improvement. Don't think i'll ever wear it to a game though. More of a running/training top for me I think.

I mentioned in another thread that the metallic gold and very dark brown is a winner for me. With the right design it will look great and should be persisted with for a couple more attempts yet.

The jumper itself though baffles me. I like that it's unique and even the little slightly flamboyant "sequins" are probably a pass. But the V and its bandaid-like shadows below it are ridiculous and the different shadings of brown are a bloody eyesore.

I mentioned in another thread that the metallic gold and very dark brown is a winner for me. With the right design it will look great and should be persisted with for a couple more attempts yet.

The jumper itself though baffles me. I like that it's unique and even the little slightly flamboyant "sequins" are probably a pass. But the V and its bandaid-like shadows below it are ridiculous and the different shadings of brown are a bloody eyesore.
Don't see why they don't use this metallic gold on our regular home and away jumpers. I can understand that such a metallic colour wouldn't have been possible on a jumper not all that long ago and they've had to resort to using a dark yellow colour but now that it is possible they should look into it.

View attachment 125708

The shine is definately more like the picture of Jack wearing it than Cyrill's and I reckon it will show up even more when we are playing under lights.

I actually don't mind it, maybe it's because I hated cartoon hawk so much that anything diffrent is an improvement. Don't think i'll ever wear it to a game though. More of a running/training top for me I think.

They said it was a new revolutionary material too yamupetau. Is it?

They said it was a new revolutionary material too yamupetau. Is it?
It's a different material to last years. It's more of a silkier material, the best I could describe it is more of a lycra (but not as thin or stretchy as lycra before you all start getting horrifying images in your head). Then again, the players guernseys will be a different type of material again. (Still the lycra type but a lot stretchier to fit the player a lot more tightly).

Revolutionary? I would say it's what you would expect these days from performance sports clothing. The material should make tackling our players a lot harder than it has been before so ultimately I would say it's a good move.

Don't see why they don't use this metallic gold on our regular home and away jumpers. I can understand that such a metallic colour wouldn't have been possible on a jumper not all that long ago and they've had to resort to using a dark yellow colour but now that it is possible they should look into it.
Agreed, maybe test it on the Away guernseys first, maybe even do a home one but only use it for pre season one year and seek feedback from the public before making it a regular guernsey. If there's one thing that this chash guernsey has told us, it's that people can find it very hard to accept change.

Agreed, maybe test it on the Away guernseys first, maybe even do a home one but only use it for pre season one year and seek feedback from the public before making it a regular guernsey. If there's one thing that this chash guernsey has told us, it's that people can find it very hard to accept change.
Except gold is one of our colours, not dark yellow. They certainly didn't ask anyone I know here or elsewhere before doing the blue media polos or this clash jumper. They would've been toldn in no uncertain terms 'no'.

Except gold is one of our colours, not dark yellow.
By 'gold' do you mean the metallic shade on the new clash or the kind of dark yellow we've had on our guernseys for most of our history? ;)

'Gold' is clearly a key description of one of our colours, but if the word were used to justify a switch isn't it odd that it's supposed to denote a darker shade but these metallic golds they're using are lighter/whiter?

The clash colours are a winner, the design is too much.

By 'gold' do you mean the metallic shade on the new clash or the kind of dark yellow we've had on our guernseys for most of our history? ;)

'Gold' is clearly a key description of one of our colours, but if the word were used to justify a switch isn't it odd that it's supposed to denote a darker shade but these metallic golds they're using are lighter/whiter?

The clash colours are a winner, the design is too much.
Haha, by 'gold' I mean the closest representation of that particular colour/metal that is possible to replicate onto a fabric at the time. The dark yellow we've got on our jumper now is different to the one we had in 2008 and it is certainly different to the one back when they wore pure wool jumpers. We didn't always have stripes and way, way back our colours weren't even brown and gold (or dark yellow).

Bringing a truer gold colour into our jumper design is simply the logical next evolution of the club jumper and identity - far from a revision on history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except gold is one of our colours, not dark yellow. They certainly didn't ask anyone I know here or elsewhere before doing the blue media polos or this clash jumper. They would've been toldn in no uncertain terms 'no'.
The backlash that Hawthorn recieved from the blue attire this year should be all the more reason not to just roll out a major change like that without seeking public feedback prior.
I like most others are all for progress and evolution of our brand and whilst I like the idea of having more real gold on our guernseys, am not absolutely conviced it will be a winner and may look tacky and quite over the top and make a laughing stock out of the club. Hence the need for a trial at least. Plus, if people think they are given a choice and are being listened to by the club, they are more likely to vote for the change (maybe not in every situation mind you).
So if Hawthorn is serious about bringing out a metalic gold guernsey, sure, give it a go but don't make it pernament immediatley. Trial it a few times a year. As I said before, pre season would be an ideal time as some clubs do have a seperate guernsey for those games. If people love it, great, bring it out next year. If it's mixed, they could probably bring it out and people would get used to it. If it's an overwealming NO, the public probably isn't ready for a change like that and it would be bette to leave it as it is.

The backlash that Hawthorn recieved from the blue attire this year should be all the more reason not to just roll out a major change like that without seeking public feedback prior.
I like most others are all for progress and evolution of our brand and whilst I like the idea of having more real gold on our guernseys, am not absolutely conviced it will be a winner and may look tacky and quite over the top and make a laughing stock out of the club. Hence the need for a trial at least. Plus, if people think they are given a choice and are being listened to by the club, they are more likely to vote for the change (maybe not in every situation mind you).
So if Hawthorn is serious about bringing out a metalic gold guernsey, sure, give it a go but don't make it pernament immediatley. Trial it a few times a year. As I said before, pre season would be an ideal time as some clubs do have a seperate guernsey for those games. If people love it, great, bring it out next year. If it's mixed, they could probably bring it out and people would get used to it. If it's an overwealming NO, the public probably isn't ready for a change like that and it would be bette to leave it as it is.
Sure, but like I said, who did they ask before they did the blue media polos? This clash jumper? The thinning out at the bottom of the two outside stripes on the 2015 jumper?

Either they didn't ask anyone and are paying too much to a marketing company or their focus group didn't actually have any Hawks supporters or anyone who knows anything about football in them.

And for the record, I agree they should check with the members before making drastic changes (even dark yellow to a metallic gold on the main jumpers) but at the moment they seem more keen on surprising us with any changes on social media.

Sure, but like I said, who did they ask before they did the blue media polos? This clash jumper? The thinning out at the bottom of the two outside stripes on the 2015 jumper?

Either they didn't ask anyone and are paying too much to a marketing company or their focus group didn't actually have any Hawks supporters or anyone who knows anything about football in them.

And for the record, I agree they should check with the members before making drastic changes (even dark yellow to a metallic gold on the main jumpers) but at the moment they seem more keen on surprising us with any changes on social media.
The club doesn't give a flying heck about the supporters. They know there are still plenty of people who will buy the shitness blue stuff because it they know there are plenty of supporters who think "If I get the most recent attire, people will think I'm a more hardcore, passionate supporter".

The club doesn't give a flying **** about the supporters. They know there are still plenty of people who will buy the shitness blue stuff because it they know there are plenty of supporters who think "If I get the most recent attire, people will think I'm a more hardcore, passionate supporter".
If they're looking to sell a top to the lowest common denominator supporters each year then they could easily go with a brown and gold polo and just embroid the year under the logo or something.

If they're looking to sell a top to the lowest common denominator supporters each year then they could easily go with a brown and gold polo and just embroid the year under the logo or something.

I bought a brown one and a blue one, I like them both, and wear them often.
If people don't buy the blue, it will disappear quickly.

I don't understand why people take it all so seriously that they hate the club for it.

Weird.

It's a different material to last years. It's more of a silkier material, the best I could describe it is more of a lycra (but not as thin or stretchy as lycra before you all start getting horrifying images in your head). Then again, the players guernseys will be a different type of material again. (Still the lycra type but a lot stretchier to fit the player a lot more tightly).

Revolutionary? I would say it's what you would expect these days from performance sports clothing. The material should make tackling our players a lot harder than it has been before so ultimately I would say it's a good move.

It's a lot more slippery to the touch, should be harder to be tackled when wearing it... key word - SHOULD!

It's a lot more slippery to the touch, should be harder to be tackled when wearing it... key word - SHOULD!

It wasn't until I got past the bolded bit that I realised you were talking about the new jumper.

Guernsey_Front.jpg
Guernsey_Back.jpg

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Like yamupetau said, it's definitely a different material to what the Home/Away guernseys are made of. Alot silkier.

One other thing I found is that they seem to be smaller than the usual guernseys. I bought a Small and also a Small Home guernsey and the Clash is much tighter.

I bought a brown one and a blue one, I like them both, and wear them often.
If people don't buy the blue, it will disappear quickly.

I don't understand why people take it all so seriously that they hate the club for it.

Weird.
I don't actually have a very strong opinion on the use of blue in the polos and training tops. Just using it to make a point that the club isn't above making drastic decisions/changes when it comes to our colours.

Guernsey_Front.jpg
Guernsey_Back.jpg

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Like yamupetau said, it's definitely a different material to what the Home/Away guernseys are made of. Alot silkier.

One other thing I found is that they seem to be smaller than the usual guernseys. I bought a Small and also a Small Home guernsey and the Clash is much tighter.

Looks even better with the Chief's number on the back! :D

I don't actually have a very strong opinion on the use of blue in the polos and training tops. Just using it to make a point that the club isn't above making drastic decisions/changes when it comes to our colours.

My post wasn't actually directed at you, I agree with your point.

I actually have two old blue polo shirts with the old Hawk logo on them, they must be 7 or 8 years old.
I wear them proudly to the gym!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back