Things you don't see often

Remove this Banner Ad

Should've come back outside with a plastic bag for him
radiojake would've taken a s**t on his lawn later that evening
I didn't think of this til afterwards. Would have been interesting what would have happened if so.

a coherent post from CountryRace
You should try reading his posts on the soccer board.

It's like somebody gave a two year old a keyboard and they've just started bashing the keys.

No he would have found out who he bought the dog from, collected all the s**t he sees on the way to the location and then dump it there like it's his fault.
genuine lols
just imagining the breeder hearing a noise outside and walking to out to see a dozen bags of s**t dumped on his lawn and this stoner making a getaway on his bicycle

Was having this conversation last night and my friend brought up a very good point.

Pregnant Asians. Definitely a rarity to see one out compared to other races.

Obviously, answers within reason.

Also crap asian drivers. They're so small they can't see over the steering wheel, which means you can't see them either.

There's a phone box just down the road from my joint. I only ever see one guy using it, and he does so most days. He's also always barefoot regardless of the weather, and clearly not all there.

Anyway- marbles. As a kid I loved playing with them. Don't see many little tackers playing with them now.

Video games or PC crowd gone crazy about choking hazards?

Marbles are like yo-yos. They have their time in the sun as the trend of the day then get shoved into the back of the cupboard waiting to be handed down.

My cousins (born mid 70s) had them then handed them down to me (born mid 80s). I'm sure I still have some in a box in some house somewhere. There hasn't been another generation in the family yet so I hope that they make a comeback some day. Maybe there'll be a marbles app on iTunes instead...

As posted already, kids out in the streets (especially during the summer. My Mum would frequently do laps of the block to round me up during the summer because I'd never want to go inside.

You want to see pregnant Asians, head out to Box Hill someday.

I miss Video Library/Stores and Record Stores.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toy shops

They seem to be very rare these days.I think there's only 2 in Geelong - Tates Toys in Geelong West and Toys'R'Us in Belmont.
Nothing in the city centre and hasn't been for 10 or so years.
Great call. Toys in general seem to have gone out.

Barely see toys advertised on TV anymore.

Always remember Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars advertised when I was a kid. And Barbie/Polly Pocket etc

I've been there a few times and have never seen that... where on earth did you visit?!

It's probably more the when, than the where. I lived there for about 18 months or 2 years in 1995. It was on a long traffic island, can't remember the road name but up near the Federal Hotel end of town (federal hotel - skimpy bar).

Toy shops

They seem to be very rare these days.I think there's only 2 in Geelong - Tates Toys in Geelong West and Toys'R'Us in Belmont.
Probably not as much of a market now with technology being kids' number one thing. And toy shops can usually be substituted with Kmart, Target, Big W, Myer etc.

Toy shops

I think there's one just inside the Little Malop st entrance to Market Square. They always have signs about Lego anyway, so I assume that's what it is :p
But yeah, not many around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back