List Mgmt. Chris Yarran - Welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hate to be Silvagni's wife, the bloke doesn't know the definition of compromise.

I'll help you out SOS... the definition of compromise is: "an agreement or settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions."

Now let's look at that definition in relation to this trade. Getting Yarran for pick 31 would have been a GREAT deal for Richmond... Getting Pick 12 for Yarran would be a GREAT deal for Carlton. So what Richmond has done is, they have gone out of their way to get a GOOD deal for both clubs. Pick 19 is a good deal for both clubs! We get a player who is right in our age bracket who adds speed and x-factor to our list, and you get your first round pick (yes, pick 19 IS an end of round 1 compensation pick).

Get the deal done already!

Got to admit to being a little stumped as to why we'd downgrade two second round picks for pick 19 only for Carlton to reject the offer.
Did we not run it past Carlton before we downgraded two picks for one?

Just wasted time on the Chris Yarran trade thread, Tiger71 if you see me in there again, give me a slap and get me out of there.
What a couple of dipshits!
It's scary that they think they have the upper hand, leading us on a merry dance etc, when in reality they are further consolidating their status as laughing stock of the AFL

Got to admit to being a little stumped as to why we'd downgrade two second round picks for pick 19 only for Carlton to reject the offer.

Maybe we thought it was a good deal on its own, even if Carlton continue to be stubborn. Supposedly, pick 31 this year is unlikely to net an AFL quality player (there will be some available, of course, but it won't be clear who they are...dart board stuff). If we've decided pick 31 is actually more like a 3rd rounder in quality, then swapping it for 19 and the chance to draft a much more likely prospect is a great move, even if it costs us another 2nd.

I reckon it's a win even if we don't use it on Yarran.

Guess they didn't think Carlton was that stupid. Never underestimate the stupidity of Carlscum.

Was just thinking back to June-ish...when I read the Bloos said it was open season on any blueboy except Murph and Bryce. They all knew they were going to be shopped. Fast forward 3 months and now it's a case of you gotta want to play with us or piss off...Menzel's year remaining on his contract meant SFA to them.

That's the time I reckon Yarran said stuff this...I went 4th in 2014 and I'm working into my game and they are happy to junk my 7 years. So he has put the pressure back on them...yup trade me then, but I'm only playing decent footy at Punt Road...smoke that SOS...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we thought it was a good deal on its own, even if Carlton continue to be stubborn. Supposedly, pick 31 this year is unlikely to net an AFL quality player (there will be some available, of course, but it won't be clear who they are...dart board stuff). If we've decided pick 31 is actually more like a 3rd rounder in quality, then swapping it for 19 and the chance to draft a much more likely prospect is a great move, even if it costs us another o2nd.

I reckon it's a win even if we don't use it on Yarran.
The problem with that argument is that we tried to use it to trade with Carlton, proving the trades purpose was to snare Yarran. Bit of a **** up if you ask me.

Sorry to intrude but the banter thread on our board has descending into an irrelevant slanging match. I wanted to point out that its a low risk strategy for Carlton to turn pick 19 down this year if Yarran qualifies as a restricted free agent next year (I assume he does that's why we are so adamant about not accepting 19).

(1) Compo pick (if still around) depends on your salary offer to him
(2) Richmond must place an offer on the tablet that the Blues won't match.
(3) Because of (2) Blues could get Frawley like compo for him (pick after our first pick) assuming poor performance again this could be pick 2-7?
(4) Alternatively a lower offer could mean second round compo pick again assuming poor performance again this could be pick 19-24.
(5) The 2016 Draft is reportedly much stronger so pick 24 2016 > Pick 19 2015

Hopefully a circuit breaker can be found by COB Thursday. Though I would be happy for him to stay at the Blues.
Yarran Retire's from football , Stays out a year
nominates for psd next year with 650k nobody will touch him
we get him for free

Carlton get SFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back