List Mgmt. Chris Yarran - Welcome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can sit there and get fat for a year, worth the money.
....Aaaaaand this is the attitude that has seen your once proud club become the laughing stock of the league.

If it's worth $450k to spite a player just because you are cross with him, then I truly envisage many more years of ineptitude and shitness both on field and off.

Sorry to intrude but the banter thread on our board has descending into an irrelevant slanging match. I wanted to point out that its a low risk strategy for Carlton to turn pick 19 down this year if Yarran qualifies as a restricted free agent next year (I assume he does that's why we are so adamant about not accepting 19).

(1) Compo pick (if still around) depends on your salary offer to him
(2) Richmond must place an offer on the tablet that the Blues won't match.
(3) Because of (2) Blues could get Frawley like compo for him (pick after our first pick) assuming poor performance again this could be pick 2-7?
(4) Alternatively a lower offer could mean second round compo pick again assuming poor performance again this could be pick 19-24.
(5) The 2016 Draft is reportedly much stronger so pick 24 2016 > Pick 19 2015

Hopefully a circuit breaker can be found by COB Thursday. Though I would be happy for him to stay at the Blues.

Leuenberger is on $400k x 3. Lions getting end of second round.

That's what you should expect.

....Aaaaaand this is the attitude that has seen your once proud club take the of the laughing stock of the league.

If it's worth $450k to spite a player just because you are cross with him, then I truly envisage many more years of ineptitude and shitness both on field and off.
Mate its smart list management dont you know. The line has been drawn

latest

Pick 12 whenever you're ready...

What makes me laugh is that Carltoon "supporters" like you are happy for your club to win a wooden spoon, but you'll pretend you've achieved something if you get pick 12 for Yarran. :drunk:

You do know that the basic point of AFL football is to win games of football, not to win at the trade table? No? Okay then...

Their just making themselves look silly now. They could have come into this trade period, broom in hand to sweep out anything with value that dosent want to be there. They GIVE Menzel away then dig their high heels in on Yarran all in the process making themselves look silly.

Not a great start IMO

Im starting to feel for the bloke.

Carlton are a shit club and dont know how to look after their players.

In 3 years they have managed to lose Betts, Garlett and now Yarran which they are treating like absolute junk.

Whats the common denominator people?

This could blow up in Carlton's face. If the trade is not done and Yarran is so disgruntled that he doesn't play his salary will drop considerably in 2017 meaning a late 2nd or even early 3rd round pick. I would offer Yarran a smaller salary but with plenty of incentives to increase the actual money he is receiving.

If he doesn't play I'd invite him along to Richmond to train with us for the year so he learns the game plan and his future role in the team.

To me I don't believe Carlton wants to trade another player only to have it blow up in their face when they play out of their skins. They would rather Yarran sit out the year than see that happen. They are looking for a win here and the only way that would happen is to get our Pick 12 and hop he plays poorly for us in 2016.

Im starting to feel for the bloke.

Carlton are a shit club and dont know how to look after their players.

In 3 years they have managed to lose Betts, Garlett and now Yarran which they are treating like absolute junk.

Whats the common denominator people?
Carlton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their just making themselves look silly now. They could have come into this trade period, broom in hand to sweep out anything with value that dosent want to be there. They GIVE Menzel away then dig their high heels in on Yarran all in the process making themselves look silly.

Not a great start
They're a bigger basket case than us pre - Dimma/Gale

Hopefully they can learn a little bit of humility during their next three decades of irrelevance.

Carlton are the Donald Trump of the AFL

A bankrupt fraud who only has a devoted bunch of deluded gits following them based upon a few catch phrases and a whole lotta sizzle and Sfa steak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back