Your Reasons For Optimism In 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

At Big Footy if we all stay positive, stay optimistic, get behind our club, remove the "veil of negativity", turn up to games in numbers rain hail or shine ... we have a chance to contribute to making sure the future of the MFC is going to be very bright for us all.

We have our part to play.

Go Dees
I sense a shill.

Positivity > negativity... imo

I agree, but I have been burnt so badly by the club that unwavering loyalty is a tough sell.

Agree with all the positivity in here. Sure it could go bad really quickly if we start the year 0-2 (I can understand a close loss to GWS as they have a damn good side, but Essendon is a must win), but I have faith it won't.

I just think we have a huge amount of young talent stockpiled, and how fast they come on will determine if we make finals in 2016 or 2017.

haha, all good. When I read it last night I missed the part that said: "I made an under 24 team" :drunk: my bad

The thing with that though, you looked at it as if it was a best 22 team and if he was the only person you picked out of that whole lot, it just shows how good the young talent is.

'The lower your expectations are the less let down you will be' #fistedforever bible, page 407, paragraph 2.

I subscribe to this theory but somehow im always left feeling disappointed.

Optimism:

Next year however, ive ****ed myself over good and proper, in my mind i have demanded nothing short of a 10 win season from us, they really ****ed up winning that last game of the year against GWS. Dont allow a boy to dream, ever. No more excuses, players have got enough games under their belts now, not demanding finals but we should be getting close to knocking on the door.

Lord help me if we actually succeed 10 wins, i wouldnt know what to do with myself.

Other things id :hearts: to see:

- We dont go on one of those one calender month binges where we just let ourselves get blown the **** out by 10 goals + and are totally uncompetitive. No more losing streaks above 3.
- We kick at least 60 points in every game we play.
- We win more than 3 games in a row.
- We no longer have to give free passes to senior duds cause the kids are now just better than them, plain and simple. Frozen Tundra for Lumumba etc..

Im in way over my head in 2016, i know. :(:rainbow:

Last edited:

Yip but we still have that underground swill of negative, bitter rotten apples that masquerade as supporters of the MFC ... Roos outed the "noisy bleating sheep" this year "live" on TV it was a club changing moment. You can't quantify what they have cost the MFC.

Success is only ever built on by positive thoughts. IMHO negativity normally tells you more about the person and the chip they are caring around on their shoulders.

The strange thing about going into next year is that the predominant feeling isn't hope but genuine confidence. It's been a while since I felt that about an oncoming season. You can never discount the possibility of confidence being shattered, but I'm not nervous about that happening. We're on a good path with the foundation of a very good side in place. 2016 should be, dare I say it, actually fun.

Yip but we still have that underground swill of negative, bitter rotten apples that masquerade as supporters of the MFC ... Roos outed the "noisy bleating sheep" this year "live" on TV it was a club changing moment. You can't quantify what they have cost the MFC.

Success is only ever built on by positive thoughts. IMHO negativity normally tells you more about the person and the chip they are caring around on their shoulders.
Are you kidding?

After the footballing hell the club has put us through you are getting on your high horse about people not unequivocally supporting everything that goes on?

We won seven games last year - not world beating. We haven't seen September since Neita and Danners. Since then the club has nearly gone under, fired two coaches, received a priority pick and lost a game by 31 goals.

So yeah, I'll take a mountain of salt. Not because I'm negative, but because they keep breaking my ****ing heart.

If you don't mind - I'm a long term supporter of this club.

Suddenly it doesn't matter how many matches I attended, memberships bought, losses survived etc. it doesn't matter because you're here all of a sudden to tell me and other members how wrong we are....

I really don't care if I earn a ban for this but go away exactly now and take your lame embarrassing marketing strategy built on telling me what to think right off this board, or even off Bigfooty in a general way. Or try this rubbish out on other clubs - there might be a couple with a marketing budget. Just go elsewhere.

Good on you. I enjoyed reading your personal journey over the last few years.

Personally, I recall in 2014 I was prepared to invest over $100,000+ into the MFC plus give them un-limited amounts of free advertising in an international publication I owned at the time. However, after an interesting set of circumstances I moved on, and I invested my money elsewhere .... subsequently sold the publication for a alternative project.

So .... If nothing else barracking for the MFC is part of your life experience.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this 'interesting set of circumstances' ... any more you can share about that?

If you don't mind - I'm a long term supporter of this club.

Suddenly it doesn't matter how many matches I attended, memberships bought, losses survived etc. it doesn't matter because you're here all of a sudden to tell me and other members how wrong we are....

I really don't care if I earn a ban for this but go away exactly now and take your lame embarrassing marketing strategy built on telling me what to think right off this board, or even off Bigfooty in a general way. Or try this rubbish out on other clubs - there might be a couple with a marketing budget. Just go elsewhere.

Whilst I swing wildly from extreme optimism to extreme negativity when it comes to the MFC, this is a pretty fair post. I still maintain the Roos negativity thing was a stupid thing to say, yes there is negativity but the club is the only one who can truly expel that, not the supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be interested in hearing more about this 'interesting set of circumstances' ... any more you can share about that?

Sorry I don't look backwards, I've moved on. Though the truth should be told .... in the end not much would be gained.

I will say this ... I elected to not invest my money into a negativity community - instead being a very positive person I made the choice to invest my money and my time into a positive community.

I invested the money in a overseas charity that needed every cent .... because the money was used to save young orphaned kids from that terrible disease called AIDS. The MFC may have missed out ... but I'm so glad I made the choice I did. Actually later this year my whole family is giving up their annual leave to go and work with the charity and meet the kids that I helped to save.

Football is only a game and some people forget that at times. But thanks to football I learnt a life long lesson.

Sorry I don't look backwards, I've moved on. Though the truth should be told .... in the end not much would be gained.

I will say this ... I elected to not invest my money into a negativity community - instead being a very positive person I made the choice to invest my money and my time into a positive community.

I invested the money in a overseas charity that needed every cent .... because the money was used to save young orphaned kids from that terrible disease called AIDS. The MFC may have missed out ... but I'm so glad I made the choice I did. Actually later this year my whole family is giving up their annual leave to go and work with the charity and meet the kids that I helped to save.

Football is only a game and some people forget that at times. But thanks to football I learnt a life long lesson.

Sure, you sound like an angel, but doesn't this also make you a hypocrite?

Sure, you sound like an angel, but doesn't this also make you a hypocrite?

People can call me what they want - but I know I'm a happy optimistic positive person and whatever you want to call me is fine by me.

I like to invest my money & time into positive optimistic communities. When I see those signs I invest.

I think we all need to take it easy on Dr Whooooooo. He's a new poster and, inexplicably for a Melbourne supporter, seems to be an upbeat and positive type. I get that this can be tiresome for us jaded old souls, but unless there is proof that they're not as they claim to be, I think we should welcome a different point of view. Hopefully we can all be as positive about Melbin within 12 months.

Dr Whoooooooo, welcome aboard and don't be offended that we're suspicious of anybody being positive. We've seen a lot of shit go down over the years, as I'm sure you have too, but we generally seem to have taken it much harder than you. Be aware though that, just I'm not going to try and tell you how you should feel as a Melbourne supporter, you should probably also try and understand that many of us are more cynical, frustrated... drunk, than you are.

Hogan will (praying to all the gods that he stays fit) kick at least 60 goals next year IMO. Garlett is good for another 40, and if we can get 22 games out of Dawes (the one who played against North)/Pedersen, Kent, and Petracca there's plenty more to come from that forward line. Frost is the unknown entity - personally I'm not expecting much, but with the increased potency of our midfield who knows how he'll fit in (as a second ruck/marking target) and what he can do.

I think we all need to take it easy on Dr Whooooooo. He's a new poster and, inexplicably for a Melbourne supporter, seems to be an upbeat and positive type. I get that this can be tiresome for us jaded old souls, but unless there is proof that they're not as they claim to be, I think we should welcome a different point of view. Hopefully we can all be as positive about Melbin within 12 months.

Dr Whoooooooo, welcome aboard and don't be offended that we're suspicious of anybody being positive. We've seen a lot of shit go down over the years, as I'm sure you have too, but we generally seem to have taken it much harder than you. Be aware though that, just I'm not going to try and tell you how you should feel as a Melbourne supporter, you should probably also try and understand that many of us are more cynical, frustrated... drunk, than you are.

I fully appreciate we have more than our fair share of "jaded old souls" - as you put it who are "more cynical, frustrated and drunk ( in your words again )" than I am.

My comments are more directed at offering public support to Paul Roos and many MFC staff members who have to put up with a barrage of "negative, bitter, overtly pessimistic emails and telephone calls after many, many games this year and so, so many past years. Roos message was quite clear and directed at people who have outed themselves.

Roos is a very positive person, I'm a positive person ... I'm prepared to invest in positive people. Its great to hear an MFC coach finally addressing our real problems.

I also appreciate the MFC needs every "supporter" it can get - but sometimes that's a pipedream and in reality the essence of a "toxic culture" - IMHO and obviously Roos.

Give it a year and we will have hands down the scariest, most blood-thirsty, damaging midfield in the comp. Once Oli has built up a bit of fitness and Petracca is completely over his injury.. watch out.

Sounds like we'll be the hardest team to play against in the AFL... D'oh!

I personally like the fact that we appear to have recruited the bully in every group. No more getting pushed around.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I fully appreciate we have more than our fair share of "jaded old souls" - as you put it who are "more cynical, frustrated and drunk ( in your words again )" than I am.

My comments are more directed at offering public support to Paul Roos and many MFC staff members who have to put up with a barrage of "negative, bitter, overtly pessimistic emails and telephone calls after many, many games this year and so, so many past years. Roos message was quite clear and directed at people who have outed themselves.

Roos is a very positive person, I'm a positive person ... I'm prepared to invest in positive people. Its great to hear an MFC coach finally addressing our real problems.

I also appreciate the MFC needs every "supporter" it can get - but sometimes that's a pipedream and in reality the essence of a "toxic culture" - IMHO and obviously Roos.
So this could be very similar to how we should act watching the Dees next year
AGH!!! Oh fudge... that's... another turnover...
Fiddle Dee Deeeee... that will require a knee reconstruction... I'm not going to swear... but I am going to Burn this club to the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back