Scandal Lyon and Brownless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm a regular in the Geelong swingers scene and I can tell you that Billy Brownless being a victim is far from the truth. I have seen both Brownless and Lyon at many swinger events around Geelong area so both of them know what each other has been up to.
98 pages but this debut post is still my favorite,hands down

Pretty simplistic but no doubt that is what some believe they need, and act accordingly.

They do

I've been married for 14 years ....happy wife happy life is rather simple

They need conversation and connection ...men need an outlet like a beer or hunting or something

It's about balance

This whole mess is no different to other failed relationships ......it's just that they are famous - the principals are the same.

Just like when a famous car breaks down it breaks down the same as you're Mazda ........

It all depends if the encapsulation is actually the thinking. Equating the importance of a wallet to the importance of a human being....

He wasn't equating in any way, just rolling out a couple of lines from the male "code". Only if you had no idea what he was talking about would you think he was comparing his wife to a wallet. I know from discussing this that some women (the majority?) don't really understand the "mates don't touch their mates' wives" thing.

He wasn't equating in any way, just rolling out a couple of lines from the male "code". Only if you had no idea what he was talking about would you think he was comparing his wife to a wallet. I know from discussing this that some women (the majority?) don't really understand the "mates don't touch their mates' wives" thing.
I'm not discussing Lyon here. He made his own bed....literally.

I'm discussing Brownless' attitude and his use of language. And I think if he speaks it, he has to answer to it and he used the analogy. And in there lies some of the truth of how he views the relationship and how he discounts her choices in preference to his bro code.

I would've thought the notion of not getting it off with your best friend's hubby/wife applied to both male and females. Works both ways.

Just seems to be an unwritten rule of society imo........or used to be.

I wasn't offended by Billy's "wallet or wife" comment" I understood what he was saying......but I suppose the feminists and others have to get upset over something else to keep themselves occupied.

Last edited:
Being in the media and then probably being on the turps afterwards

Women need connection. Mens needs are simpler. Beer, food sex and maybe some connection

I'm a counsellor and this case is attracting a lot of attention it's no different to the average relationship that fails

It's just they are famous but thoer brains are the same as a bloke in the suburbs .........beer, food sex .......

Geez you must be a pretty shallow counsellor if that's your summary of the male species.
Projecting a little perhaps?

-"I've been feeling a bit lost and depressed of late Dave. This breakup is really getting me down man"
- "She'll be right bloke. Go grab some Maccas and a slab and spend the rest of the week scouring Craigslist".

I'm not discussing Lyon here. He made his own bed....literally.

I'm discussing Brownless' attitude and his use of language. And I think if he speaks it, he has to answer to it and he used the analogy. And in there lies some of the truth of how he views the relationship and how he discounts her choices in preference to his bro code.

Disagree completely. That's a feminist interpretation.

Disagree completely. That's a feminist interpretation.

Nothing wrong with being a feminist but surely a bloke is allowed to be a bit miffed when your wife and best friend get it on.

When Garry said about his friendship with Jim Stynes "And I loved the nature of our friendship. It wasn't demanding it wasn't complicated. It was strong and loyal and comforting, knowing that our link to the past and the future would be preserved"
Beautiful words and sentiment.
Perhaps billy thought that their friendship was the same. Obviously not, no wonder he is distraught.

Billy has every right to feel aggrieved over what transpired between Gary and his ex. While Gary and nikki were free to see each other, I expect Billy's torment would mostly be linked to thinking his good mate was pretending to support him after the break-up but was instead hooking up with his ex on the side. His choice of words on the footy show re the wallet and ex were unfortunate, but he was emotional and we are not always articulate in such a state. Unfortunately I can't see Gary coming back to the footy show as a result of this. He can't play the neutral conservative card anymore as his moral authority (in the public eye) has been tarnished. I can see him coming back as a panelist on other shows though. But expect he will be more opinionated on key issues. I think he could provide good value in such a role. Similar to Wayne Carey and Matthew Lloyd. Just my thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First up, I feel a great deal of sympathy towards Melissa Lyon and Billy Brownless, as well as all their kids and families.

I'm gonna sound clumsy asking here, but aside from the fact that Gary Lyon was involved with Nicky Brownless, I haven't been able to get any clear information on the bigger picture. No, not asking about the gory details about what Garry and Nicky were doing, but other issues....

I've heard that Melissa and Garry Lyon had either divorced or been separated for some time prior to all this....and/or Nicky and Billy Brownless had been divorced or separated previously as well? Prior? During? After?

And nothing clear about how long this had all been going on between Nicky and Garry?

Or how their relationship was found out?

I've been looking on the Internet, but just can't find any clear details on any of this stuff above - nothing.

Last edited:
Don't know why 60+ year old gazillionaires like Clive and Trump want to waste the rest of their life in politics. I'd be off on some desert island with my feet up, or I'd be traveling the world.

Hear Hear :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:. But you forgot to add Gina (Rinehart) and Rupert (Murdoch) to that list.

These complete and utter filth want more than just cash - they have their egos to stroke and polish. That, along with their bottomless greed. For them, enough is never enough, and they want to see themselves in the media as "all that", and a bit more. But what many of these super rich gazillionaires just don't don't realise is how the decisions they make, the things they do, the contracts they sign, etc, etc....the effects this has on many people's lives. I agree with freedom, and I don't want to get into a social-political-economic slanging match with anyone, but what these people do and how it affects other people - f*ckn ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be rolling in bucketloads of cash as much as the next person, and there's a heap of things I'd love to do if I was rich - most of all, travel. But I would not sell out my soul to get it. But the bigger picture is I would never give up my privacy and ability to live a normal life, out of the spotlight. No way.

Last edited:
Hear Hear :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:. But you forgot to add Gina (Rinehart) and Rupert (Murdoch) to that list.

These complete and utter filth want more than just cash - they have their egos to stroke and polish. That, along with their bottomless greed. For them, enough is never enough, and they want to see themselves in the media as "all that", and a bit more. But what many of these super rich gazillionaires just don't don't realise is how the decisions they make, the things they do, the contracts they sign, etc, etc....the effects this has on many people's lives. I agree with freedom, and I don't want to get into a social-political-economic slanging match with anyone, but what these people do and how it affects other people - f*ckn ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be rolling in bucketloads of cash as much as the next person, and there's a heap of things I'd love to do if I was rich - most of all, travel. But I would not sell out my soul to get it. But the bigger picture is I would never give up my privacy and ability to live a normal life, out of the spotlight. No way.

No but you can do this even if you are rolling in cash or not.

It is just a glitch with people who are in the media enterprise. They want to have both the fame and the fortune and when it goes awry, then it
all drops the s**t on the whole conglomeration and then they have to deal with it.

People make the same mistakes all the time and just because you are famous it doesn't mean that you get it right.

I have seen that well life is a shitload of hardship.

The thing is that we all know that we are all in it together and we all don't get it right.

It is just unfortunate that we get told that some people do it harder than others when in fact it is not that hard because they have the money to
solve the problems. Money doesn't choose it's battles. People don't choose their problems.

The head rules the heart we suppose but in fact it is the heart that rules the head.
I can't decide which one is better.

lol...Can you imagine the ratings bonanza when they do eventually kiss and make up on screen.

They will 100% work together again.
I seriously hope 100% it doesn't happen, and that they don't force Billy into it .If it were me I'd leave if Gary came back , you just can't trust that person ever again

The more strident modern feminists attempt to place everything in a "men are scum" context.

Even if people can't understand what Brownless was saying, the definition of 'cuckold' (the verb) is unambiguous.
Half of those "feminists" aren't really feminists because they only care about improving their own life, not so much anybody else's. Facebook and the like is to blame; no topic is above being used for attention-whoring.

Geez you must be a pretty shallow counsellor if that's your summary of the male species.
Projecting a little perhaps?

-"I've been feeling a bit lost and depressed of late Dave. This breakup is really getting me down man"
- "She'll be right bloke. Go grab some Mackers and a slab and spend the rest of the week scouring Craigslist".

Yes smidgen poetic license

My point is men and women's needs are very different

I wasn't offended by the Jibe either ...fair call

Half of those "feminists" aren't really feminists because they only care about improving their own life, not so much anybody else's. Facebook and the like is to blame; no topic is above being used for attention-whoring.

er yes it is about self promoting and what are you to say to it that we can't drive the bus as well.

just tramelling the point that no one can see it for what it is and that is about self promotion.

it sounds as though it is all about those who can cope with it and those who can't... drive the bus or give the whole s**t a kick ... hmm

I wonder if Billy had said it differently:

"You don't touch a bloke's wallet, and you don't root a mate. Nicky crossed the line big time.

It wouldn't matter how he said it. Whingers will whinge at anything, especially when there is a platform. There was nothing wrong with what Brownless said, it is just that some losers like to compare things (that aren't there) in order to drum up some attention. It is pathetic, but common.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back