News Corey Gault (Latest - he ain't being delisted ...)

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair he hasn't proven anything in a legitimate senior game yet, he was very good last pre season as well, then when the real stuff started he didn't do much at all.

In all fairness to Gault, neither did about 15 other players on the list last year.

I think we worked out some time ago that Gault was hopeless. The only thing to do now is to hang on and hope that we're proven correct. This isnt the time to change course midstreams. I'd argue that any glint of good play by Gault should only motivate us to re-double our efforts to get him off the list...

I think we worked out some time ago that Gault was hopeless. The only thing to do now is to hang on and hope that we're proven correct. This isnt the time to change course midstreams. I'd argue that any glint of good play by Gault should only motivate us to re-double our efforts to get him off the list...

Going on form in the Intra Club and 3 NAB games, I wouldn't be selecting Pendlebury, Crisp, or Grundy but the reality is they are definitely in the mix and would be hard to not select.

Not sure what Gault has done wrong so far and think he deserves a game.

Up to him then to keep his spot.

Going on form in the Intra Club and 3 NAB games, I wouldn't be selecting Pendlebury, Crisp, or Grundy but the reality is they are definitely in the mix and would be hard to not select.

Not sure what Gault has done wrong so far and think he deserves a game.

Up to him then to keep his spot.

This is what I mean.

Unless Buckley's expectations on him were kicking 83 goals, laying 75 tackles, getting 98 hitouts and running 63 km, I"m not sure what else Gault could have done to deserve the promotion.

3rd highest goalkicker in the comp during the NAB
Was more than adequate in ruckcontests
Put forward pressure
even ran back into defence on a few occasions
Took contested marks

Now of course, if he once again fails to convert that form into senior form, then yeah, he's probably done at the end of 2016, but as of right now, it's very hard to argue he doesn't deserve both the promotion and a Round 1 spot.

This is what I mean.

Unless Buckley's expectations on him were kicking 83 goals, laying 75 tackles, getting 98 hitouts and running 63 km, I"m not sure what else Gault could have done to deserve the promotion.

3rd highest goalkicker in the comp during the NAB
Was more than adequate in ruckcontests
Put forward pressure
even ran back into defence on a few occasions
Took contested marks

Now of course, if he once again fails to convert that form into senior form, then yeah, he's probably done at the end of 2016, but as of right now, it's very hard to argue he doesn't deserve both the promotion and a Round 1 spot.
Based on form and effort over Summer, Gault, Blairy and perhaps even Sinkers deserve a Rd1 berth. Before mid-season I'd like to think that all will be pushed out by the likes of Howe/Cox/Grundy (for Gault), Broomhead/Aish (for Blair) and Ramsay/Maynard/Marsh (for Sinkers). If that happens, we'll be evolving into a serious finals contender.

I think most of us would argue that the problem with Gault is that he started off with a "soft-penis" attitude and it's hard to come back and be loved by the collingwood faithful. Had he displayed some mongrel when he first got to the club, I would be willing to cut him some slack, but I just can't bring myself to say that he should be given a chance unless he does something good like breaking someone's jaw in a VFL game.

I think most of us would argue that the problem with Gault is that he started off with a "soft-penis" attitude and it's hard to come back and be loved by the collingwood faithful. Had he displayed some mongrel when he first got to the club, I would be willing to cut him some slack, but I just can't bring myself to say that he should be given a chance unless he does something good like breaking someone's jaw in a VFL game.

To assuage the fears of some fans, I have it on good authority that Reid's injury concerns date back to Gault's arrival and the regular rag-dolling that Gault has given him in training sessions. Also heard that the real reason that Dawes requested a trade is that it became known that Gault was being trialled in defence in the coming year. Thus Dawes was too terrified to attend training.

Personally, I don't want him selected because I'm not sure how to say his name. Does it rhyme with salt, or is it gall with a t at the end?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I don't want him selected because I'm not sure how to say his name. Does it rhyme with salt, or is it gall with a t at the end?

It rhymes with salt. Gault's other problem is that he smiles too much, and has nice teeth. He's been to the Steele Sidebottom School of Endless Smiling, whereas he should take some follow up classes at Jamie Elliott's Taciturn College.

It rhymes with salt. Gault's other problem is that he smiles too much, and has nice teeth. He's been to the Steele Sidebottom School of Endless Smiling, whereas he should take some follow up classes at Jamie Elliott's Taciturn College.

Bloody mouth guards. What happened to the good old days when players had missing teeth to show there preparedness for the battle?

HHhhmmm...I still maintain his major drawback is that floppy haircut...spends waaay too much time brushing his hair out of his eyes...needs to get the number of Frosty's barber..

Gault will kick more goals than Cloke v Sydney.

The objective is to kick more goals than Sydney. If Cloke, Gault and Moore function well as a forward line then we migh just win. It's not important who kicks the most goals.

We are on the brink of the new season and all you appear interested in is sniping players :thumbsdown:

The objective is to kick more goals than Sydney. If Cloke, Gault and Moore function well as a forward line then we migh just win. It's not important who kicks the most goals.

We are on the brink of the new season and all you appear interested in is sniping players :thumbsdown:

A more articulate reply than mine. I prefer mine though!

Once again? Hes had just once chance at senior football so far and played just two games at the start of the season, one fair one poor.......and one game at the end of the previous season in a meaningless dead rubber. Given that limited exposure he's hardly on his last chance. Season 2016 may well be his last chance overall (it will be promotion from rookie list or another club probably) but it doenst mean career over if he doesnt set the world on fire after one or two games in March/April.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back