Prediction 2024 Best 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about being a Smokey… mccreery is a natural fit to play the adams circa 2023 role! He’s a far better forward than adams ever was and has tons up upside to learn the ropes as an inside mid rotation. Adams was largely squeezed out of his best position last year with the arrival of Mitchell and that’s partly why he’s at the swans I reckon.

That said, adams was pretty good last season as a forward. But not a natural.
Most people seem to have Lipinski or even Schultz playing the role, hence smokey.
Just because a player is a natural fit doesn’t mean they’re a lock for a role.

I have become a bit worried about WHE this pre-season. Not sure if father time is catching up to him, but for such an endurance runner.. he has struggled in the in the sprints and shuttle runs they have done over the last couple months.

Carmichael is another thats struggled in this area this pre-season too.

Intense exercise can exacerbate post-concussion symptoms. A slower return to full pace/fitness is almost a given. Does he still have the non-contact hat on?

2 spots I reckon. Or maybe one and a half in defence with some wing cover.

I have a nomination for the half in defence.

images

Have the AFL approved his use of a skate board?
Moving forward they've formed a taskforce to investigate and report back to the strategic planning group who will present to the HR executive who will discuss with the Diversity manager before making a recommendation to somebody

Moving forward they've formed a taskforce to investigate and report back to the strategic planning group who will present to the HR executive who will discuss with the Diversity manager before making a recommendation to somebody
I'd laugh, but it's far too close to reality to be funny....

They've ruled that the skateboard is fine if the wheels are high viz to help create an inclusive but also safe work environment where blokes smash into each other at top speed.

She'd need a base line for his tackling from last year. Did I miss the training report where WHE threw Jen to the turf?

Please, Jen would never let WHE tackle her, she has a basketball background. Lippa, on the other hand…

I have become a bit worried about WHE this pre-season. Not sure if father time is catching up to him, but for such an endurance runner.. he has struggled in the in the sprints and shuttle runs they have done over the last couple months.

Carmichael is another thats struggled in this area this pre-season too.

I think as players age, they learn to manage their intensity in some training elements. I think we’ll see the same running machine when we hit the practice matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She'd need a base line for his tackling from last year. Did I miss the training report where WHE threw Jen to the turf?

Pretty sure I saw it in 1 of those thought bubbly thingys overlaid in 1 of her training videos.

Why can’t we have a forward line of:

HF: R.McInnes B.Mihocek L.Schultz
F: J.Elliot A.Johnson B.Hill
We could. You can balance the team in a lot of different ways. But assumedly we'd still play two rucks as none of those 3 are suited to lengthy stretches in the ruck. So it'd mean leaving out a small forward or damaging rotations by leaving out a mid.

Most people seem to have Lipinski or even Schultz playing the role, hence smokey.
Just because a player is a natural fit doesn’t mean they’re a lock for a role.
I think he'll develop into a star. A lot of Jordy about him. Just needs confidence. The question for me is whether they want him playing more outside breaking lines or bursting from congestion - I think the latter will be the long term goal as it's just such a valuable asset. I hope you're right and it does happen next year.

I think the sum total contribution of Adams + Ginivan is well replaced by the sum total contribution of Fin + Schultz.
The rolls are a bit redistributed.
Frampton is in question with Reef or Ash the challenger.

Do we now have 5 on the interchange or is it still 4 + 1?
Who takes sub is the issue as it affects the skills balance.

That’s where Lippa or WHE, although his end of season was exceptional, gets nervous.

Frampton isn't a natural forward IMHO. More likely to end up as a Roughhead style negator.

But there are options up forward: Reef, Ash, ... maybe even Howe.

Frampton isn't a natural forward IMHO. More likely to end up as a Roughhead style negator.

But there are options up forward: Reef, Ash, ... maybe even Howe.
Agree although in some games, like the GF. He stepped in and thwarted their best rebounder in Andrews.
Master-stroke from teh Fly.

Agree although in some games, like the GF. He stepped in and thwarted their best rebounder in Andrews.
Master-stroke from teh Fly.
Yup, although not too many harris andrews around, so would think thats a rare case of wanting to shut him down, as Andrews has a habit of controlling the game.

B Maynard Moore Howe
HB Pendlebury Murphy IQ
C Steele Crisp Josh
HF Hill Mihocek Elliott
F McCreery Reef Schultz
R DC Nick JDG
INT Mitchell Cox Macrae Lipinski
SUB WHE
EMG Noble AJ DeMattia Markov

Without injuries and judging by preseason form, it is very difficult to fit everyone in.

I see a large group of players competing for four spots:

B: Howe, Markov, Noble, Dean, Frampton
M: Macrae, Lipinski, WHE, Allan, DeMattia
F: Reef, AJ

Depth is a great problem to have. We also need to balance blooding younger players when they step up to ensure we find out if they are AFL standard. I expect that starts this year and we see some of Howe, WHE, Lipinski, Markov omitted at times. Fly has already shown he can make the tough calls dropping Noble.

Totally off topic, but what ever happened to the Hawthorn racism issue.
Did everyone just forget?

If the whole saga was nothing but smoke and mirrors then a few heads should roll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back