Multiplat Overwatch (BattleTags now in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Beta was meh, felt like a F2P game.

Should've been priced the same as Plants Vs Zombies GW at the absolute worst.

What's the incentive for levelling? Useless cosmetic stuff? Content felt severely lacking and i wouldn't be surprised if this is dead or doing current Battlefront numbers by the end of the year.

1 thing they shouldnt allow is stacking of the same character. With 21 to choose from, Blizzard should be locking it to 1 of each character so everyone has to play their specific role. The last few beta matches i played was being spawn trapped by a team of that turret dwarf guy. Or getting to a capture point and having 4 Bastions set up to shred.

TF2 is F2P and from what i played of the beta this shouldve been too, with microtransactions for the cosmetic collecting kids to spend mummy and daddies money.

Get the feeling this game is getting a pass due to Blizzard and their promise of constant support. I'll wait for that content and by then a good price drop before i can be tempted, base game didnt hold my interest long enough.

Last edited:
Beta was meh, felt like a F2P game.

Should've been priced the same as Plants Vs Zombies GW at the absolute worst.

What's the incentive for levelling? Useless cosmetic stuff? Content felt severely lacking and i wouldn't be surprised if this is dead or doing current Battlefront numbers by the end of the year.

1 thing they shouldnt allow is stacking of the same character. With 21 to choose from, Blizzard should be locking it to 1 of each character so everyone has and plays their specific role. The last few beta matches i played was being spawn trapped by a team of that turret dwarf guy. Or getting to a capture point and having 4 Bastions set up to shred.

TF2 is F2P and from what i played of the beta this shouldve been too, with microtransactions for the cosmetic collecting kids to spend mummy and daddies money.

Get the feeling this game is getting a pass due to Blizzard and their promise of constant support. I'll wait for that content and by then a good price drop before i can be tempted, base game didnt hold my interest long enough.

Having fun.

I think I've found the main heroes I like in this game.

Junkrat is probably my main go to atm, just spamming grenades and laying traps. Good fun. Reinhardt is also fun but you've got to know how to use him, some maps he just doesn't work at all, I find that's the same with Bastion as well.

Symmetra was fun but I kind of like doing more damage than sitting back and supporting although a few times her teleporter has been very handy.

Having fun.
Yea I had fun for 5-6 hours of the beta, then I realized I was using the same characters all the time cause 3/4 of them are boring as bat s**t to play with. Probs played around 6-8 hours of the beta and I had had enough. For a mp game that's not even close to enough hours of gameplay for me and a lot of others to lay down their hard earned.

Great game so far. Blacky and myself are getting a few games in now.

silverscope#6617 if anyone wants to join us (PC obviously)
Going to add you, in a full group atm but will be playing a bunch I think.

I think I've found the main heroes I like in this game.

Junkrat is probably my main go to atm, just spamming grenades and laying traps. Good fun. Reinhardt is also fun but you've got to know how to use him, some maps he just doesn't work at all, I find that's the same with Bastion as well.

Symmetra was fun but I kind of like doing more damage than sitting back and supporting although a few times her teleporter has been very handy.
So many characters and I haven't found any I don't really enjoy so far other than the snipers. Lucio, Reaper and Mei probably get the most run.

Yea I had fun for 5-6 hours of the beta, then I realized I was using the same characters all the time cause 3/4 of them are boring as bat s**t to play with. Probs played around 6-8 hours of the beta and I had had enough. For a mp game that's not even close to enough hours of gameplay for me and a lot of others to lay down their hard earned.
Fair enough :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda sick of being on the garbage team.
I try go diff classes and I always find I can't go the class I like because some dummy takes it.
I really need some team mates I know that are reliable.
Getting gold and silver all the time on the losing team, losing interest.
Not trying to come across as an amazing player, I'm relatively solid, but just sucks being on the losing team constantly.

Oh, and my ping is 200+.

Last edited:
That nagging feeling where the game where you played the beta and disliked it is getting 10s in every review.

Each to their own. Don't rely on other peoples views on a game that you played and didn't enjoy. If you didn't enjoy it then don't buy it now because chances are you wont like it any more and that's ok.

Love it, playing on ps4 cause that's where my mates will play if anyone wants a game add me, matho1003. Will probably get it on pc at some stage to play more seriously. Looking forward to ranked mode

Each to their own. Don't rely on other peoples views on a game that you played and didn't enjoy. If you didn't enjoy it then don't buy it now because chances are you wont like it any more and that's ok.
Except for that s**t lord calyam

Game has major longevity issues.

Is new and cool right now. The hype train and the PR machine is incredible. This is the 110m game with 10m on marketing with 100m with development.

We need to wait for Blizzard to calm down on the shitstorm. Reviewers obviously feel obligated to give this high marks.

Fact is to do a massively developed back story with movies comics and blogs for a game with NO STORY MODE is a huge slap in the face one which isn't being fully felt quite yet.

The economy already seems very lacklustre, the item system is nowhere near the level of that in CSGO.

Perhaps it will become a big force in competitive FPS gaming. For now all I see is Quake III arena mixed with TF2. Don't get me wrong I played the s**t out of those 2 games back in the day and loved it but after so many hours the shine wears off and you're just left with griefers, casuals and kids.

Core game gets high marks on everything yes but the supporting cast just doesn't feel there unless the comic books and figurines take your fancy (ooooooh shiny merch).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back