News Swans Talk in the Media: 2016 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Written a few weeks ago but just stumbled upon it and thought it'd be a great read for those that haven't seen it yet.

Andrew Wu is a good writer and basically outlines how most of us have felt on these boards.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/sydney...ain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid outbrain

I agree with Bolts too & reckon George will be the vital cog with Heeney & Mills in the middle as our core midfield retire. IMO, he's been as impressive as Heeney & Mills and stepped up brilliantly. Good to see he's getting some recognition in the media for it.

Written a few weeks ago but just stumbled upon it and thought it'd be a great read for those that haven't seen it yet.

Andrew Wu is a good writer and basically outlines how most of us have felt on these boards.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/sydney-swans/how-lance-franklin-deal-helped-sydney-swans-regenerate-list-20160713-gq4z0u?eid=cpc:nnn-14omn2216-optim-nnn:eek:utbrain-outbrain_paid-dom-displayad-nnn-age-nnn&campaign_code=15caf002&promote_channel=sem&utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid outbrain

I agree with Bolts too & reckon George will be the vital cog with Heeney & Mills in the middle as our core midfield retire. IMO, he's been as impressive as Heeney & Mills and stepped up brilliantly. Good to see he's getting some recognition in the media for it.

Don't forget the great man Foote. ;)

As a side note, I'm not sure why we'd move Mills from the half back line. I know it's not his natural role but he's been really beneficial playing back there and I can't really see an immediate player who can come in and fill those shoes.

My god AFL 360 last night was sickening. The exact same story about the Bulldogs that they covered in the last two episodes. Just baffling. And on the same day we find out our second ruck-man will be out for the rest of the H&A season. THIS is why I hate the Bulldogs. We've all conveniently forgotten that they made the top four three years in a row between 2008 and 2010. Yeah they haven't won a flag in yonkers, but it's not like they've been eternally struggling in recent history. Sick and tired of the sympathy this club has gotten all year from the media and the umpires. Their coach is heading into Eddie-league with his diva antics. So what, they've had some injuries. We lost two of our best mids last year in the weeks leading up to the finals, and then our key forward on the eve of the finals. There was no sympathy then. It was a "LOL Buddy deal has backfired and now they've got no depth LOL" case.

Also, no mention of the inexperienced side we fielded last week. The Giants put on a "mature" performance against Port Adelaide. They had finally "matured". I suppose that begs more of a mention than us. Worth mentioning:
GWS round 18 - average age of 24.5 years, average games played 95.0 games.
Swans round 18 - average age of 24.0 years, average games played 78.5 games.

I hope we win the flag this so I can see these other big-headed clubs have their parades rained on.

"So Joey...tell us what you felt the day you heard Murphy hurt his knee".

Please tell me this is piss-taking or appropriation? (I missed the episode)

Could there be anything more insulting to ask a bloke whose played alongside guys like Alex Johnson and Gary Rohan?

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound insensitive but if there are going to be injuries, I'd rather it happen to a fossil whose almost finished than someone with their whole career ahead of them. I mean the prospect of AJ never playing again is shattering, especially that he had such a tiny taste of football at the highest level and has spent four years trying to recover. The media (who have never cared about Murphy before the Bulldogs became their love-child) should just be grateful Murphy got to enjoy over a decade of a solid career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how the media react when/if AJ returns.

Menzel has been given love ever since he returned and rightly so but I feel AJ won't get the attention it deserves.

Why not? I think he will for sure...even more so considering his last game as a winning grand-final in which he was one of the best players!

Why not? I think he will for sure...even more so considering his last game as a winning grand-final in which he was one of the best players!

I'd really like to think it would happen but I don't trust the media enough to cover it because he plays for Sydney.

I'd really like to think it would happen but I don't trust the media enough to cover it because he plays for Sydney.

I understand the scepticism and I really hope we get a chance to find out either way at some stage next year.

Please tell me this is piss-taking or appropriation? (I missed the episode)

Could there be anything more insulting to ask a bloke whose played alongside guys like Alex Johnson and Gary Rohan?

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound insensitive but if there are going to be injuries, I'd rather it happen to a fossil whose almost finished than someone with their whole career ahead of them. I mean the prospect of AJ never playing again is shattering, especially that he had such a tiny taste of football at the highest level and has spent four years trying to recover. The media (who have never cared about Murphy before the Bulldogs became their love-child) should just be grateful Murphy got to enjoy over a decade of a solid career.

Think it was tongue in cheek my friend

Guys I'm in Canada and can't get any AFL coverage. Does anyone know if there is a radio call available to stream/download of the Fremantle game? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back