News Swans Talk in the Media: 2016 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-22/sliding-doors-round-18-2016-afl

Another quality piece of Damian Barrett commentary.

"IF Michael Talia was Luke Parker or Buddy Franklin or Dan Hannebery THEN he wouldn't have been stood down."

He really is a piece of work, Barrett. Who does he think we are? Collingwood?

Hmm. He does know we're the club that essentially cut from our starting 22 the player who 'came to save us' in the 2005 Semi in Nick Davis.

We're also the club that moved on Hall who was one of the most important players to our structure for discipline issues. Oh and he was also our premiership captain.

Barrett is way off the mark.

Absolute bullshit I reckon.

Doubt it the, media pressure if it were a star would mean you would suspend a star for a couple of weeks.

Why? A gun player would not have been stood down indefinitely...it would have been a fine and a couple of games suspension. Otherwise the entire club and playing group are getting punished too which isn't fair.

For the record I don't think Talia should have been automatically stood down either, unless there are factors that we aren't aware of.

Why? A gun player would not have been stood down indefinitely...it would have been a fine and a couple of games suspension. Otherwise the entire club and playing group are getting punished too which isn't fair.

For the record I don't think Talia should have been automatically stood down either, unless there are factors that we aren't aware of.
He should be stood down. Police caught him with an illegal substance and has been charged to appear in court. A substance that in some sports brings with it a 2 year ban if tested positive. What other factors could there be? Bulldogs and Cats have both applied same standards to Libba and Stokes (who's charge was more serious) with playing bans.

Hmm. He does know we're the club that essentially cut from our starting 22 the player who 'came to save us' in the 2005 Semi in Nick Davis.

We're also the club that moved on Hall who was one of the most important players to our structure for discipline issues. Oh and he was also our premiership captain.

Barrett is way off the mark.
Also relegated ROK to the magoos. Cannot think of another player of roks ilk, who whilst fit, finished the year in the twos

He obviously dislikes the club. That wasn't a sliding doors piece, that was a pot shot.

BTW, h is sliding doors article is garbage and is a mess of a concept at best.

If you think that's bad look at FoxFooty's article each week that describes a teams performance in three words.

I should apply for a job there.

He obviously dislikes the club. That wasn't a sliding doors piece, that was a pot shot.

BTW, h is sliding doors article is garbage and is a mess of a concept at best.

Yep, doesnt even do it right

Should be scenario and two options

She cops a lot of s**t but I fond most of her articles to be quite well written and considered. She obviously has a lot of respect for our club if her writing over the year is anything to go by and I applaud the way she questions why the handling of things are not questioned in Hawthorn's case. Over the years they have had many incidence and the response has always been to get the broom out and lift the rug.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She cops a lot of s**t but I fond most of her articles to be quite well written and considered. She obviously has a lot of respect for our club if her writing over the year is anything to go by and I applaud the way she questions why the handling of things are not questioned in Hawthorn's case. Over the years they have had many incidence and the response has always been to get the broom out and lift the rug.
Hawthorn closed shop equates to sweep it under the carpet.

Yeah starts with the captain

They only care about winning flags they don't care about outside perception and how s**t their culture is perceived outside of the club.

I actually laughed at the thought that people were suggesting they would drop Hodge for the finals for his binge and drive incident.

They only care about winning flags they don't care about outside perception and how s**t their culture is perceived outside of the club.

I actually laughed at the thought that people were suggesting they would drop Hodge for the finals for his binge and drive incident.

Yeah thats for sure. But look all clubs are largely the same
If buddy got caught drink driving on the eve of finals, he would play

Yeah thats for sure. But look all clubs are largely the same
If buddy got caught drink driving on the eve of finals, he would play

Yep and why Conners was sacked by Richmond to protect Martin, if your a star you generally get about 6-7 chances before even at that point the club can't keep you (Fev, Hall)

Yep and why Conners was sacked by Richmond to protect Martin, if your a star you generally get about 6-7 chances before even at that point the club can't keep you (Fev, Hall)

Yep thats just the world we live in

Some can do what they want
Others the coach probably spikes their water bottle so he can suspend them

To be fair though Connors is a genuine oxygen thief.

Put this wherever you want mods but exciting to see Papley has signed on until 2018!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he will get permanently upgraded to the senior list in the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back