AFL Toast Rnd 21: 6 point WIN against the Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

What? I honestly thought Cooney was good today. His experience showed. Sure he isn't as good as he was in 2008, but to say he was s**t is nonsense.

- Zach was amazing. First game as captain, in his third year, and without the likes of Jobe, Heppell and Myers to shield him in the midfield, takes a giant s**t on the other team.

- Credit to Zaka, he put his head down and ran hard today, and it paid off.

- Daniher was another who played up the field and ran very hard. His agility for a big guy is amazing, and he has some class with the ball. Will be a few years before he becomes impossible to play against.

- Hartley was a warrior. Brown was massive when moved to defence. Ambrose has also developed into a tough defender. Providing we retain Hurley, add in a healthy Baguley and our defence next year is going to be elite.

- Long was great on debut. McKenna was very good and is coming along nicely, and I thought Gleeson was pretty good.

I know I've missed others, but today was a great day. We have been threatening since the Richmond or St. Kilda game, and it's nice to see the reward for that hard work. Just remember, we weren't supposed to win a ******* game this year. We've won 2, and competed in a handful of others

Cooney is copping a lot of unfair criticism if you ask me, some of the tripe being said at the game today by the peanuts around me was embarrassing.

Cooney is copping a lot of unfair criticism if you ask me, some of the tripe being said at the game today by the peanuts around me was embarrassing.
Yep. Was solid.

I'd like to hear how the Gleeson one should have been a free. Didn't see McKenna.
Kicked it straight over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't use my Essendon mug for my gameday morning coffee today. So if you want to flame me for all the times we've lost this year when I've used it. You'll have to thank me today for not using it.

this was me for like 5 mins after siren went.

giphy.gif

KcKenna might have been trying to rush the behind but he half volleyed it and probably flushed it a bit cleaner than even he wanted, could have gone OOB on the full, it wasn't like he handballed it over the line or kicked a sitting ball off the ground, he always kicks the ball off the ground for himself to run onto, was like a forward defensive that rockets down to the boundary for 4

Daniher didn't influence the game on the scoreboard but I thought his effort around the ground was immense was very impressed today , and the maturity to his game the past 6 weeks .

Probably the greatest part of this very long season has been watching Joe's development.

He has transformed from being a kid still building his strength and learning the game at this level into a beast with the world at his feet now. And also a genuine leader at the club.

He has been immense, and gone to that whole new level this season that we were all hoping we would. Can't wait to see what he can now do with all our boys back next year.

KcKenna might have been trying to rush the behind but he half volleyed it and probably flushed it a bit cleaner than even he wanted, could have gone OOB on the full, it wasn't like he handballed it over the line or kicked a sitting ball off the ground, he always kicks the ball off the ground for himself to run onto, was like a forward defensive that rockets down to the boundary for 4
this exactly. even his body language in the way he hits the ball suggests this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back