AFL Toast Rnd 21: 6 point WIN against the Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

That game was satisfying in so many ways.
Fantasia returns after a week off and back to his dangerous best.
McKenna kicks 2 goals from half back. I seriously feel he's gonna make it.
Zac Merrett captains the team to a win with a great effort individually as well as from the whole team.
Zaharakis gets off the chain and reminds us that he can play. Next year will get off the chain a lot more too.
Daniher worked hard and gave us an outlet all game long.
Jake Long makes his debut and played a handy role up forward. Really showed good football nous out there. Another preseason and he might be a real find for next year. Can run, can tackle and can kick. Exactly the kind of guy that you want to be developing on a rookie list.
Ambrose continues to play pretty well as that shutdown defender. Gold Coast had a ton of inside 50's today i think 60 so to hold Lynch to 2 goals was a fair effort.

The only thing i want now is to beat Carlton in 2 weeks. Rest up anyone who needs to be rested. Lets send Carlton into the preseason in misery!

Anyone else feel bad for Parish and Francis?
Yeah, noticed them watching the team belt out the club song...looking like they would have liked to have been a part of it. Hope it makes them hungry to share in that emotion next year - if not v Carlton this year, they've had more than enough of the negative stuff this year, especially Parish.

What? I honestly thought Cooney was good today. His experience showed. Sure he isn't as good as he was in 2008, but to say he was s**t is nonsense.

- Zach was amazing. First game as captain, in his third year, and without the likes of Jobe, Heppell and Myers to shield him in the midfield, takes a giant s**t on the other team.

- Credit to Zaka, he put his head down and ran hard today, and it paid off.

- Daniher was another who played up the field and ran very hard. His agility for a big guy is amazing, and he has some class with the ball. Will be a few years before he becomes impossible to play against.

- Hartley was a warrior. Brown was massive when moved to defence. Ambrose has also developed into a tough defender. Providing we retain Hurley, add in a healthy Baguley and our defence next year is going to be elite.

- Long was great on debut. McKenna was very good and is coming along nicely, and I thought Gleeson was pretty good.

I know I've missed others, but today was a great day. We have been threatening since the Richmond or St. Kilda game, and it's nice to see the reward for that hard work. Just remember, we weren't supposed to win a ******* game this year. We've won 2, and competed in a handful of others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen Eades interview. Despite getting 19 frees to 9 in his favour and Joe Daniher continually pushed in the back and arms chopped, Eade is saying that they deserved even more frees.
Cry me a ******* river. Eade is a *******. !9-9 frees not including the 20 they didnt pay to us. Hope he chokes

Seen Eades interview. Despite getting 19 frees to 9 in his favour and Joe Daniher continually pushed in the back and arms chopped, Eade is saying that they deserved even more frees.

Oh well. Even if they did deserve more frees they didn't deserve to win the game.

Cry me a ******* river. Eade is a *******. !9-9 frees not including the 20 they didnt pay to us. Hope he chokes
He had a point. The McKenna and Gleeson rushed should have been frees.

The way the players, from veterans to top-ups to rookies, have represented the club this year has been nothing short of amazing. So happy they get to enjoy another win. In a weird way I'll miss this group, but am bloody excited about next season.

Woosha deserves massive credit too. Just the man for the job.

What a game by Hartley! **** me!! Always there at the right time, excellent judge of the punch, good tackling, unlucky not to have taken mark of the day and came back from that horrible injury after courageously backing into a pack. If Hurley saw that he'd be thinking can't wait to play alongside this bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back