Podcast Weekly North Melbourne Podcast: The Stern Look

Shinboner/Villian of the Week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gentlemen,

I am really having a difficult time understanding how a team, who hasn't completely sewn up a finals spot, who intend playing finals and with plenty of ammunition to prove people wrong, could come out so meekly as we did on Saturday, considering the slow starts have happened a few times this year. Regardless of injuries the effort did not appear to be there in the 1st qtr.

The questions are:
Is there something else afoot at the club?
Do you think certain players/coaches are under any pressure due to that surrender we saw?
I know it has been a recurring topic on this board but has Brad lost the players?

Something just doesn't seem right.

I don't think anyone expected us to remain top of the ladder but I think its safe to expect that we would never just concede the game as it appeared on Saturday (yes we came back but the damage was done by that time)
I won't concede we had a shocking start to he game and hawthorn came out breathing fire. Every team this year has had a very poor start like that or similar to that. Hawthorn done it early in the year against the crows.
The damage was not done either in the 1st quarter. We clawed our way back and if Swallow gathers that ball clean at half forward in the third quarter, we had players streaming forward 20 metres out, which would have got us within 7 points. Unfortunately Swallow fumbled and the turn over came and we lost our momentum.
Scott has definitely not lost his players. We've had our flankers out from our best 22 majority of the year. I know your sick of that excuse but it's caught up to us. Jed Anderson who doesn't look AFL standard has to play on the fact we don't have anyone else.
I expect a bounce back game this week from the start. I don't expect to beat the Swans but I think we can compete against them and we have a great track record on Tassie.

hi guys big fan of your podcast
i signed up for an account as you seem to like questions
okay so here is mine

"going forward, goldy is our #1 ruckman obviously
generally he will do 20 minutes of each quarter
the remainder should be done by..... who?"

my thoughts: ben brown is our second best. however is our #1 forward. having him in wrecks out forward line up, makes him more vulnerable to injury. i hate him being in the ruck. next season i will presume petrie is gone, it makes it so important to have majak in there. i am happy for majak to be our #2, although shorter and possibly not a good tap ruckman as brown, i just do not want to see brown rucking. you wouldn't whack carey into the ruck because he is the second tallest. (okay brown doesn't equal carey but you get my idea)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i was going to a question a week, but i guess this one is time sensitive:

"we can play anyone in the finals. keeping in mind we play away, what is our list of preferred opponents 1-7".

My thoughts:

Most Preferred:
1. Geelong (totally overrated and benefiting from a great draw. also likely to be played in melbourne)
2. Bulldogs (injured, but then we really stuggled with their ultra defensive game style)
3. GWS (no finals experience, very high and low ceiling)
4. West Coast (we play terrible over there, but no nic-nac is a different matter)
5. Adelaide (interstate game, i don't rate their list but they keep proving me wrong)
6. Hawks (too much finals experience, at the MCG very difficult)
7. Sydney (we match up okay, but in Sydney very difficult.)
Least preferred

Kangaroos4eva i am available... And really bloody keen to do the podcast this week... Pretty please.
That's fine mate.

I wasn't going to even do this week and come up with a Gaso style excuse, until today's decision.

That's fine mate.

I wasn't going to even do this week and come up with a Gaso style excuse, until today's decision.
New structure:
Club discussion (40 mins)
Review (10 mins)
Preview (5 mins)

:p

;):p

Any final questions for tomorrow young fella?

1.What was the name of that ******* reporter who asked the Grand Final question today? He kept asking wtf questions. I think it was actually apollo_creed

2. Is apollo_creed really IUB...or vice versa?

3. Was Boomers play on fail last Saturday the straw that broke the Camels back?

4. Will NDS now be entered in the Royal Melbourne Show now he was time on his hands as prize Shetland Pony?

5. How come it's taken 7 years for Scotts be a bit of a campaigner?

6. How much does a seat beside the players race cost for Saturday night?

7. How many Kfc's between Wallan and Sydney?

1.What was the name of that ******* reporter who asked the Grand Final question today? He kept asking wtf questions. I think it was actually apollo_creed

2. Is apollo_creed really IUB...or vice versa?

3. Was Boomers play on fail last Saturday the straw that broke the Camels back?

4. Will NDS now be entered in the Royal Melbourne Show now he was time on his hands as prize Shetland Pony?

5. How come it's taken 7 years for Scotts be a bit of a campaigner?

6. How much does a seat beside the players race cost for Saturday night?

7. How many Kfc's between Wallan and Sydney?
I can answer the last one, 69:stern look.

...in other words there won't be time for questions this week.

If it goes for 2hr 15min I will be happy because it gives me something to listen to on the way to the ground Saturday.
Philly, jayz, quiv and only forwards, yea, going to be long this one.

Back