Opinion What DON'T you like about NMFC?

Remove this Banner Ad

err that was not him - he retweeted Mark "the Moran" Allan's tweet of his predicted ladder this year. I think it was out of stunned amazement. Allen does not know what Osmosis is FFS!
yeah, thanks. We've established that! Isn't Osmosis the guy who parted The Bass Strait to free the Victorians from Tasmania?

yeah, thanks. We've established that! Isn't Osmosis the guy who parted The Bass Strait to free the Victorians from Tasmania?

Soz KT I noticed you have been informed of that about 30 times in this thread - Moran Allen doesn't know where Brunswick is either

About time we as a club moved on from the W.Carey saga and being the best player in history, invited him down to coach the forwards. His decade long sabbatical should cease soon. From all reports Archer and Carey have made up to an extent and are are cordial. Imagine Durdin, Mckay , Majak etc thriving under the tutelage of the 'Duck'.. great scenes

Imagine the sheer pressure lumped on these kids because supporters would want them to be the next Carey.

There is not a whole lot to indicate that Carey a) has the desire to do what you're saying or b) would be any good at it anyway.

I hate the fact we've got no one that can take a genuine hanga.

I hate the fact I've drunk all my Premiership port with out an opportunity to buy some more.

I hate the fact I hate our greatest ever player, but I hate even more the fact other members have forgiven him.

I hate the lack of long sleeve jumpers.

I hate the new polo tops.

AND I ******* hate it when we lose to Adelaide.
Well, I can cross one of those of the list!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had a think.

I don't like the impression I get that the list managers risk bad blood and player flight with lowball opening offers. Cost us Greenwood[1], almost cost us Hansen[2] last time he was up for renewal, looks like costing us Wells at the exact point we really would rather not lose the last remaining vestige of classy ball use, there were whispers we were initially way under the market for Maj even as we were delisting Drew.

The "initial offer was insulting" murmurs make their way around too much for my liking, even allowing for BF levels of overreaction and dodgy sources.

[1]Not that I'm that fussed with the final outcome
[2]At the time there was a lot more angst than there would be if it happened now

I've had a think.

I don't like the impression I get that the list managers risk bad blood and player flight with lowball opening offers. Cost us Greenwood[1], almost cost us Hansen[2] last time he was up for renewal, looks like costing us Wells at the exact point we really would rather not lose the last remaining vestige of classy ball use, there were whispers we were initially way under the market for Maj even as we were delisting Drew.

The "initial offer was insulting" murmurs make their way around too much for my liking, even allowing for BF levels of overreaction and dodgy sources.

[2]At the time there was a lot more angst than there would be if it happened now

Losing Greenwood was good, wished we lost Hansen and i hope wells leaves too.

Losing Gibson is what really cost us.

Selling home games.

$575 for an 11 Home Game Membership - Reserved seat on level 2.

Given we are selling 3 games to Tassie, I can only use my reserved seats for 8 games, yet price of membership has increased.

I shouldn't have to spend more money to upgrade my seat to level two for member replacement games.

It's a joke.

We all love North, but what's something you DON'T like about NMFC?

I'll start. I don't like the replacement game format we have. I hate sitting on level three and don't want to spend extra $ after paying a butt-load for my membership.

Discuss.
Everything gets back to the hard-earned $ I'm afraid. The gay-marriage pesticide is a perfect example of this. People in charge too gutless to make a call in case they upset somebody.

I've had a think.

How have we lowballed Wells Rob?

Just because another club is prepared to pay stupid $$ for an old and injury ravaged (albeit gun at best) player is not any reflection we did anything wrong regarding our negotiations.

From all reports our offer was more than fair considering his last few years output, or lack thereof.

Last edited:
How have we lowballed Wells Rob?

Just because another club is prepared to pay stupid $$ for an old and injury ravaged player is not any reflection we did anything wrong regarding our negotiations.

From all reports our offer was more than fair considering his last few years output, or lack thereof.

We had to make a second offer to even be competitive.

We had to make a second offer to even be competitive.

Ok, wasn't aware of that. Even so I think our final offer (if reported at 1.1m over 2 is accurate) was overs, so maybe the first one you speak of wasn't as bad as made out - rather it was just massively trumped by a club that has made poor player management calls in recent times. (which I think this will be also)

Ok, wasn't aware of that. Even so I think our final offer (if reported at 1.1m over 2 is accurate) was overs, so maybe the first one you speak of wasn't as bad as made out - rather it was just massively trumped by a club that has made poor player management calls in recent times. (which I think this will be also)

I read RobZombie's concerns as being the process.

Lowball Greenwood, revise offer to reasonable but due to first offer and the cash from Collingwood he leaves

Now it appears that we've walked the exact same path with Wells.

I read RobZombie's concerns as being the process.

Lowball Greenwood, revise offer to reasonable but due to first offer and the cash from Collingwood he leaves

Now it appears that we've walked the exact same path with Wells.

Yes I think Rob is right on that theory.

What i'd say though for those we've lost it's worked in our favour so far, and I don't think that will change if/when Wells leaves either.

To me that's sensible list management rather than anything to be concerned/upset about (yet). The players we absolutely want to keep we generally get the job done well before required.

Yes I think Rob is right on that theory.

What i'd say though for those we've lost it's worked in our favour so far, and I don't think that will change if/when Wells leaves either.

To me that's sensible list management rather than anything to be concerned/upset about (yet). The players we absolutely want to keep we generally get the job done well before required.

I have concerns about this tactic with Pickering's clients.

Of which Wood is one.

I have concerns about this tactic with Pickering's clients.

Of which Wood is one.

Yes it may bite us on the you know what in future.

I think Pickers might still be player driven though, in that if a player demands to stay it gets done (like Wood and others from different clubs so far).

It's more the 50/50 ones with an open mind where an agent with his style can really turn the waters murky with his tactics and yes, a bad first offer is likely to bring out the 'best' to turn the player elsewhere for $....

Yes it may bite us on the you know what in future.

I think Pickers might still be player driven though, in that if a player demands to stay it gets done (like Wood and others from different clubs so far).

It's more the 50/50 ones with an open mind where an agent with his style can really turn the waters murky with his tactics and yes, a bad first offer is likely to bring out the 'best' to turn the player elsewhere for $....

That's kinda the point though yeah?

Lowballing opens the door to the idea of leaving.

I see Pickering as being someone who is quite good at getting the best possible deal for his clients, the means I may not agree with (Wood getting an offer from Sydney etc). We should just be more vigilant with his clients.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back