Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk III - 1 McClug, 1 Billings (AND ROSS) for 4th rounder get it done dodoro

Who should we take with pick 1?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 202 59.6%
  • Will Brodie

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • SPS

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Rhys Mathieson

Votes: 30 8.8%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • A well pickled ham

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A bag of mouldy spuds

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • A rancid orange

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • A floury apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An over mushy pear

• A rock hard mandarin

• A braised brussel sprout

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please give me a list of trades that we have done successfully that have either benefited the other team more than us or are somewhat balanced?

Have a Port fan talking the usual "difficult to deal with" bullshit and just want to lay down the facts

Can someone please give me a list of trades that we have done successfully that have either benefited the other team more than us or are somewhat balanced?

Have a Port fan talking the usual "difficult to deal with" bullshit and just want to lay down the facts

Insert Pa$$y Ryder deal here.

Tell them to talk to an Aints supporter - they'll confirm they've made out like bandits with Carlisle (future AA backman) and Gresham (future AA midfielder) for pick 5.

hopefully we stipulate this as a condition in the trade)
Hopefully not, as I really don't want to get done for draft tampering just as we are entering a clean season.

Just mention Angus Monfries

ESS out/PTA in: Ryder
PTA out/ESS in: Pick 17 + Pick 37

Looks better now, but at the time we got shafted.

GWS preference would still be Pick 1, if only to make absolutely sure they get McGrath. If we do the deal then for mine the draft could very well end up like:
Pick 1 - GCS - Bowes (GCS match bid by GWS, hopefully we stipulate this as a condition in the trade)
Pick 2 - GWS - McGrath
Pick 3 - BRIS - SPS
Pick 4 - GWS - Marshall (if GWS get Pick 3 through the McCarthy deal)
Pick 5 - ESS - McCluggage
Pick 6 - GWS - Perryman (GWS match bid by GCS, effectively throwing another temper tantrum over being forced to match for Bowes)
Pick 7 - GWS - Setterfield (GWS match bid by GCS, the temper tantrum continues)
Pick 8 - GCS - Brodie
Pick 9 - ESS - Taranto
If Pick 1 is used to bid on Bowes and is matched by GC, by my maths GC will cough up pick 4 and their pick 6 (via Richmond) will be shunted down to about pick 8. So essentially our pick 7 that we get from GWS would become pick 6... so we'd have 5 and 6... again.

If Bowes is bid on at pick 2 then GC only need to give up pick 4, while still retaining 6 in its original position

dont worry about it. i dunno why people get so upset about the "we're difficult to deal with" stuff.

id rather our LM be difficult to deal with rather than be willing to get reamed each and every trade period.

take the Crows for example, they did the dangerfield deal because they thought it was the right thing to do. stuff that. how u can't get at least 2 first round picks for danger is beyond me, stiff shit if geelong already committed to giving one up for henderson. pick 9 + gore is a joke for basically the best player in the game. I'm glad knowing our LM wouldnt ever put up with that.

more than happy to have the difficult to trade with tag.

I'd bid on Bowes because he is the best player in the draft IMO
If us or GWS (should we trade) dont bid on Bowes you'd think Brisbane sure as shit would. Obviously GC will match but on the off chance they dont Brisbane secure themselves a top 5 prospect with no go-home factor... unless he is from the GC and cant handle the hour commute to Brisbane

Greg Denham this morning on SEN reckons Essendon will take McGrath.

I hold no merit in this guys opinion, but would be interesting to see how GWS respond to something like this, if true.

Personally, I'd love to see Patton and a top 10 draft pick in compensation for the #1 pick. Would allow us to keep Hooker down back.

Wouldn't even bother mate. The second you outsmart him he will just start rambling on about drugs. Port supporters are like stepping in dog s#!t, just scrape em off your boot and move on with your life.

So a couple deals for number one that I would definitely do:

GWS

Patton and 7
OR 5 and 7 (assuming they wrangle 5 from Carlton)

Gold Coast

4 and 8

However, if we hold on to #1, I'd use it to bid on Jack Bowes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett dominated the Neafl grand final. Against Sydney. Both Sydney and GWS reserves would make the finals In the VFL. the NEAFL is the weakest state league but against the best side he killed it. He woll be a good get. Better than Towmsend and has better skills than Miles

Yeah I don't remember the game too much... was on the hill sinking VB tinnies since the start of the Div 1 GF!!!

They would surely match it, But if they didn't would we be happy with him at 1?

Yeah I reckon so.

Pick 1 this year could be anyone of 4-5 players, including Bowes.

I'd do it.

I don't really think we need to bring in an established forward though.

Daniher and Hooker is a handy combo as it is, plus we're developing Laverde/Langford/Francis as well.

I'd be content to go to the draft unless an offer including Patton for example came along.

1 for 4 and 8 makes so much sense for them, Especially if we did bid on Bowes and they matched.

It really does, particularly if Dodoro were to imply he WILL bid on Bowes.

Only problem of course, is GC might then be worried about having enough points if Brisbane, or Freo for example try bid on him instead.

So a couple deals for number one that I would definitely do:

GWS

Patton and 7
OR 5 and 7 (assuming they wrangle 5 from Carlton)

Gold Coast

4 and 8

However, if we hold on to #1, I'd use it to bid on Jack Bowes.
Dodoro said on Trade Radio that three clubs enquired about pick 1... these two obviously have the currency but who on Earth would the third club be? Most clubs with top-10 picks traded out their second-rounders last year, and if they don't hold a top 10 pick then they can't possibly get close enough. I guess Brisbane could do it (1+37 for 2+20), or Carlton with their first three picks (if they don't trade 5 to GWS). Neither of those seem likely though, given Carlton will probably lose pick 5 and Brisbane don't have any real need of pick 1 (and are trying to get rid of pick 2!).

Unless someone is tossing up ideas about 2017 picks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back