List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squeeze them a bit more? Have you learned nothing from our old days of trading, it's a big footy gold mine trade.

We now get 4 chances of our players being better than Pick 3. McCarthy could be that himself, let alone pick 7, Pick 34 (Kersten or Hamling maybe) and Lachie Neale II at 71.

Only in the sense that GWS have so much and the pick 3 due to academy selections is very valuable to them. But I am satisfied with the trade. Hoping now for Mayne to accept a deal asap so we can secure another pick and or hill.

Imagine how Cam's feeling right now.

Lifelong Freo supporter, born on the day of our first game, all he's ever wanted to do is play for the Dockers. And now after sitting out of football for a year, he gets to live his dream.

Welcome aboard mate. Hope you have a long career with us, couldn't be happier for you.

Oh you've got me all sentimental now!

McCarthy strode to Freo's gate,
his face was tired, but bold;
He meekly asked the man of fate
for admission to the fold.

"What have you done" asked Bondy, "to deserve admission here?"
"...I plied my trade for charlatans, for several painful years...".

Freo's gates swung open wide,
as Bondy rang the bell.
"Come in and meet the guys", Bond said:
"...You've seen enough of hell" **​

:D Welcome home Cam. :D

(** Loosely based on the poem "The Signalman" - original author unknown).

I am hoping you are using sarcasm!

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, not being sarcastic. It was the most bizarre pre-season training campaign I have witnessed.
The re-hab group did more running than the main squad; I would sit in front of the scoreboard on which Ross positioned himself and watched the assistants handle all the sessions. Sometimes Dave Mundy would take control.
There was no sprint work whatsoever.

Youre misunderstanding him Val. Theres no vitriol at all in fact its classic tongue in cheek from Keyser.
As for the tanking joke, thats all it is.
But honestly Val, I watched nearly every pre-season training session and nobody did any running above a light jog. ... absolutely amazing.
OK, I stand corrected. I thought Keyser worked for WAToday, but I obviously got that wrong. I can handle a joke, but sometimes I am a bit slow on the uptake.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I appreciate that you took the opportunity to point that out to me.
I dont believe you are correct though.
GWS play six man forward line and that is the case with Bulldogs too.
Plus, our five man structure is nominal; many times they all push up to the centre line and further, leaving zero players in our forward line.
We went with a six man structure in three games this year and won all of them, indeed our best games.
Bulldogs didn't play a 6 man forward line in the finals, smith stringer, Dickson, Boyd were all heading up the ground throughout matches.

Hawks don't play a 6 man forward line, poppy, Cyril, hill all head up the ground throughout the matches.

Sydney don't play a 6 man forward line, loyd, Rohan, buddy, Tippett all play up the ground

I would certainly argue that no team in the league plays a pure 6 man forward line, just wondering what would you consider a 6 man forward line and what would you consider a 5 man forward line?
Is it players not going past the fwd50? Players not going past the centre? Starting inside 50 at the bounce?

I thought Keyser worked for WAToday
I've been posting on here for 10 years and that is hands down the worst insult I've ever been given

I can see Basil now " The Fremantle Dockers prove once again to be the masters of trade week ".
As if basil will get his head around this trade

Bulldogs didn't play a 6 man forward line in the finals, smith stringer, Dickson, Boyd were all heading up the ground throughout matches.

Hawks don't play a 6 man forward line, poppy, Cyril, hill all head up the ground throughout the matches.

Sydney don't play a 6 man forward line, loyd, Rohan, buddy, Tippett all play up the ground

I would certainly argue that no team in the league plays a pure 6 man forward line, just wondering what would you consider a 6 man forward line and what would you consider a 5 man forward line?
Is it players not going past the fwd50? Players not going past the centre? Starting inside 50 at the bounce?

We line up with five forward for the bounce and while they move players up the ground they are still on most occasions in advanced to very advanced positions coming back out. Our guys are no where near as advanced of the ball coming back out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh eveything now is a bonus , please mayne signed with another team . If not freo going to take you back.

Fat, bald, ugly campaigner doesn't cut it anymore?
But that's all true so I can wear that.

Being included with the likes of crumpet face and mutton chops not so much. It's just downright nasty and the sort of insult I'd expect from a height challenged ex-worst mod ever

Imagine how Cam's feeling right now.

Lifelong Freo supporter, born on the day of our first game, all he's ever wanted to do is play for the Dockers. And now after sitting out of football for a year, he gets to live his dream.

Welcome aboard mate. Hope you have a long career with us, couldn't be happier for you.

To quote Andrew McDougall:

"Once he has a pre-season with Freo he's going to be even fitter and he's looking forward to round one. It's just a great day for Cam and his family."

All this talk about us ripping off GWS in this trade don't realise yet that we just gifted them 2 top 10 draft picks (1 at pick 3 non-academy player, then another when someone Picks an academy player which they will match).

That being said I am stoked to pick up McCarthy and the additional picks will mean we should get the other deals done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back