News Gubby accepts 12 month ban and resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

The illicit drug policy will be the one. The tests that were to be conducted were under the illicit drug policy and ASADA have handed it back to the league you'd be hard pressed arguing an anti doping offence. Penalties will be interesting though!

You'd think a 12 week suspension for all parties given that is the standard penalty for breaking the code. Contrived as all buggery though given the resultant penalty won't be handed down until trade/ FA period is over.
Yes, reading that article by Patrick Smith he throws the possibility of a breach of 3 codes out there (for the sensationalism) but the reality is that the three of them are not going to be charged under the ASADA code so there will be no 2 to 4 year bans for anyone. We already know that ASADA has reviewed the brief of evidence and handed it back to the AFL to deal with which further confirms this.

3 to 6 month suspensions are likely, with maybe some period of suspended sentence and some fines.

This turned out to be a Good prediction Jmac":

This guy does not run a women's football team (no offence). Will take over from Balme at the end of the season and will be given the responsibility of restructuring the football department. My belief now is that Bucks will stay as coach but will have a significantly different coaching group. Burns also safe, IMO.

This: Not so much:

Balme not going anywhere. Is a good operator and a voice of reason. The club and coaches need him. You maybe right in terms of Gubby coming in and taking control over the wider football operations but think it more likely at the expense of Hine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You'd think a 12 week suspension for all parties given that is the standard penalty for breaking the code. Contrived as all buggery though given the resultant penalty won't be handed down until trade/ FA period is over.
Not to mention the finals!

"MAGPIE BOSS BANNED"?

PARTY GIRL TAKES DOWN COLLINGWOOD DRUG CZAR

accompanied by stern-looking Gubby pictures and Lachie's ex-gf in bikini poses

Caro and Patrick Smith to outrage tango

Robbo on post-season bender will leave it up to Josh, the work experience kid, to ghost-write because he thinks Ralphy is a campaigner

Perty will be Gubby's errand boy to Dekka

All good

Potential Newspaper headlines:

• Collingwood's Allen Suspended
  • GWS off on all charges
  • Shame to Collingwood!
  • Allen Key to all troubles
And the one they don't want:

• No charges for anyone including Magpie Allen

Etc etc etc

Last edited:
PARTY GIRL TAKES DOWN COLLINGWOOD DRUG CZAR

accompanied by stern-looking Gubby pictures and Lachie's ex-gf in bikini poses

Caro and Patrick Smith to outrage tango

Robbo on post-season bender will leave it up to Josh, the work experience kid, to ghost-write because he thinks Ralphy is a campaigner

Perty will be Gubby's errand boy to Dekka

All good
Cue:

Ed the advantages the interstate sides have is just wrong....
We need to demolish the MCG and built a new Mecca for football....

This turned out to be a Good prediction Jmac":

This: Not so much:

If Gubby cops a lengthy suspension it won't matter who predicted what, will be a disaster for the club.

If Gubby cops a lengthy suspension it won't matter who predicted what, will be a disaster for the club.
I am still struggling to comprehend how during a rigorous recruitment process this significant issue was passed over by competent people ? How did we end up in this situation ? How did the board and CEO allow this to occur ? Is this the transgression that leads to a tangible loss of faith amongst the clubs members (principle stakeholders) ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am still struggling to comprehend how during a rigorous recruitment process this significant issue was passed over by competent people ? How did we end up in this situation ? How did the board and CEO allow this to occur ? Is this the transgression that leads to a tangible loss of faith amongst the clubs members (principle stakeholders) ?
It hasn't been overlooked.
It's no coincidence the impending decision is coming out now, (will be post Thursday for sure).
Gubby has done his work and will go on a break to somewhere that has good enough phone reception I'm sure.

One can only assume that they thought there was no case to answer. Perhaps they were led to believe this by the AFL. It's a worry that's for sure!

It's no coincidence the impending decision is coming out now, (will be post Thursday for sure).
Gubby has done his work and will go on a break to somewhere that has good enough phone reception I'm sure.

If it's a two to four year break it won't matter how good the reception is.

Even so, if Gubby is to be the great panacea for a football department supposedly filled with angst and a myriad of "cultural" problems in the playing list, there will be a leadership vacuum that gets replaced by whom ? The incumbents (Perty and Ed) have not been fantastic in their roles (in an wholistic sense) for a few years. We can deal with preordained change just not certain we can deal with chaotic change (even for a few months).

Even so, if Gubby is to be the great panacea for a football department supposedly filled with angst and a myriad of "cultural" problems in the playing list, there will be a leadership vacuum that gets replaced by whom ? The incumbents (Perty and Ed) have not been fantastic in their roles (in an wholistic sense) for a few years. We can deal with preordained change just not certain we can deal with chaotic change (even for a few months).
All depends what replacements, (for the supposed FD sackings) he/they bring in I guess.

All depends what replacements, (for the supposed FD sackings) he/they bring in I guess.
hopefully he makes some appointments prior to his "holiday". Like all else we will be the last to know...

One can only assume that they thought there was no case to answer. Perhaps they were led to believe this by the AFL. It's a worry that's for sure!
You've got to be kidding me?

I think Eddie and the board know full well (and always knew) what was likely to be coming. They have just taken the risk and will take the heat.

For the children watching....

IMG_0614.GIF

Rigorous process? Do you really think it was anything more than Eddie wanted him and recruited him?

The illicit drug policy will be the one. The tests that were to be conducted were under the illicit drug policy and ASADA have handed it back to the league you'd be hard pressed arguing an anti doping offence. Penalties will be interesting though!

The will go for bringing the game into disrepute imo. It's the easiest one to prove and I suspect it gives them the most discretion over what punishment to dish out. The problem with the codes (at least ASADA anyway) is they prescribe mandatory sentences for breaches that are too severe for the clubs involved to accept. They are also very specific in what constitutes an offence and it's at least arguable that you can't be guilty of evading a drug test when that drug test never took place.

If the AFL charge under the ASADA code then they're inviting a lengthy legal battle with lawyers from three different clubs. The costs involved + the damage it does to the AFL brand (particularly in GWS) means it's not a line their likely to pursue imo.

It wasn't the best decision by Allen, but at least he was looking after his players.

On Whitfield can't help wondering why he was hiding from an illicit drug test. Players get two slaps on the wrist before sanctions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back